Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Not officially. But it has been agreed with the club that he will delay his return to training until further notice.

Not at all, he has been given time to clear his name and sort things out whilst not being distracted with football.

He isn't being punished and is being paid.

Pretty distasteful how this one is playing out.

If the leaks from Antony are real though (which they do appear to be) it does completely rubbish the claims of one of his accusers. There's also transcripts from an alleged phone call between the accuser and Antony's agent where she states that she'd been offered money by someone in the media to say that Antony assaulted her because "people want to make money on top of that". This is crazy if true.

Alleged transcript of phone call 7/7/23 between Antony's agent and Ingrid Lana (making assault allegation from October last year):

Don't see a good reason why an alleged victim should be contacting Antony's agent 8 months down the track shortly before making an allegation against him of her own. If this is an accurate conversation it is quite disturbing.

Troy Deeney wants to be England manager one day. This is the same bloke who was jailed for 10 months for taking part in a savage attack on a group of students outside a nightclub. Deeney was caught on CCTV as he kicked one of the victims in the head resulting in one man with a broken jaw and another requiring 20 stitches to a mouth wound. He only served 2 1/2 months then was straight back into the Watford first team, barely missing a game.

Relevance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to know which is the one who was PL player in the 90s and is now a manager.

I thought the use of "boss" could suggest that they aren't necessarily the manager, could be another high up position within a club.

Off the top of my head I'm struggling to think of a current EPL manager who fits the criteria, most of them never played in the league.

Interesting to know which is the one who was PL player in the 90s and is now a manager.
Alleged and investigating are key words. Why ruin someone who may be innocent? This is the easiest way to destroy someone. Allege something and because they're under investigation their life should come to a halt and be destroyed?

On the contrary, if they are indeed guilty. Throw the book at them and then some. And yes if they are well then their lives should come to a halt immediately and destroyed. But how many innocent people has this happened to who aren't? It's a tricky situation for sure.

And to be clear, I despise sexual predators and criminals in general. But I also despise those that cry wolf and try to cash in off it.

'' A court has heard ''

so someone has accused him of this and it must be true? A professional high profiled footballer could be this stupid? In this day and age. Hmmmn. Well a predator is a predator no matter what. I don't believe it however.

Athletes and the rich and most targeted.

And yes, atheletes and the rich are also guilty and offend. No discrimination. I'm very sceptical however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back