Discussion Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round 2023 (Round 10 & 11): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying it’s bad, just like last years a lot more.

My point is that the evolution of these jumpers has come a long way to a point that the designs are not improvements just doing re designs every year. With the work that goes into these a yearly minimum should come in accross the league.

Sydney’s 3 to 5 years is best, but I know Geelong have 2 years now too. All clubs should follow this now and give these jumpers more than 1 year on the field. These designs deserve this!!!
Strongly disagree on this. I think every club should be doing new ones yearly, its something to look forward to and considering most clubs don't really change their home and many don't change their clash, and it's a nice "time capsule" for the year - ie I could have a easily identifiable JHF 2023 Guernsey if I so desired, rather than a could-be-JHF-could-be-Butters-could-be-whoever home Guernsey from who knows what year. I also think that having new guernseys each year draws attention to them and their stories.

If they have indeed worked it so this year every team wears them both rounds, so there is impact both weeks and every team wears them once at home, then I think they're onto a winner and have nailed the concept.

Not saying it’s bad, just like last years a lot more.

My point is that the evolution of these jumpers has come a long way to a point that the designs are not improvements just doing re designs every year. With the work that goes into these a yearly minimum should come in accross the league.

Sydney’s 3 to 5 years is best, but I know Geelong have 2 years now too. All clubs should follow this now and give these jumpers more than 1 year on the field. These designs deserve this!!!
I get what you mean. I do love though that they are getting ex-Lions back to help design them (this year Des Headland and Ash McGrath, last year Darryl White, the year before Chris Johnson) but it is weird that this year and 2 years ago we had 2 kits and last year (the Bears one and arguably our best) we only had one.

I get what you mean. I do love though that they are getting ex-Lions back to help design them (this year Des Headland and Ash McGrath, last year Darryl White, the year before Chris Johnson) but it is weird that this year and 2 years ago we had 2 kits and last year (the Bears one and arguably our best) we only had one.

I actually wonder if 2 players and 2 jumpers this year means 2 years?

It is a new manufacturer this year as well

Shame if that's the reason Darryl's jumper only got one year.

I think they needed to head to a Brisbane Lions design though as there is always a bit of grumble amongst some supporters when a Fitzroy or Bears design is used by the non included team.

press pics from GWS, carlton, brisbane, richmond, adelaide, essendon, north melbourne and melbourne. melbourne in the baby blue is absolutely gorgeous!

Hands down GWS' best guernsey yet. Numbers might be interesting to read though.

Hands down GWS' best guernsey yet. Numbers might be interesting to read though.
GWS have done some bangers, a few years ago they did one with charcoal shorts vs Brisbane (the actual kit was meh, but was cool with the charcoal)

770113_01__78876.1652070136.png
765956_01_04__26180.1621401405.jpg

GettyImages-1399696622-1.jpg

GettyImages-1320594382-1.jpg

Geelong have posted theirs on Instagram. They have the blue one posted here, and also a white version.

Interestingly there are two versions of white version modelled: one with two hoops on the shorter player, three hoops on the taller player.

Edit: stengle is also wearing a two hopped blue version.

Attachments

• CBC47BA3-B46C-497D-A1DD-ABBC4968E305.jpeg
    CBC47BA3-B46C-497D-A1DD-ABBC4968E305.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
GWS have done some bangers, a few years ago they did one with charcoal shorts vs Brisbane (the actual kit was meh, but was cool with the charcoal)

770113_01__78876.1652070136.png
765956_01_04__26180.1621401405.jpg

GettyImages-1399696622-1.jpg

GettyImages-1320594382-1.jpg
Last years was really good, similar with 2020/21's rendition. Though something about straying from the G just looks really nice with this kit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have posted theirs on Instagram. They have the blue one posted here, and also a white version.

Interestingly there are two versions of white version modelled: one with two hoops on the shorter player, three hoops on the taller player.

Edit: stengle is also wearing a two hopped blue version.

I think you will find Stengle has tucked his in a little hiding the third hoop, even the junior jumpers have 3 on the cats shop.

Mine has been ordered!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back