The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.

I'm getting almost idiotically superstitious about when I should or shouldn't watch. Thursday I was flicking between the Matilda's game and the test and caught the period at the end of the first half where both sides scored. Which, coincidently, was when England lost 3/11.

Same last night. We grind through the first session while I'm watching the football, I flick it over, we collapse, moginie says some choice words and turns the TV off and looks at the scores in the morning.

I think I'm out for the remainder of the test, folks. For the good of the series, the nation and my sanity.
might be time to start giving Hawthorn games a miss too ;)

might be time to start giving Hawthorn games a miss too ;)
Yep. 😢

Watched the GWS and the Port game at the ground. Only missed watching one on tv this year. That was the carlton game. So that result wasn't my fault. 😉

Yep. 😢

Watched the GWS and the Port game at the ground. Only missed watching one on tv this year. That was the carlton game. So that result wasn't my fault. 😉
i was at the pub watching that and turned it on at half time. i was also extremely drunk/otherwise intoxicated for the St Kilda, WC and Brisbane game. so basically the way i see it i need to be intoxicated or else we lose*

*unless we are playing North Melbourne

Yeah thats too much for us in our current form . Think we reply with around 300 with Labs/Smith getting a 100.
We probably need a few and cant see it .

Broad retires too . Getting out still in form so good on him. Will be good in the commontary box .
He is actually a really good fella .

we needed to keep them to under 250 in the first innings by taking our catches. it looks too hard now. maybe rain will come and save our ass again haha
Should have been 180-200 tbh .

Its a placid deck no excuse for not putting a decent 4th innings total up against an old tired bowling attack .

yep our only chance is that our strat on day 2 to wear out their bowlers actually works and they leak runs early.
The key to chasing that target is one of your top 4-5 need a big 100.

If one of them can get a 150plus we probably win . Not sure we have the form for that.

Its a placid deck no excuse for not putting a decent 4th innings total up against an old tired bowling attack .
The one chance we have.

They've bowled far more overs than we have. It's legacy time. Does Warner want the last chance to change the narrative that he can't play in England? Does Labuschagne overcome his issues outside off stump?

Can we procure the type of win that shows we are world champs?

The one chance we have.

They've bowled far more overs than we have. It's legacy time. Does Warner want the last chance to change the narrative that he can't play in England? Does Labuschagne overcome his issues outside off stump?

i will be happy if we can make a game of it at least. no fun watching us just lose wickets and limp to 220

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one chance we have.

Warner has been mainly getting starts so its not like he cant get it off the square He could pull out a Crawley/Bairstow innings , streaky with chances and score a brisk 60-70

If we got to 3/200 with a set bat I think the Poms might get a little wobbly

Warner has been mainly getting starts so its not like he cant get it off the square He could pull out a Crawley/Bairstow innings , streaky with chances and score a brisk 60-70

If we got to 3/200 with a set bat I think the Poms might get a little wobbly
Warner has a Doug Walters type reputation. Can play on our tracks but struggles close to or north of the equator.

I'd love it if we get to 3/200. I remember Taylor and Slater going for it at the SCG in the 94/5 series. Didn't get the win but the draw for us retained the Ashes.

Truly, for this group there is no tomorrow.

Warner has a Doug Walters type reputation. Can play on our tracks but struggles close to or north of the equator.

I'd love it if we get to 3/200. I remember Taylor and Slater going for it at the SCG in the 94/5 series. Didn't get the win but the draw for us retained the Ashes.

Truly, for this group there is no tomorrow.
Yep he is an eye player with a punch drive . If the pace is there and bounce is true he is fine.
Oval is as close to down here as you get in the UK

They are looking at the captaincy too . CA has reservations about Head due to SA's poor record . Another poster disputes this but I believe its correct .
I think he will get it though over the next 12 months

Yep he is an eye player with a punch drive . If the pace is there and bounce is true he is fine.
Oval is as close to down here as you get in the UK

They are looking at the captaincy too . CA has reservations about Head due to SA's poor record . Another poster disputes this but I believe its correct .
I think he will get it though over the next 12 months
Head has very little to do with SA's poor reputation. The reasons why we're so poor are many, varied and not best communicated via the flat medium of text. A few beers is what's needed because I've got pretty set opinions on how the shocking set up of grade cricket hardly prepares SA for Shield cricket, let alone the rigours of tests.

Head has very little to do with SA's poor reputation. The reasons why we're so poor are many, varied and not best communicated via the flat medium of text. A few beers is what's needed because I've got pretty set opinions on how the shocking set up of grade cricket hardly prepares SA for Shield cricket, let alone the rigours of tests.
Oh it isnt his fault at all. But its not viewed favourable by a few people at CA.
Make of that what you will .

Ive heard he will be next captain but there is opposition

Keep in mind 3 years ago Marnus was viewed as skipper material and now isnt in the conversation

Oh it isnt his fault at all. But its not viewed favourable by a few people at CA.
Make of that what you will .

Ive heard he will be next captain but there is opposition

Keep in mind 3 years ago Marnus was viewed as skipper material and now isnt in the conversation
Considering we haven't had a captain since Ian Chappell, of course not. That's three generations ago and the mindset that the captain must come from NSW, Victoria or Queensland at a pinch is hugely ingrained.

Not sure the rain is a good thing. If it stops overnight and there is play tomorrow, it could make things difficult for the batsmen. Still quite a way to go.
Pitch still should be batting friendly

It did stop our momentum but sets up a brilliant last day . Long way to go but you woukd be disappointed not to win from here .

Pitch still should be batting friendly

It did stop our momentum but sets up a brilliant last day . Long way to go but you woukd be disappointed not to win from here .
yep terrific work from Usman and Davey. They needed to step-up big time and have.

but once again, I've fallen asleep and woken up to another evenly poised ******* test match.

no sleep tonight seems the only solution

Remove this Banner Ad

Back