Review AFLW QF - Adelaide v Brisbane. Saturday 11 November @ Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Their coach did nothing to get us to drop sitters and hand the ball to them on a platter.

They played scared football like they had lost the game before the first bounce.
Yes that’s true, but those goals they kicked late in the 3rd and the start of the 4th was from that superior speed and spread that they’ve always troubled the Crows with.

You can point to the fumbles, dropped marks and missed chances but what will disappoint them most is that they were outdone by a better team effort, Brisbane had no standout contributor today they were a group of total even contributors it wasn’t an Anderson or Conway grabbing hold of them like they have in the past, where as the numbers are bleak for the Crows; Newman, Kelly & Charlton could hardly get near it for most of the game.

Less said about Thompson, Bonner and Munyard the better, Thompson is not a first 21 player anymore, if there was any accountability in this team she would not be seen again this season.

Yes that’s true, but those goals they kicked late in the 3rd and the start of the 4th was from that superior speed and spread that they’ve always troubled the Crows with.

You can point to the fumbles, dropped marks and missed chances but what will disappoint them most is that they were outdone by a better team effort, Brisbane had no standout contributor today they were a group of total even contributors it wasn’t an Anderson or Conway grabbing hold of them like they have in the past, where as the numbers are bleak for the Crows Newman, Kelly & Charlton could hardly get near it for most of the game.

Less said about Thompson, Bonner and Munyard the better, Thompson is not a first 21 player anymore, if there was any accountability in this team she should not be seen again this season.
Thompson had that goal saving tackle. Allen was much worse than Thompson, and slower.

Less said about Thompson, Bonner and Munyard the better, Thompson is not a first 21 player anymore, if there was any accountability in this team she would not be seen again this season.
I actually thought it was Thompson's best game of the season. She was alright. Munyard mostly irrelevant, Bonner an active disadvantage to the team.

I actually thought it was Thompson's best game of the season. She was alright. Munyard mostly irrelevant, Bonner an active disadvantage to the team.
She was awful, I don’t want to “at the game you see” but her decision making is just plain awful the 3rd quarter especially, can not hit a target more than 2 metres away

Jones is a pure footballer, and quick off the mark. She's way ahead of anyone else in the team.

As for the rest, good attitudes, but lacking badly in the skills department and unbelievably slow, apart from Kelly.
We badly need to recruit speed. Maybe we should import some Blondes from Brisbane?

Jones is a pure footballer, and quick off the mark. She's way ahead of anyone else in the team.

As for the rest, good attitudes, but lacking badly in the skills department and unbelievably slow, apart from Kelly.
We badly need to recruit speed. Maybe we should import some Blondes from Brisbane?
There’s something in the water in Queensland, most of the superior athletic sporting women in the country all come from there.

Yep. It's always been "highest-placed finisher" as in the position the teams finish in at the end of the H&A season.

That’s what I said
Is it? I thought you said something about it depending on what happens with Brisbane in the PF, but that's irrelevant.

Yep. It's always been "highest-placed finisher" as in the position the teams finish in at the end of the H&A season.

Is it? I thought you said something about it depending on what happens with Brisbane in the PF, but that's irrelevant.
Yuck, I’d trust the Crows more at Ikon or Marvel than at Norwood, that Oval just weirdly does not suit the team’s gameplan of how they want to switch across the ground to change angles and keep width across the field, plus Norwood Oval blows, it just does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didn't get to watch the game as was at work, and just watched the highlights

in that short video, it pretty much confirmed my suspicion that Dakota Davidson is a flog
Lol it's funny you say that.
My wife said she looks like a real bitch, I said she doesn't seem so bad.
Why do you think that?

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

Lol it's funny you say that.
My wife said she looks like a real bitch, I said she doesn't seem so bad.
Why do you think that?

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk
She's the type of player that gets in your face a lot. She said something to EJ and got right into her face after EJ didn't take that pack mark in D50 and it led to a Brisbane goal. EJ was obviously annoyed and said something to the umpire. Last week, a Melbourne player copped a hit from Dakota in a pack situation and was very distressed/hurt/crying. Her teammates were around her and Dakota went to ask something. To me, it seemed like she was asking about what's the hold up or what the problem was. Whatever she said did not come across as caring or of someone who is concerned about the player on the ground, because the Melbourne teammate angrily told her to go away. Dakota brushed it off and walked off like whatever.

She's like our version of Jess Waterhouse who is a pest and likes to get in your face just to annoy you. If I supported Brisbane, I'd probably be a fan, because she is a good player, but since I don't, she's the type of player that just annoys me.

Last edited:
I only saw the 1st half and was surprised we were in front at the half as I thought Brisbane were playing better than us.
But we got done by 2 points. Not 119--2. Any game under a goal could have gone either way. The comments on here feel more like what I'd expect if it had been 119.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I only saw the 1st half and was surprised we were in front at the half as I thought Brisbane were playing better than us.
But we got done by 2 points. Not 119--2. Any game under a goal could have gone either way. The comments on here feel more like what I'd expect if it had been 119.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed. Last season Brisbane and Melbourne were in a different stratosphere to us. This season we're up there with both of them. I actually think we're still as big a chance as anyone to take out the flag. Melbourne are struggling a bit in their match at the moment, and we could easily have won yesterday with several players well out of form.

Hopefully yesterday's loss is the slap in the face we need to wake up and hit our stride.

Looking like grand final path goes through North instead of Melbourne which could be a stroke of luck for us. North are a good side but I feel more confident playing them in an away prelim (assuming we don’t crumble against the Swans).

Looking like grand final path goes through North instead of Melbourne which could be a stroke of luck for us. North are a good side but I feel more confident playing them in an away prelim (assuming we don’t crumble against the Swans).

North played phenomenally well today. Hopefully the fortnight off will disrupt their momentum.

Agreed. Last season Brisbane and Melbourne were in a different stratosphere to us. This season we're up there with both of them. I actually think we're still as big a chance as anyone to take out the flag. Melbourne are struggling a bit in their match at the moment, and we could easily have won yesterday with several players well out of form.

Hopefully yesterday's loss is the slap in the face we need to wake up and hit our stride.

This! The girls need a rocket under them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back