Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO we should look at Warnock from Melbourne and Jetta from the Bombers.

Warnock the KPD, is 26 years old, played 50 games and is 194cm 95kg's. Plays CHB and could slot into our lineup allowing SDT to be the 3rd. Out of contract, not sure if he'd cost heaps and might be looking for more opportunities as he isn't getting a look in at the moment.

Sherman had 500 disposals and kicked 30 goals in 2009 so he hasn't had 2 s**t years in a row.
He's an outside player who can kick goals which is what we need, has a bit of pace and as long as he didn't cost to much, I'd consider slotting him in on a wing or a flank.

Josh Fraser? (see below)
Justin Sherman? (outside runner who kicks goals)
Josh Fraser does not run, kick, goal and nor is he and outside player.

The word in that sentence that was accurate is that he is indeed a "who?"

Bernie Bince? (inside and outside mid who is a ball magnet)
I'd prefer his sister, Furry Mince.

Jack Anthony anyone?

I'd definitely look at him at the right price.
Black and O'Keefe won't be relied up next season. Not yet.
Hansen and Edwards as our only talls isn't really going to do it - that's if Edwards gets another year.

Drew is no gurantee to play 22 games either - I'd want to see how he recovers from the triple break...

Either McKernan or Anthony should be looked it.

I'd definitely look at him at the right price.
Black and O'Keefe won't be relied up next season. Not yet.
Hansen and Edwards as our only talls isn't really going to do it - that's if Edwards gets another year.

Drew is no gurantee to play 22 games either - I'd want to see how he recovers from the triple break...

Either McKernan or Anthony should be looked it.

Agree on all, at the right price. Maybe even Leigh Brown as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potential trades that I would look at doing:

Steven Salopek for our 2nd rounder and maybe Thomas or Campbell

Justin Sherman for Urqs (send him back home possibly) and 3rd rounder/2nd rounder.

David Hale for 2nd round pick dont care where he goes, but i think the depth is good enough to accept a 2nd round pick for him.

Chris Knights for 2nd round pick + Scotty McMahon/Matty Campbell

Bachar Houli for 2nd round pick.

Shuan McKernan for 2nd round pick (I think we would definately have to thrown someone else in or an upgrade of picks to get it done)

Would also look at Mitch and Nathan Brown form the coast and pies. Both started off their careers really well but they have plateued. Could we get Mitch Brown home for a 2nd rounder and Matty Campbell or Cruize Garlett. The eagles are looking for a pure small forward and campbell would suit the bill.

Taylor Walker would cost way too much. So everyone better get him out of their heads. He wont be going anywhere IMO.

Gamble- No
Mckinley- No

You could get 3 McKernans for what it would cost you to get Walker.

Really?

That seems odd to me. I would have thought they would place McKernan's potential value higher than Walker given Walker has some pretty significant drawbacks they are struggling to deal with, particularly his defensive side and his consistency in terms of his effort and work-rate.

But if McKernan is going cheap then I am all for the el-cheapo option. :p

In a normal draft NO. In this draft I'd probably say yes. The kid definately has potential, He has been treated so crap since he has been at Essendon. Has an awesome kick, and knows how to find the footy.

If he was such an awesome kick and knows how to find the footy, why is he running around for the Bendigo Bombers?:confused:

Happy to pass on Essendon two's players.

The Crows basically see Walker as the next Fev without the off-field stuff. Considering how much a 28 year old Fev with the off-field stuff attracted trade-wise, imagine how much they'd be asking for a 20 year old Fev without it. You'd be looking at Ziebell and a first rounder to even get them talking. Is that overpaying? Probably, but it's what they'd be asking for.

Spot on. North supporters hoping that we can prise him away with a "Campbell +2nd rounder" trade are in fantasy land. Not going to happen.

Is there any way we can take the "rumour" tag off this thread? So far it's rmours nil, random musings 57. BF rumours may not be worth much usually but they do have a level of potential interest value separate to baseless chit-chat, which is probably the point of the tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back