Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

James Rowbotton interview

This was probably Rowbottom on the other end of the line, because WTF was with all the questions about his looks?

the one where estelle dies episode 15 GIF

Really weird because according to Champion Data we are one of three sides that have a premiership profile. Cats, Blues & us.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The difference is that Champion Data simply use facts. Facts that can't be disputed whereas the others are just giving us an opinion.

The difference is that Champion Data simply use facts. Facts that can't be disputed whereas the others are just giving us an opinion.
Yep, but they only use the ones they want to...

Don't get me wrong, I like the facts they're using, they suit my narrative... but if at some point they don't, I'll be using different facts... :roflv1:

Amartey Party
"Fitness wise, I've been able to complete my first pre-season since I've been at the football club, so that's given me a good base and good confidence in my body that I'll hold up for the whole season and run out games and provide whatever the team needs from me week in, week out," he said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two articles in The Age today.

The one from Caro highlights the difficulties both us and GWS have getting assistant coaches to move to Sydney. 5 coaches between the 2 clubs are living away from their families because of the cost of housing in Sydney.

The one from Caro highlights the difficulties both us and GWS have getting assistant coaches to move to Sydney. 5 coaches between the 2 clubs are living away from their families because of the cost of housing in Sydney.
But COLA was a rort and there's no difference to living in Melbourne

Another one that can't be opened

Yeah, they really are a pair of w***ers. I couldn't give a stuff what they look like as long as they get the job done.
James Rowbottom has an excuse, he’s Brian Taylor’s nephew. But the media are ****ed though just the same

Yep, but they only use the ones they want to...

Don't get me wrong, I like the facts they're using, they suit my narrative... but if at some point they don't, I'll be using different facts... :roflv1:
Actually, now they have amended much of their data collection to take into account position, time on ground, real time ball use (taking int account pressure & if players can handle it), amending effective disposal to show whether a ball kicked long was ACTUALLY effective (in other words if it was marked by an opponent it was not effective whereas in the past long kicks were all counted as effective unless it went directly to an opponent), pressure acts, advantage acts (knocking the ball out or punching a ball to a teammate's advantage) & a whole lot more. 5 Years ago I would have scoffed, and did, at a lot of their data as it was not indicative of how a match was played. However with time spent in, forward defensive pressure, scores from forward & back rebound intercepts etc the data is more indicative of how the game is played. It now shows a blueprint on how teams win & what stacks up.

How effing rude. A fan just pulls a chair up uninvited. That is beyond the pale & he has every right to say to that person, I'm sorry but I am trying to have a private moment with my partner. Some people have absolutely no manners at all.

How effing rude. A fan just pulls a chair up uninvited. That is beyond the pale & he has every right to say to that person, I'm sorry but I am trying to have a private moment with my partner. Some people have absolutely no manners at all.
What are you talking about , some can't open it

What are you talking about , some can't open it
Here's a snippet from the article for those who can't access.

5 Coaches from GWS & Sydney are living away from their families because they cannot afford Sydney.

“We’ve been fortunate to have done that, but if you did an analysis of who lives in their own property in Sydney compared with who rents it would be pretty telling. Too often coaches are approached who are based in Melbourne to come here and when they look at the hard, fixed costs it’s just not worth it.
“If they stay in Melbourne the job opportunities are just so much more widespread.”

While the AFL’s soft cap now allows for a small rental subsidy in Sydney for football staff earning less than $200,000 both GWS and the Swans have continued to lobby for a greater financial benefit in recognition of the housing cost challenges. Sydney are also pushing for the soft cap to return to levels comparable with the pre-COVID era

Damn, I thought Swan fans had better manners that that. Fancy just busting in on a players breakfast and sitting down at their bloody table. How bloody rude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back