AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v Brisbane
Friday 14 October
7:30pm EST/8:00pm CDT
Metricon Stadium

A strong last quarter got the job done for the girls against the Dockers, while accurate kicking gave Brisbane the win over North Melbourne.

This is going to be one of the games of the season, as the sides face each other at Metricon for the first time since the 2017 Grand Final. The winner will be in the box seat to take the minor premiership. Who will get the win?

Last edited:
Adelaide v Brisbane
Friday 14 October
7:30pm EST/8:00pm CDT
Metricon Stadium

A strong last quarter got the job done for the girls against the Dockers, while accurate kicking gave Brisbane the win over North Melbourne.

This is going to be one of the games of the season, as the sides face each other at Metricon for the first time since the 2017 Grand Final. The winner will be in the box seat to take the minor premiership. Who will get the win?
This is a game where our inaccuracy in front of goal could be a factor. Against the Lions we have to take all our chances Tor they’ll most likely beat us. Clean that up and we’re a big show

Any reason this is on the Gold Coast and not Brisbane?
‘Gabba in cricket mode now Lions will probably play mainly at Metricon until the EKA gets redeveloped

Last edited:

IN: Button, Jones, Kelly

OUT: Tonon, Kustermann, Whiteley

Simmons is still in the team.
Simmons kept her spot, an absolute joke 😂 her trying to defend one of their talls in Wardlaw, Davidson or Smith is going to be hilarious

Simmons kept her spot, an absolute joke 😂 her trying to defend one of their talls in Wardlaw, Davidson or Smith is going to be hilarious
Surely there has to be some strengths in Simmons that Clarke is seeing. I don’t know what her strengths are, but surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Clive isn't back in. Or was her suspension longer than 1 game?

No, only one match. I agree, with Whiteley out and none of the ins playing forward, it does leave us a bit light on in front of goal. Maybe it's an indication we're planning to go with Randall up forward a bit more? Beyond them it's just Woodland and Ponter, and I guess Munyard. Perhaps they'll ruck McKinnon for most of the match and leave Gould up there.

Or maybe they're finally going to try Simmons at full forward to see if she can actually contribute there?

No, only one match. I agree, with Whiteley out and none of the ins playing forward, it does leave us a bit light on in front of goal. Maybe it's an indication we're planning to go with Randall up forward a bit more? Beyond them it's just Woodland and Ponter, and I guess Munyard. Perhaps they'll ruck McKinnon for most of the match and leave Gould up there.

Or maybe they're finally going to try Simmons at full forward to see if she can actually contribute there?
Yeah who knows? Such a tall forward line with any of those options.

Last edited:

We have the tall's, the way we bomb it in we need crumbers like Jess.

You’d think the AFL media would make a bigger deal about a top of the table clash between the 2 best teams in the comps history on a Friday night under lights.

Na, Daisy Pearce and Tayla aren’t playing so who cares.

The AFL media doesn't really care about AFLW at all. But the AFLW media have very much talked this up as the clear game of the round.

You’d think the AFL media would make a bigger deal about a top of the table clash between the 2 best teams in the comps history on a Friday night under lights.

Na, Daisy Pearce and Tayla aren’t playing so who cares.
Arguably

Adelaide's obviously the best.

But whether you go with Brisbane or Melbourne is a matter of opinion.

And imo, I'd say Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back