Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayfever plus getting actual sick = not a fun time.

It's also currently a real struggle to sleep - trying everything, different pillows, different positions, different clothes (too hot with pants on, too cold with shorts lol).

Also disliking my job at present. Feeling under appreciated for ages, now it seems that they are down sizing meaning more work for us plebs left over. Have to weather the storm in order to keep earning money but the question is how much do I have left to give ?

Received a formal complaint from my gym. I go early before work, 4:30 ish and yesterday morning was using one of the smith machines, did my first set, went to fill up my drink bottle so left my towel and mobile on the bench (even though the fountain is 10 odd metres away) walking back and a middle aged woman knocked my gear on the floor and proceeded to use it. Once she finished her set I said "aahh I was using that and still going" she gave me a death stare and walked off. Thought "******* hell, where is the etiquette" and nothing more.

Rock up this morning and the manager asked why I intimidated a woman and booted her off the equipment? I was dumbfounded and said "what the hell?? I did no such thing, explained what happened and told him to check the CCTV. He said complaint still stood and I would be getting an email.

I've been a very loyal customer but now hunting for a new gym. * that.
Sadly, it will make no difference to them.

Received a formal complaint from my gym. I go early before work, 4:30 ish and yesterday morning was using one of the smith machines, did my first set, went to fill up my drink bottle so left my towel and mobile on the bench (even though the fountain is 10 odd metres away) walking back and a middle aged woman knocked my gear on the floor and proceeded to use it. Once she finished her set I said "aahh I was using that and still going" she gave me a death stare and walked off. Thought "******* hell, where is the etiquette" and nothing more.

Rock up this morning and the manager asked why I intimidated a woman and booted her off the equipment? I was dumbfounded and said "what the hell?? I did no such thing, explained what happened and told him to check the CCTV. He said complaint still stood and I would be getting an email.

I've been a very loyal customer but now hunting for a new gym. * that.
If they dont review the footage and the complaint still stands, do itback to her and any of her friends. Lodge a complaint against her

If they dont review the footage and the complaint still stands, do itback to her and any of her friends. Lodge a complaint against her

Not a bad idea but I think most would just cut their losses and * off. I’ve never seen behaviour like that at my gym and there’s no chance it would be tolerated, by the trainers or the members.

When I was a teen/young adult and I turned a tense neck too quickly (like in sport or in the act of throwing something) I occasionally got these brief ‘explosions’ in the lower back of my head followed by a warm balm wet feeling. Is that a cervical pinched nerve or like a brief whiplash/extension, possibly a thunderclap/icepick headache? Don’t think I ever talked about it or followed up, might’ve just been unco posture/technique, growing pains, etc.

Was always a bitch when it happened, very disconcerting when you don’t know what it means, but was just like a sudden thing that went away quickly. Assuming it was a localised cervical nerve thing jittering away as a tense twist of the neck could set it off. Seldom happens anymore. Nothing major, but in the moment it was awful, like a stalling lurch, remember the first time it happened whilst about 14 walking the dog on the beach and didn’t know wtf it meant

Last edited:

Went again this morning, no email received yet and no word from the manager so maybe they have reviewed it. I like your suggestion however I'm not going to do it back to her, it really wouldn't help matters. I'm looking at a couple of new gyms over the weekend.

Sadly, it will make no difference to them.

For most large businesses I would agree however this particular franchise is struggling, I do know this for a fact as I was having a chat with another chap there who knows the owner of this particular gym along with two others and they are struggling to attract new clients, furthermore with COL memberships are dropping fast. They are likely to be one of the first things to be dropped as they aren't a necessity compared to other life's various services. People will give them up and go running, cycling, buy some free weights for home etc, there are options.

I heard a rumour there was going to be a protest at our local dawn service tomorrow, i really hope not, it could get ugly.

It would be super disappointing for that type of thing to happen

Protesting what?

Woolworths not selling Anzac tins 😂

In all seriousness though, there's some warped thought process that the government is anti-Anzac Day and wants to abolish it

Then we add in the discussion this week about social media safety bill & push to remove graphic, violent videos such as the church attack a couple of weekends back, and there's a group of crazies who've decided the government is against the citizens & trying to remove the freedoms which the Anzacs fought for

And there's still "freedom" and "anti-covid" protests - they likely believe that Anzac Day provides a captive audience for their beliefs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woolworths not selling Anzac tins 😂

In all seriousness though, there's some warped thought process that the government is anti-Anzac Day and wants to abolish it

Then we add in the discussion this week about social media safety bill & push to remove graphic, violent videos such as the church attack a couple of weekends back, and there's a group of crazies who've decided the government is against the citizens & trying to remove the freedoms which the Anzacs fought for

And there's still "freedom" and "anti-covid" protests - they likely believe that Anzac Day provides a captive audience for their beliefs
There is not lol

Could just as easily be some palestine protest or climate nonsense but anything would be dumb tomorrow.

Hopefully there are protests tomorrow as it would go a very long way to show these losers most of us don't care about their causes. The extinction rebellion/Ukraine/Palestine/invasion day/BLM venn diagram would be a complete circle. The same losers going from cause to cause to feel apart of something

Protesting what?

No idea, but just the thought of a protest got my mate (who served for many years) very angry.

Depends what they are protesting.

Potentially, but geez I wouldn't think the majority of people would be in favour of it no matter what the cause.

This morning;

Screenshot_20240424_173056_Messages.jpg
Literally 6 hours later;

Screenshot_20240424_173130_Messages.jpg

I applied the same day the application went up, Monday. Surely if you think you might have a winner you'd stop teeing up interviews for the next business day... anyway, fantastic way to end what I thought was a good day.

And I think I just found out my employer has shorted me roughly 9k in super

Last edited:
This morning;

View attachment 1969353
Literally 6 hours later;

View attachment 1969354

I applied the same day the application went up, Monday. Surely if you think you might have a winner you'd stop teeing up interviews for the next business day... anyway, fantastic way to what I thought was a good day.

And I think I just found out my employer has shorted me roughly 9k in super
That's s**t.

Talk to the ATO - they were really good when my employer shorted me.

OK it's a given that buyers on facebook marketplace * you around, it goes with the territory. I've not usually been on the receiving end from sellers though.

Mrs wants to buy something (few hundy worth, pay cash) and yesterday arranged to go see it after work tonight.

So we meet up and set off, send the guy a txt saying we're on our way and will be there in half an hour (as arranged), get halfway and the prick starts mucking us around. Pull into a supermarket while messages go back and forth and eventually he says too late.

******* clown.

Reported him to facebook as a no-show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back