The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

imagine if we lost in Edgbaston. Down 0-1, no Lyon, this game genuine 50/50. Would be extremely hard to get a series win. At least we have the buffer of being up 1-0 and a decent first innings total.
Yep makes that win even more important.

A bit?

The Lyon injury is the parallel to the McGrath one in 05. That was the injury that changed the series.

So much riding on Murphy in so many ways.
I think we can cover Lyon better then we could Mcgrath in 2005 . Dizzy was off the cliff and had become a fast bowler bowling medium pace.
Kaspa whole hearted but a workhorse .

England will suit Murphy's style I expect he will bowl well . Its a huge day or two as far as ascendency in the series goes.

Both openers giving us a strong platform to build an innings is such a difference from 2019.
Kudos to Warner . Still think he is shot as a test but his first innings knock was pivotal in the game . And backed it up again.
Playing the ball a bit later now .

What a difference a consistent start rather than 2/10 makes

Kudos to Warner . Still think he is shot as a test but his first innings knock was pivotal in the game . And backed it up again.
Playing the ball a bit later now .

What a difference a consistent start rather than 2/10 makes
Their fielding has let them down enormously too. Pope's drop in the first session compared to Green's catch off ball 2 yesterday being the obvious example.

Comparing where our slips cordon stands to theirs is pretty revealing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their fielding has let them down enormously too. Pope's drop in the first session compared to Green's catch off ball 2 yesterday being the obvious example.

Comparing where our slips cordon stands to theirs is pretty revealing.
They field like there attitude in general .

Green is world class isnt he . That was brilliant . Not many catch that and it set the scene for the day

They field like there attitude in general .

Green is world class isnt he . That was brilliant . Not many catch that and it set the scene for the day
The last bloke with that wingspan to field there would be Garner, I reckon.

Yardley had a decent set of reflexes and a great leap and he was also a great gully fielder.

not an ideal session. im not comfortable with a lead of under 400
The pitch looks a bit two paced . Dont think it'll be easy batting especially for the tail or guys coming in.
Theyll need 200 from Duckett , Stokes and Bairstow.

I wouldnt back us to chase this in the same position so still think Australia win nicely .

The pitch looks a bit two paced . Dont think it'll be easy batting especially for the tail or guys coming in.
Theyll need 200 from Duckett , Stokes and Bairstow.

I wouldnt back us to chase this in the same position so still think Australia win nicely .
helps having bowlers that can actually send down balls over 140kph

if England wanted to win they should've bowled better on day 1. had the only good bowling conditions all test and blew it.
They were also 1/188 in there first dig and fell on in a heap . Aussies with no Lyon also .

They have had the better of conditions in two tests . Aussies lose a bowler in game and they are 2-0 down .

I think theyll win a test but Aussies will take series 3-1 .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back