Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Notorious_29

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
QLD Bulls, Brisbane Heat
I'll get the ball rolling

• Have a set of scales in the bathroom, so sometimes I weigh myself before and after a s**t, just for that extra sense of accomplishment.
  • Must have the TV volume on an even number.
  • Sleep with a pillow between my legs.
  • When I was younger (still do it every now and then), used to position my arms/hands in the shower so it looked like water was running out of each of my fingertips.*

* Weirdest one.
Part 1 here

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same. Current building has a "rubbish chute" so I don't even need to see a bin!
I used to live in a building like that a decade ago. Quiet floor where you ran into no one and the chute was like 5-10 meters away. Could risk walking out in your PJs or something. And as a single then not much garbage anyway, perfect.

I used to live in a building like that a decade ago. Quiet floor where you ran into no one and the chute was like 5-10 meters away. Could risk walking out in your PJs or something. And as a single then not much garbage anyway, perfect.
I live in a building with two other apartments on my level. For about 6 months they were both empty, it was brilliant. Had the shared laundry to myself, did laundry in my PJs/took over the laundry. It was great knowing you'd never bump into a neighbour

I live in a building with two other apartments on my level. For about 6 months they were both empty, it was brilliant. Had the shared laundry to myself, did laundry in my PJs/took over the laundry. It was great knowing you'd never bump into a neighbour
And now? Do you bump into them? Good neighbours?

Our last stay in Sydney was setup like that. Rubbish chute next to the laundry in a little side corridor before the lifts. We were on the 12th floor, and as far as I can tell were the only ones staying there during the week.

PTSD just hit hard.

Last day (my family had already left for last minute shopping) I was doing the final cleanup before showering and leaving with the suitcases. I'd already packed and didn't want to get dressed twice, so I chanced it - went out in undies to dump the rubbish no more than a 10m walk. Dropped the bag down the chute, back to the room - took no more than ten seconds - no problem!

Swipe the card to open the apartment door and it flashes red. Swiped again. Still red. Looked around - no signs of life. Went back to the lift - the call button worked but I couldn't make the lift go anywhere without a working card. I didn't have my phone, no way of contacting anyone - and no-one around. Didn't want to call the lift emergency, so stepped out of the lift to think.

Watched the lift go up to 18 then start coming back down - I hit the call button again. Doors open and it's a bloke in a suit, who took one look at me and laughed, handing me the coat he was carrying. Of course the lift then stopped at virtually every floor after that, me the creep holding a heavy black coat around my body and no shoes, socks or PANTS! I became completely engrossed in the frame of the back of the lift - it's burned into my retinas. I can still see that 10cm patch of glossy silver metal... it felt like it was 50 degrees in the lift, I was bright red and burning up.

Went down to the lobby and spoke to reception, but as it was an AirBNB not the hotel they couldn't help (even though they gave me an envelope with the key at checkin!). The lady at reception let me call the apartment owner from their office, and when I came out they had a dressing gown for me (which was ridiculously small and offered even less coverage than the coat), but I thanked the gentlemen and returned his overcoat.

It took the owner the best part of an hour to get there - I still don't understand why she had to let me in personally - and she didn't stop yelling (mostly in a foreign language) from then on. She opened the apartment door, and stood in the doorway yelling as I walked through. I had to shut the bedroom door in her face (she was still yelling and following me in!), threw on my clothes, put the clean undies in a pocket and left.

When I opened the bedroom door, the owner had already moved my suitcases into the hallway, along with my shoes. I grabbed my charger, phone, rental car keys and wallet from the kitchen and left, she was still yelling in the background as I got in the lift. Loaded up the car, checked my phone (20 missed calls and messages - where are you, we'll be late, we'll miss the flight, etc) - picked everyone up and off to the airport, just in time to check in, get on the flight and come home.

I didn't check my wallet until I was sitting on the plane - there wasn't any cash in the wallet at all. My wife could have taken it for shopping (or the children for that matter - though their usually honest), but thought I had $2-300 in there previously. Went to put my wallet back in my pocket, but it wouldn't fit - so I took the belt off and stood up.

This drew the attention of the flight attendant who power-walked back up to our row, just as I managed to pull a pair of underwear out of my jeans pocket. She started to speak, looked at my hand and then opened and closed her mouth a few times as we both stared at my hand, then each other, then back to my hand. Finally my brain caught up, I stuffed the undies and wallet into my pocket, mumbled an apology and sat back down. We did NOT get offered snacks or a drink that flight.

This drew the attention of the flight attendant who power-walked back up to our row, just as I managed to pull a pair of underwear out of my jeans pocket. She started to speak, looked at my hand and then opened and closed her mouth a few times as we both stared at my hand, then each other, then back to my hand. Finally my brain caught up, I stuffed the undies and wallet into my pocket, mumbled an apology and sat back down. We did NOT get offered snacks or a drink that flight.

is this from a sealed section?

Our last stay in Sydney was setup like that. Rubbish chute next to the laundry in a little side corridor before the lifts. We were on the 12th floor, and as far as I can tell were the only ones staying there during the week.

PTSD just hit hard.

Last day (my family had already left for last minute shopping) I was doing the final cleanup before showering and leaving with the suitcases. I'd already packed and didn't want to get dressed twice, so I chanced it - went out in undies to dump the rubbish no more than a 10m walk. Dropped the bag down the chute, back to the room - took no more than ten seconds - no problem!

Swipe the card to open the apartment door and it flashes red. Swiped again. Still red. Looked around - no signs of life. Went back to the lift - the call button worked but I couldn't make the lift go anywhere without a working card. I didn't have my phone, no way of contacting anyone - and no-one around. Didn't want to call the lift emergency, so stepped out of the lift to think.

Watched the lift go up to 18 then start coming back down - I hit the call button again. Doors open and it's a bloke in a suit, who took one look at me and laughed, handing me the coat he was carrying. Of course the lift then stopped at virtually every floor after that, me the creep holding a heavy black coat around my body and no shoes, socks or PANTS! I became completely engrossed in the frame of the back of the lift - it's burned into my retinas. I can still see that 10cm patch of glossy silver metal... it felt like it was 50 degrees in the lift, I was bright red and burning up.

Went down to the lobby and spoke to reception, but as it was an AirBNB not the hotel they couldn't help (even though they gave me an envelope with the key at checkin!). The lady at reception let me call the apartment owner from their office, and when I came out they had a dressing gown for me (which was ridiculously small and offered even less coverage than the coat), but I thanked the gentlemen and returned his overcoat.

It took the owner the best part of an hour to get there - I still don't understand why she had to let me in personally - and she didn't stop yelling (mostly in a foreign language) from then on. She opened the apartment door, and stood in the doorway yelling as I walked through. I had to shut the bedroom door in her face (she was still yelling and following me in!), threw on my clothes, put the clean undies in a pocket and left.

When I opened the bedroom door, the owner had already moved my suitcases into the hallway, along with my shoes. I grabbed my charger, phone, rental car keys and wallet from the kitchen and left, she was still yelling in the background as I got in the lift. Loaded up the car, checked my phone (20 missed calls and messages - where are you, we'll be late, we'll miss the flight, etc) - picked everyone up and off to the airport, just in time to check in, get on the flight and come home.

I didn't check my wallet until I was sitting on the plane - there wasn't any cash in the wallet at all. My wife could have taken it for shopping (or the children for that matter - though their usually honest), but thought I had $2-300 in there previously. Went to put my wallet back in my pocket, but it wouldn't fit - so I took the belt off and stood up.

Wow what a cluster* ha ha, amazing! God invented internet forums for stories like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back