Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

What in the rambling incoherent world was that…

What in the rambling incoherent world was that…
I’m so relieved you don’t think it was at all accurate and that Anzac Day will safely remain as a bastion of Australian tradition, where it belongs alongside Australia Day 😀, no matter which bunch of loonies tries to tear them down. I was worried there for a while.

LEST WE FORGET!

I’m so relieved you don’t think it was at all accurate and that Anzac Day will safely remain as a bastion of Australian tradition, where it belongs alongside Australia Day 😀, no matter which bunch of loonies tries to tear them down. I was worried there for a while.

LEST WE FORGET!

Did you purchase the fancy biscuit tin this year?

LEST WE FORGET!
I mean if anything every aspect of Anzac Day is getting bigger, Dawn service, memorials and tributes throughout the day.

I take no issue with the service, I generally go (great grandfathers both served) but that article was just bullshit righty coded nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but weren't the ANZACS anti-fascist?

I don't think that sentence makes any sense but you know what I mean.
Yeah I do. But there’s been a resurgence in interest over the past few decades and they’ve decided to encourage it. It’s good that people can feel included and not shut out because they weren’t participants in conflicts. I love the personal stories the papers have been running during the past few days. Some reminiscences are very painful but they are all valuable to know about. History is important.

Yeah I do. But there’s been a resurgence in interest over the past few decades and they’ve decided to encourage it. It’s good that people can feel included and not shut out because they weren’t participants in conflicts. I love the personal stories the papers have been running during the past few days. Some reminiscences are very painful but they are all valuable to know about. History is important.
We’re a country of 27 million, naturally there’s gonna be some people who don’t like Anzac Day (and frankly some of the stuff in recent years is very military propaganda) but as you say, it’s popularity as a day of rememberance has never been greater. I’m confused why you’d post that article and bemoan the protestation of it when you acknowledge the resurgence.

But only if it fits the narrative

That's all on John Howard. Very different vibe before that.

LEST WE FORGET!
Are you happy Sheedy wants a football game at Anzac Cove next year?

Came down with covid two and a half weeks ago, spent a week and a half in bed, been up and about for a week. Cannot last more than two hours doing any sort of manual task. I'm done for the day. Shits me to tears.
You can't work your way out of that either you gotta listen to your body

I found frequent rests meant I could get more done throughout the day but there was a wall I'd hit every day and sleep was the only thing that fixed that

Took almost 2 months for that to go away and I was sleeping close to 12 hours a day

If i didn't I'd get worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back