Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

If there is extended audio that exonerates Greenwood than the issue becomes one for the partner.

sweep-it-under-the-rug-bart-simpson.gif

If there is extended audio that exonerates Greenwood than the issue becomes one for the partner.

“We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online.”

Yeah, nothing fishy about that. 😂

Also, this

”The alleged victim's family participated in the process and were given the opportunity to review and correct our factual findings.”

Didn’t her father literally come out the same day as the allegations and spoke glowingly of Mason Greenwood? The same day. 😂

“We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online.”

Yes I am aware of the comments made by Arnold.

Yeah, nothing fishy about that. 😂

Also, this

”The alleged victim's family participated in the process and were given the opportunity to review and correct our factual findings.”

Didn’t her father literally come out the same day as the allegations and spoke glowingly of Mason Greenwood? The same day. 😂

All charges were dropped but there was enough in the audio to show he was a scumbag. United claim there is other evidence that exonerates him but they won't release it. Probably because it forms part of a confidential agreement with Greenwood and his girlfriend where she drops all charges in exchange for the millionaire lifestyle.

He would fit right in at a Saudi club. Like Newcastle.

Listened to a podcast this morning which suggested that United's statement was specifically worded in order not to deter other clubs from buying Greenwood. Glazernomics at works.

It also mentioned the Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafting of Jameis Winston as further evidence that the Glazers couldn't give two shuts about the case against Greenwood.

Listened to a podcast this morning which suggested that United's statement was specifically worded in order not to deter other clubs from buying Greenwood. Glazernomics at works.

Will United demand a fee for Greenwood? Antony cost £82 million with £4 million in add-ons. Greenwood is a better player than Antony.

They may just loan him out and try again next summer to add him to the squad.

Surely best for them to terminate his contract. Remove any registration of him, any reference to him on the club's website / social media etc etc. Shouldn't be too hard to agree a payout. Considering his misconduct they should be able to negotiate a reduced payout.

Loaning him is bad for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will United demand a fee for Greenwood? Antony cost £82 million with £4 million in add-ons. Greenwood is a better player than Antony.

No. They would surely be happy for anyone to take him off their hands just to get rid for good and not have to pay him out.

I don't think his contract has been terminated.

They didn't really specify that, just that they would help him find somewhere else.

Media talk over here is that he'll be loaned out this year and sold next year.

This is from the Athletic:

They debated whether to loan out or sell Greenwood, or attempt to cut ties with the 21-year-old altogether — though this would present legal challenges given the club do not consider, following the findings of an internal investigation, that they have grounds to terminate his contract. In the end, the club confirmed on Monday that they would work with the player to continue his career elsewhere and the club say they do not expect an eventuality where a loan move leads to the player representing United again in the future.

My reading is "working with the player to continue his career elsewhere" would involve United seeking a transfer fee, if anyone is willing to stump up.

This is from the Athletic:

My reading is "working with the player to continue his career elsewhere" would involve United seeking a transfer fee, if anyone is willing to stump up.

I thought the idea was they were going to pay out his contract so his contract isn't 'terminated' but fulfilled.

I don't think his contract has been terminated.

They didn't really specify that, just that they would help him find somewhere else.

Media talk over here is that he'll be loaned out this year and sold next year.
Try and bump his value up with a loan so theh can sell him next year. Would be a very United thing to do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back