Competitions Sure thing - Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Select a team to win, margin and a prediction for a 'headline' about the game. That last bit sounds ambiguous but it just needs to be referring to an event that happens in the game, you don't have to spice it up like traditional news headlines as it can be any type of event AS LONG AS IT IS TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS ON THE FIELD. Your post needs to be submitted 5 minutes before each game starts, any posts later than that (Example 2:08 for a 2:10 game) will not be counted.
POINT AWARDING SYSTEM BELOW

Select the winning team - 3 points
Select the winning team AND correct margin - 25 points
Select the winning team BUT incorrect margin - 3 points

The awarding of points to the headlines will be done as follows. I'll be judging them myself and awarding on a basis of 2-4-8-16 points. Saying something like 'Hogan kicks at least one' is very likely so you'll be on the lower end of the scale at 2 points, saying something like 'Petracca kicks 5+' will be 16 points as that is a pretty outlandish one.

This will be running all year and I will be doing my best to have it up within 5 days of each game, sorry it was late this week but had a lot of stuff to do IRL. I will go through each thread after the game and quote all posts that earned points, post a leaderboard then post a new thread for the game in the next week. I will also be entering this competition myself but won't be eligible to win.

CURRENT LEADERBOARD

Sam Holland 11pt
DeesFanTheMan 7pt
stretcharmstrong 7pt
Guy Threepwood 6pt
Toump Ass 6pt
harry000 6pt
schmuttt 3pt
Proper Gander 3pt
Gysberts2Bate 3pt
KickLongTackleHard 3pt
Canary 3pt
Tempy Tiger
PerfectFooty 3pt
TheDarkDwarf 3pt
Sellout Scully 3pt
LeverPuller 3pt
Tulip 3pt
CTHORANGE 3pt
Demonkings 3pt
Demon 16 3pt
astrodee 3pt

Any questions feel free to put them in below!

My predictions:
Winner - North
Margin - 3pt
Headline: Ziebell 3+ goals

Dees

4 points

Arm wrestle early as we struggle to put away chances, followed by the Roos kicking away before HT. We fight the whole second half to take the lead and finally do it late in the game. We’re ecstatic to finally beat North but worried about the brand of football we’re playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roos by 13

Goody plays Frost as a forward / ruck and he gets 3 disposals for the day.

Gets dropped for JKH/Tim Smith/ some other random who has a decent day at Casey

Dees by 21, Kent hits the after burners and kicks 3 sausage rolls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back