Preview Preliminary Final v Brisbane Lions Friday night at Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, will be our toughest match of the year I think. Brisbane (and Melbourne) both seem to have our measure this year, so if we lose I'd prefer them to go all the way.
Hopefully we can cause an upset.

It would take a massive effort if we can cause an upset next week. A taxing game yesterday, short turn around for the next game, and having to fly interstate. Would go down as one of our greatest wins if we can somehow pull it off.

Good news is that we get a rested up Randall, without any eye/nose/chest/head niggles and we can expect her to bulldoze some opponents to make up for her AFL 1-week ban for tripping over her shoelace.

It would take a massive effort if we can cause an upset next week. A taxing game yesterday, short turn around for the next game, and having to fly interstate. Would go down as one of our greatest wins if we can somehow pull it off.

Good news is that we get a rested up Randall, without any eye/nose/chest/head niggles and we can expect her to bulldoze some opponents to make up for her AFL 1-week ban for tripping over her shoelace.
Also, thankfully, no injuries from that debacle yesterday!

Also, thankfully, no injuries from that debacle yesterday!
Lets wait until Thursday before we count our chickens.

Never rule the AFL out from pulling another stunt.

So tell me everyones.

Will Chelsea play? If so the AFL might have done us a favour, which would be much to its horror and equivalent to shooting itself in the foot, by forcing her to have a nice rest up. She'll go into the game fresh, and niggly injuries will have had time to get that little bit better.

Expecting a monster game from her...as usual.

So tell me everyones.

Will Chelsea play? If so the AFL might have done us a favour, which would be much to its horror and equivalent to shooting itself in the foot, by forcing her to have a nice rest up. She'll go into the game fresh, and niggly injuries will have had time to get that little bit better.

Expecting a monster game from her...as usual.

Assuming she doesn't do an injury at training, yes. The first final was a Friday so it will have been 14 days by the preliminary, so no issues with the 12 day rest. The club certainly expects she will play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week they said McKinnon was not left out due to form, but due to the weather and the ground. Now, the ground was Unley Oval where we've played all year, so really it had to be the heavy rain.

Tomorrow night Brisbane is set to be 20 degrees with 0% chance of rain. Same argument can't apply this time.

McKinnon would be starting to feel like she's cursed when it comes to finals. Port just delisted one of their only two rucks, I can't help but wonder if she might look over there and think, hell, guaranteed spot every week if I jump ship? Not that she would likely be playing in any more finals over there for a few years at least...

Last week they said McKinnon was not left out due to form, but due to the weather and the ground. Now, the ground was Unley Oval where we've played all year, so really it had to be the heavy rain.

Tomorrow night Brisbane is set to be 20 degrees with 0% chance of rain. Same argument can't apply this time.

McKinnon would be starting to feel like she's cursed when it comes to finals. Port just delisted one of their only two rucks, I can't help but wonder if she might look over there and think, hell, guaranteed spot every week if I jump ship? Not that she would likely be playing in any more finals over there for a few years at least...
I certainly hope not, I'd rather lose Woodland and play Mckinnon at FF and rucking when Gould has a rest. She is one in our team that can take a contested mark. And I do like Woodland, I just like Mckinnon more.

I certainly hope not, I'd rather lose Woodland and play Mckinnon at FF and rucking when Gould has a rest. She is one in our team that can take a contested mark. And I do like Woodland, I just like Mckinnon more.
McKinnon can't kick and would not trust her 20m with no angle. She's better around the ground away from goals.

She's primarily useful in the back half of the ground, either dropping back into the goal square, or else being used as a get-out option when exiting defence.

Maybe with Prowse playing back there they see less need for this now? But Clarke was adamant last week that it wasn't based on form and that McKinnon was playing really well, so who knows?

My point is we need to find a spot that isn't in the emergencies list, she is too good not to be playing

Seems like we spent all season saying the same about Prowse, and then as soon as she cements a spot we chuck McKinnon into the spot.

I could stomach it if we were having a season like the last one or 2019 where everything was firing on all cylinders, but there are too many aspects of our side not working well at the moment to leave genuine talent on the emergency list.

Last edited:
McKinnon can't kick and would not trust her 20m with no angle. She's better around the ground away from goals.
There have been players in our side this year that could barely even handball or stand in the right position.

McKinnon's omission is a joke

My point is we need to find a spot that isn't in the emergencies list, she is too good not to be playing
Oh yeh, for sure. She is pretty good in the ruck and around the ground, whether that be marking or creating a contest. Would rather her in the team. I felt like they left Rajcic in because it's her 50th? And if they win, they probably wouldn't omit her either, which is disappointing because she hasn't done anything to deserve that last spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back