The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They were also 1/188 in there first dig and fell on in a heap . Aussies with no Lyon also .

They have had the better of conditions in two tests . Aussies lose a bowler in game and they are 2-0 down .

I think theyll win a test but Aussies will take series 3-1 .
I would love to see a 5-0 series so the poms could stick their Bazball where the sun doesn't shine. You are probably closer to the mark, though.

As for the Bairstowe dismissal, I guess you could ask when is a stumping not a stumping. Don't think there is any regulation that says how close the keeper must be to the stumps or whether the ball must be in the hand. Whilst I do get a sense of a Mankad about it, I also feel it was within the rules and fair play. And I can't see how the Starc catch was not out.

I would love to see a 5-0 series so the poms could stick their Bazball where the sun doesn't shine. You are probably closer to the mark, though.

As for the Bairstowe dismissal, I guess you could ask when is a stumping not a stumping. Don't think there is any regulation that says how close the keeper must be to the stumps or whether the ball must be in the hand. Whilst I do get a sense of a Mankad about it, I also feel it was within the rules and fair play. And I can't see how the Starc catch was not out.
The guys a professional cricketer who made an under 12s error . It was arrogance almost daring Carey to have a pinge .

I reckon behind closed he has probably copped an almighty clip but they are supporting him publicly.

The english media are just stupid enough to buy into it all

The guys a professional cricketer who made an under 12s error . It was arrogance almost daring Carey to have a pinge .

I reckon behind closed he has probably copped an almighty clip but they are supporting him publicly.

the pommies are so upset about this. its hilarious

They were also 1/188 in there first dig and fell on in a heap . Aussies with no Lyon also .

They have had the better of conditions in two tests . Aussies lose a bowler in game and they are 2-0 down .

I think theyll win a test but Aussies will take series 3-1 .
One of the things that has been lost on the English amidst all the hand wringing, whinging and finger pointing is that their hubris, poor tactical nous or below average fielding has aided their own demise.

Winning the toss and sending us in, the declaration on day one of the first test, selecting Ali, selecting four seamers, Bairstow's keeping, Pope's drop, Anderson's two drops; they all combine to give us just enough chances to win.

If only they played as well as they sooked.

He did it for the last four balls of the over IIRC. I thought Bairstow was walking down to tap the pitch in response to, and signal the short pitched stuff that Green was bowling. At no time did he wait in his crease after the other deliveries in that over, just wandered out to make his point. He was dismissed because of it. Serves him right.

And for Stokes, Broad, McCullam et al being all high and mighty about it, there's no doubt that they would have done exactly the same thing. They've all got history of doing so.

Hypocrites.

He did it for the last four balls of the over IIRC. I thought Bairstow was walking down to tap the pitch in response to, and signal the short pitched stuff that Green was bowling. At no time did he wait in his crease after the other deliveries in that over, just wandered out to make his point. He was dismissed because of it. Serves him right.

And for Stokes, Broad, McCullam et al being all high and mighty about it, there's no doubt that they would have done exactly the same thing. They've all got history of doing so.

Hypocrites.
Andrew Macdonald would have been all over it .
Very good player but extremely high cricket IQ and was incredible at picking up little things like that .
Reckon a message got sent out to 'watch him '

Oh yeah there were never withdrawing that appeal if it had been opposite ......laughable stuff 😁

ESPNCricinfo just informed us. Yesterday was Zimbabwe legend Henry Olonga's Birthday. He turned 47. He will forever be remembered as a very fine cricketer and for standing up for freedom and democracy in Zimbabwe. He was on The Voice a few years ago and is now living in SA. Happy Birthday to him!

ESPNCricinfo just informed us. Yesterday was Zimbabwe legend Henry Olonga's Birthday. He turned 47. He will forever be remembered as a very fine cricketer and for standing up for freedom and democracy in Zimbabwe. He was on The Voice a few years ago and is now living in SA. Happy Birthday to him!
Met him last year. He's a wonderful bloke.

Was rapid . Really nice guy too . Incredible story .

Geez Wood is quick. Looks dangerous.

Can't believe we lost the toss 3rd time in a row.
Very rapid.

One of mates played him in league cricket a while back . Reckons he was as quick as Brett Lee.

We just need to see his bursts off . Looks a typical Headingly deck , will just get flatter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again, a snail's pace over rate from the whingeing hypocrites. Their catching should be what their fans should be booing, not us.

Been a great session for us with some seriously entertaining batting. Marsh's century one for the memory banks. Straight drive off Woakes the highlight shot, followed by the six off Ali to take him to 99.

Shame he got out.

Once again, a snail's pace over rate from the whingeing hypocrites. Their catching should be what their fans should be booing, not us.

Been a great session for us with some seriously entertaining batting. Marsh's century one for the memory banks. Straight drive off Woakes the highlight shot, followed by the six off Ali to take him to 99.

Shame he got out.
Yeah without sounding harsh we needed a big 150+ the way he was going .

Game on though .Think it'll be a very good batting deck by the afternoon day 2.

Bit quiet here on the Cricket thread. Australia got luck with the weather, England have had luck with the toss. Aussies retain the Ashes.

Bad luck for England , only side in the history of cricket to be ahead of the game and get washed out . Should change the rules for them.

Their whinging and complaining has been glorious . We will belt them down here .

It has been quite amusing watching Piers Morgan get his knickers in a twist over this series. They guy can be a royal pain in the arse.

Actually, he is quite an enigma. Occasionally, he gets on his soap box about things that need to be challenged, such as the intrusion of tans athletes into women's sports and the exclusion of dwarf actors from a remake of the film Snow White (done in the name of inclusion). But at other times you just want him the STFU.

It has been quite amusing watching Piers Morgan get his knickers in a twist over this series. They guy can be a royal pain in the arse.

Actually, he is quite an enigma. Occasionally, he gets on his soap box about things that need to be challenged, such as the intrusion of tans athletes into women's sports and the exclusion of dwarf actors from a remake of the film Snow White (done in the name of inclusion). But at other times you just want him the STFU.
Looked like a goose complaining about the rain last test when he tweeted in 2013 celebrating the rain 😆

Im pretty sure its all for clicks and attention

i just wish i could go to sleep during the 2nd session and wake up the next morning and it not be an evenly poised game

every single ******* time
Yep.

I'm getting almost idiotically superstitious about when I should or shouldn't watch. Thursday I was flicking between the Matilda's game and the test and caught the period at the end of the first half where both sides scored. Which, coincidently, was when England lost 3/11.

Same last night. We grind through the first session while I'm watching the football, I flick it over, we collapse, moginie says some choice words and turns the TV off and looks at the scores in the morning.

I think I'm out for the remainder of the test, folks. For the good of the series, the nation and my sanity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back