2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Davies has a competitive streak and will do ok if he gets a game , please not Hughes again

Davies suffers the same cat 10 critical error that Hughes does. About 2 weeks ago he received the ball in open space in the back 50, went one then the other, got himself in a twist and was tackled holding the ball.

You can undo a whole match of intercept marks and good one on one play with a single moment.

I rate Davies, but until he drops the critical errors I’m not confident bringing him into the afl side. I’d prefer Worner and play a bit smaller.

Davies suffers the same cat 10 critical error that Hughes does. About 2 weeks ago he received the ball in open space in the back 50, went one then the other, got himself in a twist and was tackled holding the ball.

You can undo a whole match of intercept marks and good one on one play with a single moment.

I rate Davies, but until he drops the critical errors I’m not confident bringing him into the afl side. I’d prefer Worner and play a bit smaller.
On replay he was trying to position himself to be able to handball to the only outlet player he had available who was behind him. He managed it except he missed the ball with his hand.

I would of gave him or even travis Coyler another season on the dockers list in 2024 as depth. both were outside players anyway. Both would of been handy depth as C graders.

I occasionally scratch my head in the past on players we delisted. Like in 2021, we got rid of both Tobe Watson and Taylin Duman. I wouldof kept one as depth. We kept Joel Hamling but delisted him a year or 2 later.

Another suprise was back in 2016. Got rid of Barlow, De Boer, Clancee Pearce, Nick Suban and Tendai Mzungu.

getting rid of Barlow for me looking back was down right stupid. I rather of kept him for one more year. He would been a free agent in 2017 too. So at worst, we would of got a compo pick back.

I would of kept Clancee Pearce and Matt De Boer for one more season too.... but thats my personal opinion.
Barlow and deboar should have been kept.
All the others were on the decline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's more likely they have issues arise at main training on the Wednesday, which occurs after the injury list is recorded.
Nah, sometimes sure but Tabs back has kept him out the last two weeks but they didn’t need to report with no Peel last week and they didn’t report it on Tuesday because he didn’t play.

They do it all the time and basically use the Tuesday injury report to update everyone on the obvious ones from the weekend or existing injuries

Nah, sometimes sure but Tabs back has kept him out the last two weeks but they didn’t need to report with no Peel last week and they didn’t report it on Tuesday because he didn’t play.

They do it all the time and basically use the Tuesday injury report to update everyone on the obvious ones from the weekend or existing injuries
It might not even be an injury though. If Tabs is having back spasms occasionally, it isn't an injury, but it isn't allowing him to play either.

Same with O'Driscoll, he's not exactly injured, but that knee is continuing to bother him.

Soreness/illness also keeps players out and they're not injuries either. Thus, not being listed on the injury list, as you've said, doesn't mean they're right to go.

It might not even be an injury though. If Tabs is having back spasms occasionally, it isn't an injury, but it isn't allowing him to play either.

Same with O'Driscoll, he's not exactly injured, but that knee is continuing to bother him.

Soreness/illness also keeps players out and they're not injuries either. Thus, not being listed on the injury list, as you've said, doesn't mean they're right to go.
Tabs was reported as being sore early in the week. It’s an injury and should be listed as a test. They lie in these things often, not every injury but enough it’s annoying.

Really annoyed about Stanley, desperate to see him develop and start demanding a spot in the side.
I'll be gutted if we cut him or lose him end of the year. There is a very good AFL player there that just cant get a run at it. Seems to pick up a small niggle every month

I'll be gutted if we cut him or lose him end of the year. There is a very good AFL player there that just cant get a run at it. Seems to pick up a small niggle every month
Why would we cut him. He has shown plenty. Jumped ahead of NOD who is going backwards.

For all we know illness could be the culprit. There has been a fair bit of that going around.

Why would we cut him. He has shown plenty. Jumped ahead of NOD who is going backwards.

For all we know illness could be the culprit. There has been a fair bit of that going around.
He's an uncontracted MSD pick up, crazier things have happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Back