Opinion Things you'll do this weekend when we have the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Big day. I’m going to make a paella valenciana only with rabbit instead of chicken because Kent reminded me I haven’t done that in a while, and I’m going to watch a bit of Barchester Chronicles and I’m going to do some more work on my picture of city market produce stalls to make it look less like there is rhubarb and pumpkins floating in negative space.

Going to watch some DEATH METALLLLL tonight to get form to make some noise on Wednesday
I've been on a rampage listening to metal recently.
DJ Fist in the Face of God's Midnight Madness radio show and Painkiller Kim's BORN FOR BURNING both getting a smashing.
ELECTRIC WARRIORS is another one I loved.

My son is mostly into classic metal though, so mostly going through Ronnie James Dio's archives right now 🤘🤘🤘

Big day. I’m going to make a paella valenciana only with rabbit instead of chicken because Kent reminded me I haven’t done that in a while, and I’m going to watch a bit of Barchester Chronicles and I’m going to do some more work on my picture of city market produce stalls to make it look less like there is rhubarb and pumpkins floating in negative space.
Happy to kent-ribute

🥁

I've been on a rampage listening to metal recently.
DJ Fist in the Face of God's Midnight Madness radio show and Painkiller Kim's BORN FOR BURNING both getting a smashing.
ELECTRIC WARRIORS is another one I loved.

My son is mostly into classic metal though, so mostly going through Ronnie James Dio's archives right now 🤘🤘🤘
I've never listened to a lot of Dio's stuff outside his main hits. Should give it a bash. Been through a lot of old Sabbath and Iron Maiden recently

Gonna try figure out how to use a VHS, got given a box of about 50 which apparently have a few games taped on there
Put the tape in and rewind it before you press play, takes longer to rewind watching it than not.

That makes perfect sense to anyone over 30 and no sense at all to you probably 😅

I've never listened to a lot of Dio's stuff outside his main hits. Should give it a bash. Been through a lot of old Sabbath and Iron Maiden recently
* yeah, I've went through a Sabbath binge recently as well. So good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad we didn't play this wknd. Was so disgusted after our last game. Happy to have a break tbh. Although that s* performance sits in your guts for a bit long. We better smash Richmond to make up for that s*!

Put the tape in and rewind it before you press play, takes longer to rewind watching it than not.

That makes perfect sense to anyone over 30 and no sense at all to you probably 😅
Got through the first couple and yeah rewinding takes ages
Gonna attempt some digitising?
I'll give it a go, don't really know where to start though. I assume something with the fact there's input and output on the back of the player?

Could be the '64 replay we've all been waiting for! :eyes:
Mister would be proud
Record Store Day! Bought a stack of overpriced vinyl \m/\m/
@ Gather round I went to a few stores and got a bunch, really good value.
Also picked up the original 1972 Theme song on vinyl.

I'll give it a go, don't really know where to start though. I assume something with the fact there's input and output on the back of the player?

Mister would be proud

I run an online vinyl business. Couldn't get my hands on all the RSD vinyl today, so went and supported a local store in Melb. How were the record stores in Adelaide? Any good?

I run an online vinyl business. Couldn't get my hands on all the RSD vinyl today, so went and supported a local store in Melb. How were the record stores in Adelaide? Any good?
What's RSD?

Pretty good, probably the place I spent the most money, lots of local artists but also some rare hip-hop/rap vinyl I was after.

Unrelated but the Adelaide Market was pretty cool too

What's RSD?

Pretty good, probably the place I spent the most money, lots of local artists but also some rare hip-hop/rap vinyl I was after.

Unrelated but the Adelaide Market was pretty cool too
Record Store Day

Next time I'm in Adelaide I'll have to seek out a few independent record stores. Nothing better.

Mister would be proud

Because i stream the video games on stuff on twitch, i have a capture card. Plus being older games like nintendo 64 era i got a nice little converter so i can hook it up to the HDMI capture card. Anyways being peak lazy i just hooked up my VHS player to it one day then played tapes and recorded it through the capture card to my pc lol

Gonna try figure out how to use a VHS, got given a box of about 50 which apparently have a few games taped on there
VHS is the best.
I did some vhs tape dubbing this week. Copying some tapes I sold.

I run an online vinyl business.
For real, that’s cool.
I flip records on Discogs a little bit. Easy money.

VHS is the best.
I did some vhs tape dubbing this week. Copying some tapes I sold.

For real, that’s cool.
I flip records on Discogs a little bit. Easy money.
I've sold a few on Discogs. Don't tend to sell on there unless someone is willing to overpay for something. I sold a vinyl for $550 recently as a chick in the states wanted a rare pressing i had of a band she likes. Couldn't resist. Vinyl is ridiculous these days, but it's a vice i have. Can't help myself.

I've sold a few on Discogs. Don't tend to sell on there unless someone is willing to overpay for something. I sold a vinyl for $550 recently as a chick in the states wanted a rare pressing i had of a band she likes. Couldn't resist. Vinyl is ridiculous these days, but it's a vice i have. Can't help myself.
I used to buy all my new stuff from the UK, post-covid shipping just became way too much (or maybe I just didn't notice it before). Definitely feels a lot more expensive than it was anyway.

I still buy pieces here and there but a little while back I counted over 5,000 records in my house, it's just too much. Mind you, hard to resist when I stumble onto a good deal still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back