The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt her partner Simon Benson will be impartial in his weekly article in the Australian.
Albo's military appointments are bound to be a target, too many sheilas and one of the men probably said something supportive of minorities at some point in his career. Enough to be deemed woke anyway.

Albo's military appointments are bound to be a target, too many sheilas and one of the men probably said something supportive of minorities at some point in his career. Enough to be deemed woke anyway.
I heard one of them had a soy latte recently.......this type of wokeness will never be tolerated under Spud's leadership

Last edited:

What we need is people in power understanding the issues before or while they are in power, not after they left or got fired for graft/incompetence

Who gives a **** what Michael Pezzullo thinks - in the words of Scott Morrison he is nothing more than a meagre "unelected official".

Last week, Queensland Opposition Leader David Crisafulli supported the state Labor government's plan to cut emissions by 75% by 2035, in a nice display of bipartisanship for the good of the state.

This week, unwanted has-been Vandal Newman was on Steve Price's Sky News podcast, screaming blue murder about Crisafulli's decision.

Former premier Campbell Newman says the LNP doesn’t “deserve to win” the October election as he takes aim at both Gold Coast-based Opposition Leader David Crisafulli and frontbencher Sam O’Connor.

Mr Newman, who quit the LNP after leading it into government in 2012, criticised the Opposition for supporting Labor’s plan to reduce emissions by 75 per cent by 2035 and claimed rank-and-file members of the conservative party were upset by the decision. The one-term premier, speaking on Steve Price’s Sky News podcast, said he believed the position would damage the LNP’s chances at the October election.

“I don’t know why the state MPs in Crisafulli’s team expect people to dutifully turn up at polling booths and hand out for MPs who are so completely at odds with what they believe in the rank and file,” he said.

Mr Newman, who is now on the state executive of the Libertarian Party, slammed the opposition’s small target strategy, with few major polices announced just six months out from the poll.

“It’s just an extraordinarily arrogant display from people who think they have the state election in the bag,” Mr Newman said.

“With this sort of behaviour, frankly, and this pains me to say, they don’t deserve to win.

“Queensland needs a change of government because we have a hopeless nincompoop of a premier but Crisafulli you need to think long and hard about this.

“This whole small target strategy is deceitful.”

I wonder if this will really hurt the LNP with its volunteer base for the state election, or this is just the fever dream of rabid conservative fogies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he stop short of conscription?

I’m no genius but with the country approaching 50mill population and all the natural gifts it has, becoming more self sufficient in peacetime makes a lot of those ‘fears” much less relevant

Brisbane and outside Brisbane are so different politically... Crisafulli has to make some attempt to walk both sides of the street.

Outside the odd outlier, the state parties seem to be in agreement in the sort of action that is needed.

Did he stop short of conscription?

I’m no genius but with the country approaching 50mill population and all the natural gifts it has, becoming more self sufficient in peacetime makes a lot of those ‘fears” much less relevant
depends, but i don't think conscription will be popular.

do you think we need too bring in conscription/mandatory military time served ala singapore? what message would it send to our neightbours? indonesia, china etc. do you think it would be popular with the voter base?

i think it'd be political suicide to bring back conscription? it was already extremely unpopular during WW2 (John Curtain vs Churchill) and arguably even worse during the Vietnam war.

i think that there was an act passed in parliament in like 1904 or something that relates to wartime conscription but i do not remember the specifics of that

depends, but i don't think conscription will be popular.

do you think we need too bring in conscription/mandatory military time served ala singapore? what message would it send to our neightbours? indonesia, china etc. do you think it would be popular with the voter base?

i think it'd be political suicide to bring back conscription? it was already extremely unpopular during WW2 (John Curtain vs Churchill) and arguably even worse during the Vietnam war.

i think that there was an act passed in parliament in like 1904 or something that relates to wartime conscription but i do not remember the specifics of that
John Curtin, not Curtain. Sadly Curtin isn't as well known or understood as he should be in this country.

There is no argument to the statement that Vietnam era opposition to conscription was higher than WW2 in Australia.

Brisbane and outside Brisbane are so different politically... Crisafulli has to make some attempt to walk both sides of the street.

Outside the odd outlier, the state parties seem to be in agreement in the sort of action that is needed.
Yeah, unlike other states where the Libs and Nats pretend to have different policies at elections so the Nats can win the farmer vote and the Libs win city votes separately.

The LNP in Qld has to have one set of policies as a singular party. They're appealing to the centre and will leak some votes to PHON and others, but probably cost them one seat at the absolute most to them, but win many more from the centre around the cities. Places like Cairns and Barron River, climate change is a non-negotiable. No serious political party can say it's going to do anything about soaring insurances (or completely un-insurable places) without acknowledging the underlying problem, even if they don't really intend on addressing it.

Much like the Federal Libs. They'll reluctantly acknowledge Climate Change exists and that they have a target, then do nothing about meeting it. Don't want to be seen as stupid, but don't want to sacrifice any $$ to fix a problem.

One of them is going to bring back the SGIO. My money would be on the Nats of the LNP pushing it through. Nats have always been anti-handouts until it's them receiving the handouts/subsidies.

think the big difference is more brisbane and f.n.q

John Curtin, not Curtain. Sadly Curtin isn't as well known or understood as he should be in this country.

There is no argument to the statement that Vietnam era opposition to conscription was higher than WW2 in Australia.
yeah i mistyped, but it stands, he did oppose sending more of our boys to their deaths, as it stood before he got booted.

different to conscription, but a similar sentiment

yeah i mistyped, but it stands, he did oppose sending more of our boys to their deaths, as it stood before he got booted.

different to conscription, but a similar sentiment
Curtin died in office. What do you mean, booted?

Like I said earlier, sadly he isn't as well known or understood as he bloody well should be in this country.

Curtin died in office. What do you mean, booted?

Like I said earlier, sadly he isn't as well known or understood as he bloody well should be in this country.
did he really? wow, i'm so out of memory for our ww2 history, my bad, thank you for correcting me!

i do agree though, i think a lot of the historical education is not done particularly well in australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back