Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Sandler Energy GIF

I have a dumb prick workmate who puts his face way too close to the screen during Teams meetings. He's a bright cheery fella and all but dumb as a post, I don't know if I should tell him or not.
Of course you should. Just say, "Can you move back from the screen a bit, John? You're pretty ugly close up. It's better to get each person's image in a similar frame."

Mind you, as suggested he might be very short-sighted and needs to be close to the screen to see the rest of you. I have glasses especially for the computer, he needs to get some.

Of course you should. Just say, "Can you move back from the screen a bit, John? You're pretty ugly close up. It's better to get each person's image in a similar frame."

Mind you, as suggested he might be very short-sighted and needs to be close to the screen to see the rest of you. I have glasses especially for the computer, he needs to get some.

Nah * it, him looking silly makes me laugh!

I don’t check the train timetable, I just rock up, there’s one every 10 minutes so never wait too long.

It kind of stresses me out in the morning routine if I know when the train is coming. I do know some of the time table by now so it’s not going to work soon.
I know the trains come every 10 on the 5 but I absolutely will not adjust or rush my morning routine to get to the 15 (for example). As you say, one every 10. If I have to do more than a brisk walk to get one it’s not happening either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cries in SE Qld
Yeah the number of buses that arrived early and just blew through the stop while I was running to catch them out where I lived when I was a teenager needing to get to my part time job...

Now they kind of arrive around about when they said they would. Every half hour to an hour.

I remember London buses were similar and it was always excused as the privatised system couldn't attract enough drivers.

I don’t check the train timetable, I just rock up, there’s one every 10 minutes so never wait too long.

It kind of stresses me out in the morning routine if I know when the train is coming. I do know some of the time table by now so it’s not going to work soon.
I could not do this.

I used to base my morning around the 6.21

I was on the Tube when some dickhead left a bag lying around at a station and the whole thing went to s*t. We'd been stopped just outside of Marble Arch for about ten minutes when someone loudly said "f** this", sparked up a ciggy and immediately half the carriage followed his lead.
I remember There was a power outage in summer. Trains stopped in tunnels. One report said people were silently freaked out by the guy in the full business suit and hat who just sat still for the whole 45 minutes (more?) with his paper open in front of his face in 35 or so degree claustrophobic heat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back