The young Macedonian, Will Pucovski

Remove this Banner Ad

How long before this becomes an OH&S issue? Surely he needs to find another role before he suffers a catastrophic or serious injury.

He should get some kind of special helmet, if that is possible.

Or take guard 5cm outside leg stump against fast bowlers.

As per a number of younger players in the game these days, he takes his eye off the ball. Big mistake, no matter what shot you are playing. It's as if he sees the ball is short, and rather than step inside it and watch as it passes, he almost seems to hope the ball will just disappear.

I've seen this development in cricket since the innovation of the helmet. We are seeing more and more batsmen clobbered now than ever before, and that appears to be from a false sense of security that the head is protected, and they take more risks.

Don't get me wrong, the helmet is here to stay, I'm not suggesting we remove it, but I am seeing batsmen these days playing shots without watching the ball from start to finish.

It is probably more important now, than ever before, that we drum correct technique into players from the beginning.

As per a number of younger players in the game these days, he takes his eye off the ball. Big mistake, no matter what shot you are playing. It's as if he sees the ball is short, and rather than step inside it and watch as it passes, he almost seems to hope the ball will just disappear.

I've seen this development in cricket since the innovation of the helmet. We are seeing more and more batsmen clobbered now than ever before, and that appears to be from a false sense of security that the head is protected, and they take more risks.

Don't get me wrong, the helmet is here to stay, I'm not suggesting we remove it, but I am seeing batsmen these days playing shots without watching the ball from start to finish.

It is probably more important now, than ever before, that we drum correct technique into players from the beginning.
I still think that eventually bouncers will be further limited in some way.
I know I got some negative responses when I said this before, that's what I think will happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised someone with issues getting hit in the head hasn't been coached to have a better technique against bouncers
It can't be technique at this point, he surely freezes up and panics when he sees a bouncer. He needs to retire immediately. Never seen someone so bad at batting

IMO junior rules should state a batsmen has to sit out for 20 minutes if hit in the helmet, concussion or no concussion.

Obviously there are already provisions to ensure bowlers can't be overly aggressive in targeting a batters head, but they might not to be reviewed to ensure they are strong enough.

You'd ruin the game if you banned the bouncer
Also, if a batsmen can plonk his front foot down the track and swing straight down the ground then how long till a bowler or umpire gets absolutely nailed and ends up with a broken jaw, concussions etc. I'm actually surprised that hasn't happened already in one of the national franchise leagues (maybe it has and I haven't seen).

Far out just seen the footage on CA website...

I think we will find he will retire from cricket this week. I can't see anyway forward for poor young Will. This keeps on happening never seen a batter get hit so many times as young will

I just can't see him continuing his health should be the priority

The way he has been concussed even at training would say its more than technique to me.

Apparently some of those concussions weren’t legit concussions. They were his brain ls defence mechanism or some such. Ie: the one where he got concussed heading a soccer ball.

Either way he probably needs to pull up stumps.

I agree think its all mental...his technique looks fine to me but he just keeps on getting hit in the head

Tbh it doesn’t look that different to this one that sconed the best player of the short ball in history

But nonetheless it just keeps happening to the guy. I agree it’s mental.

Tbh it doesn’t look that different to this one that sconed the best player of the short ball in history

But nonetheless it just keeps happening to the guy. I agree it’s mental.

I am sure a few of us oldies can remember the centenary test at the MCG when Mc Cosker was hit and had his jaw broken.Surprised every one when come out in the 2nd innings with his head covered in bandages and of cause no helmets those days.That would never happen these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back