Discussion Round 7, 2024 (Anzac Round): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL does enforce white shirts rule on Geelong so what’s your point?

Its Collingwood’s choice at the end of the day, I think the white jumper with black shorts looks a lot better than your current one which was introduced so the front of the Jumper became a large Adidas logo when they came on board 25 years ago.
My point is, I don't expect Collingwood to adopt a white based home jumper and be forced to wear white shorts.

My point is, I don't expect Collingwood to adopt a white based home jumper and be forced to wear white shorts.
Read my post, it’s Collingwoods choice, I just think the white based with black shorts looks better than the Adidas logo jumper.

Read my post, it’s Collingwoods choice, I just think the white based with black shorts looks better than the Adidas logo jumper.
My last one here. Is it Collingwood's choice, or does AFL enforce white shorts rule. It can't be both.

anyone think the gws giants anzac jumper from last night looked like it was dirty on the orange parts of the jumper? looked really bad in execution.

It’s actually a more traditional jumper than their home jumper and it means absolutely no clash kit discussions.
The onus is on the away side to avoid a clash. Home team should not have to compromise unless the clash is completely unavoidable, however in 2024 there’s no excuse for jumper clashes apart from the big Vic clubs being exempt for their precious traditional matchups.

Collingwood, to their credit, seem to be the best at wheeling out their clash strip when it’s needed.

I think we can all agree on that point about the jumper looking good / being traditional / avoiding clashes, while still agreeing that the home side shouldn't have to acquiesce...

With jumpers yes... with shorts no.

Teams should never where white shorts against a "home" side with a white jumper (Cats, Roos, Sydney, Pies(traditional) ).

IF a team needs to wear white shorts, it should be whichever team has the white jumper, home or away.
But often you could get away with neither team wearing white shorts

The onus is on the away side to avoid a clash. Home team should not have to compromise unless the clash is completely unavoidable, however in 2024 there’s no excuse for jumper clashes apart from the big Vic clubs being exempt for their precious traditional matchups.

Collingwood, to their credit, seem to be the best at wheeling out their clash strip when it’s needed.
If a team wears a white top, but dark shorts - which one should they not clash with ?

If your shorts don't match the jumper, only the jumper should be fixed (be prepared to wear white shorts at home if thats your jumper)

If a team wears a white top, but dark shorts - which one should they not clash with ?

If your shorts don't match the jumper, only the jumper should be fixed (be prepared to wear white shorts at home if thats your jumper)
That’s probably the one compromise I can agree with. I can’t stand the archaic white shorts rules.

With jumpers yes... with shorts no.

Teams should never where white shorts against a "home" side with a white jumper (Cats, Roos, Sydney, Pies(traditional) ).

IF a team needs to wear white shorts, it should be whichever team has the white jumper, home or away.
But often you could get away with neither team wearing white shorts

haha that's what I mean. I'm in complete agreement with you!

St Kilda really should wear red against Port. Where's that stickman jumper?

(even just the red shorts would improve things!)

Yeah I feel like that’s the thing with a lot of away teams versing Port. As much as I love the iconic aesthetic of Port’s large white number panel and the uniqueness of it, if we’re strictly looking at just backs of guernseys in-game, it sometimes produces a minor clash where the away team is in a white kit (more specifically, away team having black numbers on a white background).

But I think it’s probably not so bad that it needs to be rectified and I definitely wouldn’t want to se Port go back to no number panel.

On another side note though it’s sort of why I like Port wearing their home guernsey with white shorts in some away games (e.g. vs Crows, Bulldogs, Dees) in that it provides more than enough white to create perfectly good contrast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back