Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't one of the major criticisms coming out of the Essendon board that Houli is a bit soft, and sometimes squibs contests? If so, would he really fit into the Brad Scott coaching philosophy, where hard efforts are rewarded and softness is not tolerated?

I think their fans are looking for scapegoats, failing to see their side's too young and lacking more talent than they originally suspected. Bachar Houli's one of those scapegoats it appears. He's hardly been allowed a consecutive run of games. I personally couldn't believe he was dumped a couple of weeks after playing a big hand in their lucky last gasp win over us. What was the point in that? Knights is a clueless coach! Free Bachar. :thumbsu:

I wouldn't be against the club taking players from other clubs but only for the right price.

Our focus should be improving our position in the draft. If that isn't feasible then the likes of McKernan/Knights should come under consideration. Not sold on Houli.

We are creating a great culture amongst the current crop of youngsters. Getting 2 new 18 yo mids with good potential and submerging them in this culture should be our number 1 priority.

No doubt that should be the overriding philosophy going into trade/draft time BT.

We are creating a great culture amongst the current crop of youngsters. Getting 2 new 18 yo mids with good potential and submerging them in this culture should be our number 1 priority.

We have drafted heavily since 2006 and continually pumping 18 year olds in to the list just puts back our premiership window further. I think the compromised trade period over the next 2 seasons gives us a good opportunity to look at 21-25 year old players.

I think their fans are looking for scapegoats, failing to see their side's too young and lacking more talent than they originally suspected. Bachar Houli's one of those scapegoats it appears. He's hardly been allowed a consecutive run of games. I personally couldn't believe he was dumped a couple of weeks after playing a big hand in their lucky last gasp win over us. What was the point in that? Knights is a clueless coach! Free Bachar. :thumbsu:

Fair point. I personally think our back six is pretty set, but there might be some value in playing him as a HFF, if there is a spot free (ie, injury to Thomas or Campbell). Knowing his junior career, he would routinely kick bags. And not just 5, we're talking 10+ goals a game. Not sure what Pykie or our other junior experts would have to say about this, but I couldn't see the harm in at least trying it. He's kicked some goals for the Bombers, hasn't he?

We have drafted heavily since 2006 and continually pumping 18 year olds in to the list just puts back our premiership window further. I think the compromised trade period over the next 2 seasons gives us a good opportunity to look at 21-25 year old players.
Depends on where we can position ourselves in the draft. I would rather a midfielder with a pick in the top 20 then a Houli type. If we can somehow attract another top 20 pick I would rather that then go with cast offs from another club.

Fair point. I personally think our back six is pretty set, but there might be some value in playing him as a HFF, if there is a spot free (ie, injury to Thomas or Campbell). Knowing his junior career, he would routinely kick bags. And not just 5, we're talking 10+ goals a game. Not sure what Pykie or our other junior experts would have to say about this, but I couldn't see the harm in at least trying it. He's kicked some goals for the Bombers, hasn't he?

Ive watched him and played against Bachar on the footy field many times and I believe around the U14s for Spotty he kicked 20 and 19 respectively against Laverton and Altona. Speaking to alot of the Dads around when he was 12-13 years old he looked like he was an absolute shoe in to play league football.

I hope he can forge a long career in the game because he has the dedication to work hard and make it but who knows what the go is with Knights selection methods.

Houli does interest me a little bit. Pretty likely he will want to leave Essendon you'd think.

He does squib the odd contest and has mastered the hospital handball under pressure but he's still young and hasn't played many AFL games at all. I disagree with the poster that said we have enough of his type - I think he is the type of player we could really use. Could come reasonably cheap.

Hale to the Suns for a 15-25 pick
On-trade pick to Crows for McKernan

Wouldnt mind Knights as well. Would be good for us. North type of player

If we were to get pick 15 - 25 from the Suns, I'd be on trading it for Walker before McKernan.

I'm going to call it. Taylor Walker will be the next Jack Riewoldt!

Bookmark it!

Walker would be a great pick up. Expensive but worth it. McKernan would be a lot cheaper and less of a sure thing. I would chase both in hope of landing one.

Looks like Houli is already out the door at EB. Would be very happy to grab him. His game against the Saints 2 weeks ago and us rd 1 2008 were very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Chris Knights is a gun and would be my preference. Not sure who we have that Adelaide would be interested in though.

I heard that Haley cant make his mind up between an existing offer to join Gold Coast, and strong interest from Hawthorn.

I heard that Haley cant make his mind up between an existing offer to join Gold Coast, and strong interest from Hawthorn.

Hale is contracted, have the club endorsed the trade?

I'd like us to be involved in a complicated 17 club trade which would end up with us getting pick number 69. :stern look

If we finish 9th, we'll get pick number 69.

Round 1 = Picks 1-25
Round 2 = Picks 26-43 (includes WC priority pick)
Round 3 = Pick 44-60
Round 4 = Pick 69 goes to the 9th placed side.

:cool:

Trade Hale for anything.

Edwards could get some value, he's become a dead eye dick but doesn't get enough chances from us atm, reckon he'd gun it at Geelong and Hawkins is developing slower than expected. Edwards (+pick?) for Hawkins.

Trade Hale for anything.

Edwards could get some value, he's become a dead eye dick but doesn't get enough chances from us atm, reckon he'd gun it at Geelong and Hawkins is developing slower than expected. Edwards (+pick?) for Hawkins.

Just watching Brad Scott on Foxtel. He said about Azza "he has been and will be a very important player for us in the future."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back