The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

He won us two finals last year.
Angry Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Geelong making a statement. I didn't think theyd play finals but they are looking like flag favourites atm.
Wouldn't have them as flag favourites as they've had a soft draw. They're just being efficient tonight but I can see the Blues rolling over them in the second half as the luck will run out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't have them as flag favourites as they've had a soft draw. They're just being efficient tonight but I can see the Blues rolling over them in the second half as the luck will run out.

Geelong’s “luck” won’t run out. We are way too dumb to beat Geelong.

Low scoring 3rd there. Blues dominated possession but couldn't make it count. Geelong getting the ride from the umps to keep it in front. Still think the Blues can get over the top here, just need to not give it to Acres when they're going inside 50.

I understand free kick counts don't need to be even, but when it's 11-8 in Carlton's favour I'm not quite sure how Geelong can be 'getting a ride'. There's been incidents let go both ways but this is a weird narrative from someone who regularly scorns people who blame umpires.

Blues have fallen apart. Oh well, thought they could do it, but I was wrong. Cats played a blinder - 20% above their average for shot efficiency (Scores per inside 50) and 10% above the best average.

They managed that because they've been cutting the Blues apart on the transition and getting a lot of scoring shots from right in front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back