VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking at his stats compared to someone like Magor or Campbell, Cleary seems to handball it a bit much.

11 kicks, 16 handballs, I would like to see him even those out a bit so it is something like 14 kicks and 13 handballs.
He is a pure inside who feeds the ball out to outside mids?

Just looking at his stats compared to someone like Magor or Campbell, Cleary seems to handball it a bit much.

11 kicks, 16 handballs, I would like to see him even those out a bit so it is something like 14 kicks and 13 handballs.

Probably I only watched the half closely and the rest in patches just look composed, Campbell looked great. Just like his instincts .

Does his role as an exractor very well.

Usually his handballs find a runner in space. Doing very nicely in that respect.

Campbell with 9 tackles and 5 Clr is very impressive too

All a bit ho hum, well until the last few minutes anyway.

Parker tagged all day by #71 (Cooper Lord).
Would have liked to see him play fwd a bit more, rather than keep him onball. We know what he can do in the middle. Give him a break.
Handy late goal. :)

Hamling looks OK as a fwd, I'd keep him there, let W. Edwards, Snell et al develop down back. With Buller out we really don't have another tall fwd, other than the very green Green.

The lot of the small fwd; Lugsdin deservedly got coaches votes last week, just a handful of possies today and no score.
Plenty of small fwds out there for us today.
Moi Moi the best of them IMO, glimpses from Konstanty & Smit.

Liked Cleary's game. He's just smooth.
Speaking of which Campbell's left foot is smoothness personified.
Campbel's long handballing was on song today as well.

Be handy if we could make finals in the reserves.
Currently in a logjam for the last two spots.
Obviously on track in the seniors and ideally we'd have all our players playing games come finals time.

He is a pure inside who feeds the ball out to outside mids?

He is also a terrific kick. If anything Cleary needs to be a touch more selfish. He really seems to love bringing others into it. Was vital in this role with the Allies in 2023.

Just an admirable youngster and a classicBlood in the making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don' look at the stats until you've watched the replay.

Last edited:
Only saw bits and pieces today, but Kirk really has been a surprise packet for me this year. I wasn't super impressed with his showings as an Academy kid, he was alright but didn't scream "draftable" even in his overage year. But this year things have really clicked, despite a disrupted year. He's tough like his dad but he's also shown some great footy nous and good skills.

Still not sure if he'll make it or not, but he's got a real shot which I didn't think I'd be saying this time last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back