Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FvU5q2haAAEm_68
And yet, the Eagles are still losing

I liked AFL 97/98 as a kid but surely everyone knows by now that every AFL game ever invented is bound to suck

This one was awesome:

1683254865767.png

1683255066712.jpeg

1683254904200.png

And at least the developers knew what they were doing - teams in Hobart & Darwin rather than Western Sydney or GC

1683254970897.jpeg

On that note you can find all of the older AFL games by searching their name and abandonware into google.

I'm trying to get the Kevin Sheedy AFL coach game to work

Can anyone help with planning ticket booking for a couple of KP games.
I am a member, but want to book tickets for myself + 2 guests for the Melbourne game, and myself + 1 guest for the Essendon game.
Do I need to wait until general admin goes on sale, or can I book in advance?

Can anyone help with planning ticket booking for a couple of KP games.
I am a member, but want to book tickets for myself + 2 guests for the Melbourne game, and myself + 1 guest for the Essendon game.
Do I need to wait until general admin goes on sale, or can I book in advance?

Best option to check the following for on sale dates

Otherwise, contact the club with specifics to see if they may be able to help - tickets have been hard to come by for KP games with very limited availability from day 1 of the on sale date

Good luck with your search

Thanks, I have added the general admin on sale date/time to my calendar for the Melbourne game.
Will keep an eye out for the on sale date for the essendon match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taken from Twitter - this was in response to a discussion on North's interchanged infringement, and makes sense as to what the sign means:

Was listening to @JoshJenkins24 and he mentioned the Cats hold up an “X” sign to signal players can’t come off.

Ended up picking up AFL 23 during the week after about a dozen patches between now and when it was released.

Had to laugh though. Had the game simulating matches in the background while I was working, and noticed during a game between the Bulldogs and Brisbane that the camera looked like it water droplets on it like it had been raining - which was odd since the game was being played under the roof at Marvel.

Ended up picking up AFL 23 during the week after about a dozen patches between now and when it was released.

Had to laugh though. Had the game simulating matches in the background while I was working, and noticed during a game between the Bulldogs and Brisbane that the camera looked like it water droplets on it like it had been raining - which was odd since the game was being played under the roof at Marvel.
It was the cameraman's tears for having to watch those teams

When was the last time that both of the grand finalists from the year before failed to qualify for finals the following year i wonder?

winty - did it have this info last night?

‘Standing on the mark’ question -

Why is it that sometimes when an opposition player runs up from behind the player who marked the ball - they get to stand on the mark - and sometimes- it’s a 50m penalty?

I’ve never really been able to work this out.

Faking a handpass when marking the ball…

I remember Duncan doing this a while back and it being called play on.

I just saw Lever do a more obvious one then and the umpire didn’t call it - does this mean that they are no longer calling this play on?

Why is it that sometimes when an opposition player runs up from behind the player who marked the ball - they get to stand on the mark - and sometimes- it’s a 50m penalty?

Timing and standing position

If a player wasn't involved in the marking contest, they run in and stand over the mark, it's basically an automatic 50

Same idea but instead the player stands on the mark, then they're allowed to stand without penalty

Faking a handpass when marking the ball…

I remember Duncan doing this a while back and it being called play on.

I just saw Lever do a more obvious one then and the umpire didn’t call it - does this mean that they are no longer calling this play on?

I believe the call against Duncan was incorrect

They changed the rule this year that if the player after a mark or free kick faked a handball to get their opponent to move off their line (and previously a 50m for not standing), that the umpire would stop things and call the player on the mark back without punishment

So, faking a handball isn't play on, but it also shouldn't reward one with a 50m either

I'm with you. And the umps clearly can't work it out, either. The arbitrary way in which the '50' is paid sometimes and not others is just ridiculous.

Insane penalty for what is often the most marginal act.

Timing and standing position

If a player wasn't involved in the marking contest, they run in and stand over the mark, it's basically an automatic 50

Same idea but instead the player stands on the mark, then they're allowed to stand without penalty
I get you. Stand on the mark vs stand over the mark.

I will pay attention to this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back