Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, that’s how I’ve read it. Probably won’t be stood down as these are allegations at this point and not concrete evidence like the Greenwood case. Although the club did try to bring a rapist back so Antony not being stood down isn’t surprising.

Brazil have stood him down. Just a matter of time before United also do that. Just based on the allegations.

The ones who out spent everyone and appointed managers wanted by the fans....

That doesn't make them good owners, if anything it makes them careless.

Brazil have stood him down. Just a matter of time before United also do that. Just based on the allegations.

Brazil stood him down because the investigation is in Brazil and they are just avoiding the controversy whilst they have games on.

United won't do anything unless he is actually charged with a crime which at this stage is a complete unknown.

Brazil stood him down because the investigation is in Brazil and they are just avoiding the controversy whilst they have games on.

United won't do anything unless he is actually charged with a crime which at this stage is a complete unknown.

As I understand it there are three allegations but so far no charges laid.

Cavallin alleges that Antony first attacked her on 1 June, 2022, when she was pregnant with their child and on holiday in Brazil. She claimed Antony became angry after spotting her in a nightclub he was also at, and “put her in the car, repeatedly assaulted her and threatened to throw her out of the car at high speed”. Cavallin told UOL: “He said that if I wasn’t going to be with him, I wouldn’t be with anyone … I was shaking with fear.”

A second alleged attack allegedly took place in Manchester on 15 January, 2023. According to the report, it left Cavallin needing medical attention in her room at the four-star Hyatt Regency hotel. “He punched me in the breast and my silicon [implant] flipped over,” A photograph showed what Cavallin said was a head wound she had sustained in the attack.

According to UOL’s report, a third alleged attack took place on 8 May this year when Cavallin claims the player “tried to attack her face with a glass” during an argument. While trying to defend herself, Cavallin said she had suffered a deep wound to a finger on her right hand which left the bone exposed. As she scrambled to book a flight back to Brazil to get away from the player, Cavallin wrote a message to the travel agent – provided to UOL – that said: “I need to get out of here before he kills me.”

Plus he is average so they can win some good PR without it impacting the teams performance. If it was Neymar they wouldn't have done it

The absence of him being stood down in the statement means I assume he isn’t?

Will be interesting to monitor the reporting on this one, am wondering if Ten Hag is also central to not standing him down in similar fashion to the way he was advocating for Greenwood to be reintroduced behind the scenes.

He was quickly cleared wasn't he? Although the evidence he released himself of his innocence was pretty convincing I have to say.

Very true. I didn’t realise he was cleared quickly, so that makes sense why he wasn’t dropped.

Will be interesting to monitor the reporting on this one, am wondering if Ten Hag is also central to not standing him down in similar fashion to the way he was advocating for Greenwood to be reintroduced behind the scenes.

Can't really stand down a player when they haven't been charged with anything, an accusation isn't a reason to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Troy Deeney wants to be England manager one day. This is the same bloke who was jailed for 10 months for taking part in a savage attack on a group of students outside a nightclub. Deeney was caught on CCTV as he kicked one of the victims in the head resulting in one man with a broken jaw and another requiring 20 stitches to a mouth wound. He only served 2 1/2 months then was straight back into the Watford first team, barely missing a game.

Some things have come out/leaked that discredits some of the accusations.

Allegations seem to be enough to suspend him from the squad.

"it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations"

Allegations seem to be enough to suspend him from the squad.

"it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations"

He hasn't been suspended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back