Discussion Sir Doug Nicholls Round 2024 (Rds 10 & 11): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone, welcome to the Sir Doug Nicholls Round thread. After the discussion and guernsey drops took place in the New Jumpers thread as it fairly standard, I have moved everything across to its own individual thread ahead of the next fortnight's games being played.

The following links are from the AFL website; it allows you to check out all the club names, guernseys, Sherrin design, and listen along to some tunes while you do so. Enjoy.

Collingwood AFL are in white shorts. Adelaide navy.
As it should be. Would have been messy with crows in white shorts - not sure why anyone dislikes.

Good work AFL

Edit: both teams in dark shorts would have been OK, but AFL were always gonna put someone in white shorts - absolutely should be pies.

Jesus.

Well, I'll happily eat my own words!
I’m under the assumption that any team who doesn’t want to wear white shorts at home would bring out a darker jumper for their home game, so they were always going to wear white shorts when the only jumper they released was a white one. I reckon if Eddie was still at the helm we’d have seen a dark and a light Indigenous jumper to avoid this exact situation, but I for one am happy to see the Crows get to wear the dark kit too, can’t imagine a clash version would’ve looked as good.

I’m under the assumption that any team who doesn’t want to wear white shorts at home would bring out a darker jumper for their home game, so they were always going to wear white shorts when the only jumper they released was a white one. I reckon if Eddie was still at the helm we’d have seen a dark and a light Indigenous jumper to avoid this exact situation, but I for one am happy to see the Crows get to wear the dark kit too, can’t imagine a clash version would’ve looked as good.

I think it's to the point where teams need to release a "home" indigenous jumper and an "away" one.

I think it's to the point where teams need to release a "home" indigenous jumper and an "away" one.
Not necessarily I don’t think. I think teams would be happy to only use the one if that’s all they needed and it’s purely be a money spinner to make every team bring out two. A lot of teams here will only end up needing one most years and would only need a second one if their opponent had a second one, like today where if the Pies had a dark design it would’ve made the Crows need to bring out a light one.

The width of Collignwoods stripes were much better than their usual this weekend. On smaller like John Noble, the side stripes typically merge into one mess on the edges, which wasn’t the case this weekend.

Is that because of the Dreamtime game?

(Side note, why isn't the Dreamtime Game during the Sir Doug Nicholls rounds?)
It is part of the rounds, but this year it’s in the 2nd Indigenous Round. Last year it was in the first one and they wore it the next week against us so maybe they want the Dreamtime game to be the first time it’s seen in a game. A bit weird they didn’t fixture THE indigenous round game in the first indigenous round

It is part of the rounds, but this year it’s in the 2nd Indigenous Round. Last year it was in the first one and they wore it the next week against us so maybe they want the Dreamtime game to be the first time it’s seen in a game. A bit weird they didn’t fixture THE indigenous round game in the first indigenous round
So will the Bombers be wearing theirs?

Edit: to answer my own question, Bombers are wearing it this week:

Last edited:
Yeah I realised that after I posted 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Brisbane jumper looked like an open heart surgery.

It was repulsive to watch.

My vote for worst jumper ever played.
Made worse by the fact the unnecessary placement of the Lion. It's like they've made the design and gone: "Ah crap, where do we put him? Just chuck him whenever no one will notice"

Richmond not wearing their indigenous jumper was disappointing, would’ve hardly made a difference in terms of clash since their home jumper is an ugly matchup against Brisbane anyway.

What’s with Charlie Dixon having iron on numbers so often?

Port's jumper looks quite impressive in play (pity about the scoreboard though!)
I was pretty big on it but yeah looks even better in play. Up against the Hawks with their design which is one of the best in the league and it might have been the best matchup this round other than Saints vs Freo.

I am shocked the Tigers went with the normal jumper, if all clubs cant wear the jumpers over the two weeks, then make it one week only.

Its become such an important two weeks, surely they could make a second jumper, or use last years design, or just wear the Dream time jumper two weeks in a row like the bombers did.

I am shocked the Tigers went with the normal jumper, if all clubs cant wear the jumpers over the two weeks, then make it one week only.

Its become such an important two weeks, surely they could make a second jumper, or use last years design, or just wear the Dream time jumper two weeks in a row like the bombers did.
Very disappointed we are the only club to not wear it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back