The young Macedonian, Will Pucovski

Remove this Banner Ad

what did they say?
Craddock? Not much more than my post. Did not offer any quotes from players.

Should he though?

If he can't play the short ball, he's not that good. Genuine #11's get hit less than this bloke...
Exactly. The deficiency speaks for itself.

Craddock made a point on Whateley this morning about how bowlers may feel playing against Pucovski.

Apparently it is a topic of discussion within other squads.
Two points of discussion

1. You have to try and nail him because it’s a clear flaw in his game

2. Nobody wants to be “The One”

I have wondered how Sean Abbott has coped over the years. Must have had lots of support and a strong character.

Most of us will never forget that tragedy.
Yep you’re spot on and it largely gets swept as if he had no involvement in it. Which doesn’t help.

And in that specific case it was a total freak accident - this isn’t

I am sure a few of us oldies can remember the centenary test at the MCG when Mc Cosker was hit and had his jaw broken.Surprised every one when come out in the 2nd innings with his head covered in bandages and of cause no helmets those days.That would never happen these days.
No, they'd have a concussion substitute instead :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the replay from the latest. He looked away and ducked into it.
And it wasn't a ball directed at his body either, it was either on, or just outside the line of, off stump.

Should he though?

If he can't play the short ball, he's not that good. Genuine #11's get hit less than this bloke...

He had a technique issue when he was younger like all young players, but his awesome talent was undeniable. Since then it’s turned in a mental issue where he’s scared of getting hit again so he’s panicks and stops watching the ball.

There’s no such thing as a batsmen without weakness, it’s just in wills case his weakness is causing him brain trauma that is getting worse

Craddock? Not much more than my post. Did not offer any quotes from players.

Exactly. The deficiency speaks for itself.
Yup. Glenn McGrath got badged less in his whole career and he was a walking cricket. Pucovski just isn't very good

Maybe he can forget our a limited overs career where you're limited to one short ball

Yup. Glenn McGrath got badged less in his whole career and he was a walking cricket. Pucovski just isn't very good

Maybe he can forget our a limited overs career where you're limited to one short ball
Generally because if you bowled 3-4 at the stumps McGrath would miss one. But it's clear the repeated hits have destroyed his technique to face anything short.

Generally because if you bowled 3-4 at the stumps McGrath would miss one. But it's clear the repeated hits have destroyed his technique to face anything short.
With all respect pucovski is getting hit by first class and lower level bowlers. McGrath faced Akram, Akhtar, Walsh, Ambrose, Donald etc and got hit less

Totally get he doesn't want to give up on his dreams, but enough is enough.

There is so much evidence out there nowadays on the dangers and short/long term effects - There is no ******* excuse for allowing him to continue -

As much as I'd love him to succeed he needs to give up first class cricket. A dozen or more concussions and being unable to string more than half a dozen games together in a row without sustaining another head knock means he's not going to be able to become a mainstay in the Test team any time soon.

Another poorly played one where he moves into the line of a short ball that otherwise wouldn't have hit him.

They say he didn't have a weakness to the short ball prior to a few concussions but I'm not sure moving your head into into the line of the ball is something that happens post concussion due to being rattled by a few, that's just poor technique.

Another poorly played one where he moves into the line of a short ball that otherwise wouldn't have hit him.

They say he didn't have a weakness to the short ball prior to a few concussions but I'm not sure moving your head into into the line of the ball is something that happens post concussion due to being rattled by a few, that's just poor technique.

From back in my cricket days when I was worried about getting hit I seemed to get hit.

From back in my cricket days when I was worried about getting hit I seemed to get hit.
To be honest I've never been hit in the helmet batting (nets or in game), and rarely took body blows. Short balls aren't an issue for me and I don't say that to big myself up but rather to say it could be why I don't really understand how he could be getting hit this easily to balls that are extremely easily avoided.

The video above and the recent incident were both hit in the head outside the line of off-stump after he moved his head into the line. If he's worried about being hit in the head he's doing a great job at putting his head where the ball is, especially when the ball isn't directed toward his head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back