Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A real belter of a round in county cricket. 9 matches, 9 draws.

Most matches somewhat weather affected, but a lot of the wickets seem to be roads, with scores like 6d/552 vs 2/553; 7d/530 and 4d/257 vs 413 and 7/164, and 3d/698 vs 517 and 6/293.

Maxwell dropped, joining Green on the bench for RCB. Big oof.

Money GIF

Always a short leash as an overseas player in the IPL. Pretty tough especially in a T20 format where you usually have to come in and just start swinging straight away.

A real belter of a round in county cricket. 9 matches, 9 draws.

Most matches somewhat weather affected, but a lot of the wickets seem to be roads, with scores like 6d/552 vs 2/553; 7d/530 and 4d/257 vs 413 and 7/164, and 3d/698 vs 517 and 6/293.
And with most of round 1 washed out I think there's been one result in two rounds of country cricket so far.

Pat doing very well with the ball this tournament considering how he's gone previously in the IPL. 3/16 off his first 3 before DK getting a few away after the game was done.

Just need to find 9 other in form Aussies before the WC now.
He’s just a class above most bowlers, regardless of the format. Doesn’t matter if it’s a flat wicket or what

Starc with no wickets again last night

Epic 100 to Narine overshadowed by an equally epic 100 to Buttler

Narine has opened for a few seasons, extremely hit and miss, even for the format.
Been doin alright this season so far. Great bowler too, chucking notwithstanding

Pretty funny that he’s played 13 first class matches and more than 550 domestic and international T20s

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trav currently 61 off 18 and the slower in this partnership. What the * is in the water in Hyderabad?

0/103 off five overs.

Dorf and Tye surprise me.

Wow, some big outs

I think I misread this.

I assume Tye and Dorf both play for the Scorchers but don't need permission to play elsewhere.

Tye and Dorff won't be prioritising the Marsh Cup basically.

Not super surprising, all four will prioritise franchise T20 cricket over 50-over and first-class cricket.

Agar has fallen behind Rocchiccioli in the Shield pecking order and would likely play second XI cricket for most of the season aside from 50-over and T20 games. Behrendorff no longer plays first-class cricket and Tye hasn't played a first-class game in six years. Tye also opted not to take a contract in the two seasons prior to the most recent season, so has decided to resume that position going forward.

All four will play for WA when available as will Stoinis who is also still interested in playing first-class cricket, however his availability is more complex at this stage.

Baxter Holt has looked like an uber-spud whenever I've seen him, bizarre acquisition.

Holt would be insurance for when Inglis is unavailable. Joel Curtis had some excellent form in the back-end of the premier cricket season so could be an option if he can continue his form at grade level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back