Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1114595

5) Underrated Swan is repaying Sydney's faith​

Sydney key defender Lewis Melican has had a rotten run of recent luck, playing just 23 games between 2020 and 2023 due to repeated soft tissue injuries. Now back to full fitness, however, he is a player reborn. Boasting a rare combination of strength and speed, he has allowed the Swans' defence to remain difficult to penetrate even without former co-captain Dane Rampe in the side. Working beautifully with Tom McCartin in the defensive 50, he is reliable when caught one-out and can regularly be seen coming off his direct opponent to impact contests as an interceptor. Melican is an underrated but vital member of a star-studded Sydney outfit that has the potential to go deep into finals this year. - Gemma Bastiani

David King just said on First Crack that the Cats, Giants and Blues are the 3 stand out teams and have weapons far superior than anyone else in the 8. That man is having an absolute lend. It's like results don't matter

Apparently abc listed 6 contenders and we aren't one of them (a mate told me)

28APR24: Hawthorn vs Sydney Swans Match Reports New
Any victory over the wees & poos is a victory to celebrate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any victory over the wees & poos is a victory to celebrate

Melican C+ seems low

Kingies top 3 for the premiership. Geelong, gws and Carlton haha that bloke usually loves swans but I've lost all hope for Vic media

Kingies top 3 for the premiership. Geelong, gws and Carlton haha that bloke usually loves swans but I've lost all hope for Vic media
Nah. We burned him badly and he's not recovered. I can see where he's coming from. The other 3 teams have very dominant fowards that can take the game by the throat and win matches. Our still miss from dead in front.

The talking points should be

1. the abject efforts of the Nine Melbourne clubs, only one getting a win.

2. The craven media who don't even notice the above but will keep blathering about the Vic Clubs. The Vicar of Whately will rate Carlton as his number one seed despite another loss.

3. Are Fox and Sen presenters/callers and others instructed to just discuss the historic VFL clubs?

4. How Kingggy somehow rates GWS is a miracle? What a rebel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back