The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that like it was only bodyline when it suited Jardine?

Hutton was another one who employed a miserably slow over rate to stymie batsmen.
Its there default style of game , happens right through from county to club/league cricket .
Played in a game where the opposition got through 8 overs in an hour ........

Lyon is the key tonight. If he bowls well I think Australia win from here.

If not England will slap a decent lead then we all wait to see what the weather does tomorrow
Those short straight boundaries worry me.

And the lack of footmarks that Starc could have created.

How Boland responds to their treatment in the first dig is also vital. We need him to tie down an end.

Those short straight boundaries worry me.

And the lack of footmarks that Starc could have created.

How Boland responds to their treatment in the first dig is also vital. We need him to tie down an end.
Im no fan but I would have played Starc here . He would reverse it on this deck , he would go for a few but it was going to be a higher scoring test .

Lyon will need to be brave , again probably goes for a few but we want wickets from him not a nice 1/80 off 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marnus test from hell. 2 absolute identical nothing shots...
He feels for the ball outside off stump in front of his body.
Recipe for disaster in England

He is good enough to sort it out , always have said he isnt a genuine test average 55-60 bat though

these commentators are totally cooked. wat about any of this has been clinical from England lol. they sent us into bat on a green wicket and we dropped a 400 piece on them. they dropped multiple catches, bowled too straight and let every pair occupy the crease. but nah they took a regulation catch and bowled our tail out for 70 so they've flipping killed it

losing lyon makes winning this really hard now imo. if the pitch has flattened as much as it looks though maybe we can bat them out of the game day 3 and 4 seeing as they don't have any spinners (like us). but if we don't have a 50+ run innings lead, without lyon, I'm not convinced there'll be enough pressure on the bazball approach for the aussies to take 20 wickets

Lyons a huge loss . Murphy will be an adequete replacement beyond this test .

England will chase anything in the 4th.
Its really game on .....2005 vibes a bit .
A bit?

The Lyon injury is the parallel to the McGrath one in 05. That was the injury that changed the series.

So much riding on Murphy in so many ways.

A bit?

The Lyon injury is the parallel to the McGrath one in 05. That was the injury that changed the series.

So much riding on Murphy in so many ways.
imagine if we lost in Edgbaston. Down 0-1, no Lyon, this game genuine 50/50. Would be extremely hard to get a series win. At least we have the buffer of being up 1-0 and a decent first innings total.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back