Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - West Coast Wonders vs Baghdad Bombers at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, hi there Wonders.

Looks like you are under a bit of pressure this week, every other team has managed to beat us ... imagine the shame if you don't.

Anyway, our team is in crisis talks about the continued tenure of Pugsley at the top of the sand hill. You may need to look away at times, we are not exactly shy about airing our dirty laundry in public. With the lack of water at Abdu, the laundry is filthy even after it has been washed.

Hi Mr Kilroy (& All Bombardiers0
I appologise in advance that I won't be around for your Friday nights Radio Show as I have a funeral irl that afternoon and I won't be up for it. (the below will not interfere with your transmission)
You popped in to round 4 when we were playing the Wonder Rookies favourite music game against the Royals and saw what we were up to. We got slammed a bit for playing a music game and everyone said 'we are not the Bombers thread' and 'save it for the bomers match' So we have been waiting till now to give it another spin. If you and your Bombardiers want to play we would love it.
Us Wonders Rookies Cubs2Lions BFew BigChippa52 would love to invite you all to partake and we may even get the Music Maestro himself 3KZ is Football popping in to lend an ears worthy tune or two if he has the time.
Everyone can play and it goes on as it goes and it goes like this:

Music Comp. Juke Box Jiggle Baddoink
View attachment 1954796

Game #2 The Theme; Spaces & Places

What, How & Rules Stuff

Themed tagging of songs forming a chain where no two songs are repeated and the song relates to the theme.
You must tag off the previous song to keep the chain going.
Theme can be in the song title, a band name ( a one time use per player only not multiple) or ‘arguably’ the subject about the theme. Songs can't be a song repeated or it’s a Baddoink.

Baddoinks doubling up on a song and the juke box jams.
Strike one you get restricted to posting only songs from a set region of your choice UK, USA, AUST or the Rest of the World.
Strike two you get a further restriction of choosing either song title, band name or song subject only.
Strike three you are out.

Scoring
Each song scores one point unless they're double banger (theme is both band name and title) which score an extra point.
I will sum up on Friday morning for half time and the end is before the match.

Disclaimers: I don’t have mod powers so if I get it wrong let me know but apart from that I’ll try my best.
If you want to cheat and use machine generated learning then you’re less than human and the humans will know it.

You can drop in or out no problems it’s all up to you if ad when you play.
I will start it below and tag myself so you can all see how it goes.
Any questions please ask nicely.

View attachment 1954804

Below is the results of game #1
(not everyone joined at the start so the results are mixed)
Round 4 Wonders vs Royals
FINAL RESULTS
Theme Animal Adventure Jukebox

Scoreboard
Pamcake1 107 + 4 Double bangers = 111
Cubs2Lions 38 - 2 Strikes + 1 Double banger = 37
dogs-105=18
3KZ is Football 15 - 1 Strke + 3 Double bangers =17
GreyCrow =15
BigChippa52 14 - 2 Strikes + 2 Double bangers =14
Footypie32 = 4
Cadsky =1
DenieD =1
grumbleguts 6 (assisted by computer list) +3 strikes and OUT = 0

Animal Kingdom
Werewolves (Multi). Chameleon. Tiger. Panther. Leopard. Cheatah.
Racoon. Seal. Flamingo. Dragon. Platypus. Fish. Chickens. Albatross.
Snake. Senile animal. Bat (multi). Condor. Porcupine. Ants. Bird of Paaradise.
Dog (many). Rat (multi). Elephant. Weasle. Ferrets. Pigs (multi)
Cat (many). Cows (a few) Penguin. Wolves (multi). Toad. Hippo.
Fleas. Bull. Rabbit. Cicarda. Cockroaches. Owls. Ponies. Peacock.
Walrus. Buffalo (multi). Animal (general). Animal people. Beasts of Burden (Multi).
Snake. Birds (multi). Barracuda. Frogs. Muskrats. Sharks (Multi)
Sheep. Whale. Wasp. Bees (multi). Snail. Spider. Stingwray. Puppies.
Pigs. Ducks (many). Lions. Butterfly (two). Housemartins. Robins.
Lobster. Australian animals (multi). Fox. Seagulls (too many) Jelly fish.
Horses (many). Eagle. Octopus. Squirrel. Furry Animals. Turtles.
Monkey (many, many). Catfish. Doves. Scorpions. Dinosaur. Animal farms.
Skunk. Chickens. Bears. Crocodile. Petshop, Zoo (multi). Wild Life.
Mother Goose. Lampchop. Steak. Alligator. Mutts. Feathers. Skins. Claws.
(and more)
Most appearances the Monkey
Thanks Everyone For Playing In The Jingle Jungle.
So sorry you’re unavailable Friday and may the funeral go as well as can be expected.

And sorry you’ve been mislead as to our interest (or rather our lack thereof) in playing a music game. We simply don’t do song contests.

It’s not for claiming to be any better than you guys at music, we just like listening to music when ….

1712657815077.jpeg

Lets see if I’ve got this right.

Totes Grav
high five cat GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Bombers, pleased to meet you all. Look forward to playing with you. I just made a gluten free Pear Cake, fresh out of the oven and delicious, for afternoon tea. If you want to come over for a cuppa and have a piece, be my guest. Pammikins Pamcake
View attachment 1954659
Very nicely done, nearly fell for it.

What did you lace it with???

So sorry you’re unavailable Friday and may the funeral go as well as can be expected.

And sorry you’ve been mislead as to our interest (or rather our lack thereof) in playing a music game. We simply don’t do song contests.

It’s not for claiming to be any better than you guys at music, we just like listening to music when ….

View attachment 1954835
Oh, ok no probs...we did buy a new stereo for the match but if you don't want to play no worries up to you Mr Kiljoy we Wonders are an understanding mob.

851232_xl.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back