Women's Footy Season 7 - Pre-season - trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda feel like that secret strategy story in the West was actually on the money. Obviously gotta see how they play out at aflw level but attributes-wise, these are some great picks with a hell of a lot of upside.

Damn WC to eternal hell for drafting Western, though, the campaigners.

You guys may be interested in this

angry jim carrey GIF

I heard that Scanlon was offered a contract 2 weeks ago when Smith, Goranova and Bartlet joined as over age recruits. She supposedly knocked us back. Speculation is that she did not like the ban the Eagles put on draftees not being able to play in the GF plus was confident Freo wanted her.

She has had a great year at Clayton is a great leader at the club. Played more midfield in the last 2 games and is a great get.

Well done to you and good on Maddie sticking it up yo our stupid ruling. This issue hopefully gets reversed before Saturday.

You guys may be interested in this

Hmm very interesting, how can we abuse this loophole??

Get someone to nominate for the SA draft and tell them to let the clubs know that they won't be moving to SA but are willing to FIFO the season? They o unpicked and we can then secure them as a topup pick?

Basically the same thing that Duffy would have done if she has nommed for the WA draft but is going to be available to the Dees

Surprised that West Coast stole Western from us

I guess she was one of the next in line considering that she got a gig for a game last year and was a train on but I thought that might've been influenced by Joel, wonder why West Coast didn't take her as a mature pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how is it we lost Houghton and Caine and still ended up with so many picks behind WC?
Teams were supposed to keep their first pick if they lost enough players to expansion teams

We lost enough players so kept our first (some teams didn't even get a first rounder)

West Coast lost noone yet they still kept their first AND they got priority picks lol

They brought in a rule where the top 10 picks were untouchable making it impossible for us to trade up ahead of WCE for Roberts which we 100% would have attempted

West Coast did then proceed to lose like 4 of their top 10 players, for draft picks which just pushed us further down in the WA draft compared to them, they deserved to lose those players considering they got the free priority picks but they basically ended up getting compensated for them twice (through trade and priority)

Teams were supposed to keep their first pick if they lost enough players to expansion teams

We lost enough players so kept our first (some teams didn't even get a first rounder)

West Coast lost noone yet they still kept their first AND they got priority picks lol

They brought in a rule where the top 10 picks were untouchable making it impossible for us to trade up ahead of WCE for Roberts which we 100% would have attempted

West Coast did then proceed to lose like 4 of their top 10 players, for draft picks which just pushed us further down in the WA draft compared to them, they deserved to lose those players considering they got the free priority picks but they basically ended up getting compensated for them twice (through trade and priority)
Damn... so the fix was in the whole time.

Compensation picks for being s**t have always been absolute garbage. Just punishes good teams that never needed them in the first place.

Damn... so the fix was in the whole time.

Compensation picks for being s**t have always been absolute garbage. Just punishes good teams that never needed them in the first place.
TBH they need the compo picks, just sucks that them getting compo directly affects us and no other teams

Vic draft pool was atleast hurt by multiple expansion teams again so they feel the pinch, Crows draft pool was hurt by Port

WCE also got to pick up mature players before the draft so that in effect pushed our picks down even more (altho as posted by someone earlier apparently our top pick turned them down in the hopes of Freo drafting her, which worked out well for us)

Time to stop complaining about the system and WCE!

As always we've drafted well with players to develop and players who we will see sooner than later ( and Orlagh!) Plus Nikki Gore who was best 22 for Adelaide

Yep we will will miss Steph Cain and i wish Ashley Sharp and Mikaila Morrison were ready to go but what great inclusions for next season

If Amy and Roxy connect we will have a great young forward line. Phillip Seth is a best 22 who we had targeted to be midfield last season. Back line is solid

yeah theres a lots of ifs and buts and fears of injuries but at the end of that day Im excited

yes the glass is half full and i'm loving what i'm drinking from it!

Re Duffy to Melbourne. She’s has a s**t of a past 12 months, maybe she just needs to get out of WA to get a fresh start. Like Houghton - one of the main reasons she moved across to Port was to get away from some issues she was dealing with in Perth, and moving interstate (probably on decent coin too) was a way for her to deal with it. There’s always more to a story than meets the eye, people are dealing with all sorts of stuff that others don’t know about.

Re Duffy to Melbourne. She’s has a s**t of a past 12 months, maybe she just needs to get out of WA to get a fresh start. Like Houghton - one of the main reasons she moved across to Port was to get away from some issues she was dealing with in Perth, and moving interstate (probably on decent coin too) was a way for her to deal with it. There’s always more to a story than meets the eye, people are dealing with all sorts of stuff that others don’t know about.
I’m ok with Duffy wanting to change states. I did something similar 15 years ago.

What I don’t like, is that Duffy could have asked for a trade to Melbourne.

The way this has occurred is pretty underhanded and lacks credibility.

AFLW should block this move for the integrity of the league but we all know they won’t.

I’m ok with Duffy wanting to change states. I did something similar 15 years ago.

AFLW should block this move for the integrity of the league but we all know they won’t.
They would block it if it was the reverse

Fair call, I don’t disagree with your points. But I guess again - people are dealing with all sorts of stuff that others don’t know about. Sabreena is a person pretty high up the integrity scale, and I doubt she would have done this to screw Freo. But it certainly seems weird that’s for sure.

Fair call, I don’t disagree with your points. But I guess again - people are dealing with all sorts of stuff that others don’t know about. Sabreena is a person pretty high up the integrity scale, and I doubt she would have done this to screw Freo. But it certainly seems weird that’s for sure.
Maybe it was a late change of mind or a new development in her life.

If you read her social media statement, it never said retire from AFLW. She said that she won’t longer be playing for Fremantle.

Still I don’t believe that the AFLW should let this happen because of the massive loophole that this would create.

Maybe it was a late change of mind or a new development in her life.

If you read her social media statement, it never said retire from AFLW. She said that she won’t longer be playing for Fremantle.

Still I don’t believe that the AFLW should let this matter because of the massive loophole that this would create.
Agree

Stoked for Maddie
She’s a good friend of my oldest son

I’ve taken them both surfing since they were little kids

She is a fantastic young lady and a real achiever
I haven’t seen much of her footy unfortunately but she excels at most things she tries so I reckon she’ll be an asset to the club

Glad she didn’t go to the dark side 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back