Libertarian Nutters

Remove this Banner Ad

At best, libertarianism might work on an individual level, but it's not viable on a societal level.

You can't have everyone just doing their own thing and expect to have a functioning society at the end of it.

Knows his base.
I think it's more a case of trying to build a base. A complete nobody before he became a Senator, he's got one term, knows it and he's all about trying to find a spot for himself in the far right ecosystem when he leaves office.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at how many people are into crypto. A libertarian wet dream that will destroy the governments ability to govern if it ever truly takes off.
Good.

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

And you guys could end up with his disciple. Nobody up there honestly believes Crisafulli's emissions promise do they?

Hard to tell if Crisafulli will win over Brisbane still, but Miles is unconvincing and the ALP are in real trouble outside of Brisbane. That, and Rob Borbidge shows it's possible to win from a GC seat (though even his performance in Brisbane was mediocre).

Laura Norder looks like paying dividends this time because it's not being overshadowed by larger issues (COVID).

Libertarians have long been the main proponents in seeking freedom from governments and their tyrannical insistence on over - governing. All in the pursuit of creating a tax-free utopia , a place with no gods or kings and no PMs or Presidents. It’s just followed by people that don’t want to be told what to do and a little misguded. Governments do need to be kept in check though.

Libertarians have long been the main proponents in seeking freedom from governments and their tyrannical insistence on over - governing. All in the pursuit of creating a tax-free utopia , a place with no gods or kings and no PMs or Presidents. It’s just followed by people that don’t want to be told what to do and a little misguded. Governments do need to be kept in check though.
Actually they've long been a proponent of anti capitalism and the removal of private ownership over the means of production. The stuff you're talking about is a late 20th century foible by some strange US anarcho capitalists which basically reversed the meaning of the term

Look at how many people are into crypto. A libertarian wet dream that will destroy the governments ability to govern if it ever truly takes off.
Used for scamming and buying drugs nowadays.

Used for scamming and buying drugs nowadays.
Yeah, nah.

It's fairly easy to avoid being scammed in crypto- fraudulent credit card transactions are a much bigger problem for me. Never used crypto to buy drugs either. I've only ever purchased legally available items and services with crypto and tried selling a car once in bitcoin.

It's primarily an investment tool, though I'd be happy for it to be classed as gambling (as many uninformed people call it) so I don't have to pay tax on 'gambling wins'.

Do you know what else is used for scamming and buying drugs? AUD.

It's fairly easy to avoid being scammed in crypto
And yet millions and millions change hands in scams, with no possibility of recovery without the scammer sending it back, or law enforcement physically detaining them to recover the scammed coins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back