Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised we haven't hit doona vs duvet discourse again
Ive just discovered something called a coverlet... Just when id accepted the 750 decorative cushions we now have an utterly pointless doona cover with no doona in it that gets put on and taken off each day.

Bottom and top sheet people
Dont be a grot who only uses
Bottom
How is it grotty if you wash your sheets when you wash your doona?

Ive just discovered something called a coverlet... Just when id accepted the 750 decorative cushions we now have an utterly pointless doona cover with no doona in it that gets put on and taken off each day.
I am happy that I don't have to deal with any of that stuff

How is it grotty if you wash your sheets when you wash your doona?
If people do that agreed not grotty.
But in my experience people are not removing their doona cover weekly when they wash their bottom sheet and pillow cases and the doona cover stays on for much longer . but yeh if you take it off and wash it as regularly as your single sheet, hats off

I've done this with tshirts going to concerts, wear an old one, buy a tour tshirt and change in the dunnies and dump the old t.

I recall doing this at a Megadeth gig once, unfortunately the old tshirt was bright red, * me i stood out like dogs balls amongst all the black, couldn't get that tshirt soon enough!

Also shows that you attended the previous concert. Others will see you’re a long time fan.

I religiously wear my work polo when I WFH, I feel it sort of reminds me I'm actually working. Plus if I have to join on a sudden Teams meeting I'm representing!
I dress respectably when WFH. When we first got sent home during covid i was shirtless and someone tried to Teams me. Didn't answer as wasn't giving them a show (for free), but from then on decided it was easiest to just slob after hours

Washing bed sheets and doing cover and pillow cases together, then slapping them onto bed straight after drying. Then going to bed on newly washed said Manchester. Nothing better
if we had a dryer we could do this but we don't so we rotate between two sets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a dumb prick workmate who puts his face way too close to the screen during Teams meetings. He's a bright cheery fella and all but dumb as a post, I don't know if I should tell him or not.
If, after however many years of teams meetings, your still rocking a bad angle, bad lighting, whatever, that’s a choice.

Like a Super Mario chomper flower come to life!!

Washing bed sheets and doing cover and pillow cases together, then slapping them onto bed straight after drying. Then going to bed on newly washed said Manchester. Nothing better

In summer I'll usually wash first thing in the morning, dry at or just before lunch, put it on soon after. Usually I'll wash and dry before lunch, but chuck everything on my the afternoon or just before dinner.

However sometimes I'll be ultra lazy and chuck everything on right before bed (after 10pm) lol.

If people do that agreed not grotty.
But in my experience people are not removing their doona cover weekly when they wash their bottom sheet and pillow cases and the doona cover stays on for much longer . but yeh if you take it off and wash it as regularly as your single sheet, hats off

#teamwasheverythingatthesametime

I'll also do the Hawthorn (jk) pjs too!!

I have a dumb prick workmate who puts his face way too close to the screen during Teams meetings. He's a bright cheery fella and all but dumb as a post, I don't know if I should tell him or not.
Is he definitely on his computer and not on a phone or ipad? I once had to be told to move my phone screen up because the people I was on a call with copped an eyeful of cleavage and it didn't appear that way on my own screen.

Last edited:
Is he definitely on his computer and not on a phone or laptop? I once had to be told to move my phone screen up because the people I was on a call with copped an eyeful of cleavage and it didn't appear that way on my own screen.

Nah I’ve been in a call when we’re both in the office, he’s in the cubicle next to me, he’s like a 4 year old watching Bluey on a laptop!

Bloke is lovely, cheery and pleasant, his shortcomings frustrate the * out of everyone, co workers and customers alike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back