The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Cracking game. Two top 4 teams going at it, credit to Carlton and their never say die attitude.

It would have been disappointing to loss by 40 or 50 points and that’s where the game was heading. Jeremy Cameron is damn near unstoppable.

Last edited:
We will meet again in Round 15 when we have Motlop, McGovern, Saad, Martin, Cerra, Marchbank and Cuninghan all playing.

Nothing I saw from Geelong should worry GWS, Port and Melbourne.

Damn, guess we're cooked.

We will meet again in Round 15 when we have Motlop, McGovern, Saad, Martin, Cerra, Marchbank and Cuninghan all playing.

Stewart aside do they have anyone missing? Carlton missing half a team and would have won comfortably if they had kicked straight. Jury still out on Geelong.

Carlton will not win a thing until they improve their kicking, both field and at goal.

Cracking game. Two top 4 teams going at it, credit to Carlton and their never say die attitude.

Top 4 is going to be pretty interesting this year. There's about 6 Top 4 teams running around.

Stewart aside do they have anyone missing? Carlton missing half a team and would have won comfortably if they had kicked straight. Jury still out on Geelong.

Carlton will not win a thing until they improve their kicking, both field and at goal.

Danger going off was pretty significant I thought.

Have had some massive goal kicking issues for weeks now. Pretty frustrating.

Geelong will belt Port at home in a fortnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will belt Port at home in a fortnight.

Port’s biggest issue is the head coach. Outside of that, they are a very good side that will cause massive issues for Geelong. Solid all over the ground. I feel like Collingwood got them on a good week.

Port’s biggest issue is the head coach. Outside of that, they are a very good side that will cause massive issues for Geelong. Solid all over the ground. I feel like Collingwood got them on a good week.

Rozee is out for a month, for a start.

Wouldn’t be worried one bit if I were you mate. A third of your best 22 out. I’ve seen how much a difference bulk injuries make to a side because we’re in a similar boat. Think you’re a 10 goal better side with those blokes in. Kick straight and get some better umpiring and you’ll do Geelong comfortably. They’re not a threat.

Dees are your biggest concern. You and Melbourne are the best two teams in it. Could mount a case for GWS and Sydney but I don’t trust them in Victoria. Brisbane and Collingwood are still dangerous but are off this season for whatever reason.

I am reading a lot of crap on this page.

I thought it was a good contest between two top 4 candidates but I guess we're still s**t..

Geelong are 7-0, so how much does it really matter to you? I don’t think anyone has called Geelong s**t.

Wouldn’t be worried one bit if I were you mate. A third of your best 22 out. I’ve seen how much a difference bulk injuries make to a side because we’re in a similar boat. Think you’re a 10 goal better side with those blokes in. Kick straight and get some better umpiring and you’ll do Geelong comfortably. They’re not a threat.

Dees are your biggest concern. You and Melbourne are the best two teams in it. Could mount a case for GWS and Sydney but I don’t trust them in Victoria. Brisbane and Collingwood are still dangerous but are off this season for whatever reason.
A man who in preseason had us 16th now trying to come across as the oracle and that he knows what he's on about. Tap out, this conversation ain't for you, you've been confirmed as clueless on who is good and who is not in 2024.

I don’t trust us until we start putting sides away. We haven’t this year (outside of North) and have been very lucky ourselves. Records don’t mean much at this stage of the season and I agree about Brisbane, I can definitely see that side stringing 5 or 6 wins together quickly.

Geelong are 7-0, so how much does it really matter to you? I don’t think anyone has called Geelong s**t.

Us going against the narrative of suppose to be dropping down the ladder and finished is annoying the heck out of people.

I was confident we’d bounce back this year, didn’t expect 7-0 and there’s a long way to go in the season, we’ll lose games but the pleasing thing for me is once again the club has reset, refocused and gone again, can’t ask for anything more than that, been a remarkable 20 odd years supporting Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back