Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 17 - Baghdad Bombers v West Coast Wonders at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers Vs Wonders.jpg

Welcome to this Thursday Night battle between the Bombers and Wonders. The bottom of the table Bombers need a miracle to make the finals, while the Wonders are battling for a top 4 spot and can significantly improve their chances with a win.

The Bombers are coming off a bye and should be refreshed, while the Wonders are coming off a hard fought 22 point win just a couple of days ago against their rivals, the Demons.

Normally, the stats covered in OP's include who has scored the most goals, who boasts the better attack and defence, but today I'm going to take a different approach. I'll break down which players the coaches favour pulling off for both teams (How many times you have been benched per game this season) and which weather conditions your team prefers to play in.

I'll start with the Bombers. As we can see below, the Bombers' coach has been making plenty of moves all season, trying to find the right combination on the field to help them win. But unfortunately, despite all the pulling off of players, it hasn't worked for his team this season.

His favourite player to pull off is Kilroy, he must really enjoy his company as he has benched him in 9 of the Bombers' 13 games and sometimes multiple times during a game, for 13 all up. In one game, he pulled Kilroy off just 16 seconds into the game. Some of the Bombers' coach's other favourites to pull off are Grav and JustaBattler (9 times each) and iDon, Jabba73, and KohPhi (8 times each). The quickest benching occurred with Bovo, who was pulled off and then back on the field again in just 24 seconds, I doubt he had time to finish... his drink. The last oddity from the Bombers' bench was KohPhi playing the opening 7 minutes of the match, only to be dragged off and not return to the field of play for the rest of the match, he must have been having a very stimulating conversation with the coach that day.

On the other end of the scale, tomjoad has gotten very little love from his coach, only being pulled off just once during the season.

Bombers Bench Chart
Bombers table.png

Now onto the Wonders, whose coach prefers to do less pulling off of his players. He's pulled off fewer players than the Bombers' coach, and they have played one more game than them, but it seems to be a winning formula for his team.

His favourite player to pull off is jezzajay, who has been pulled off in 10 of the 14 games. dino_67 got pulled off 10 times in 7 matches, with a triple treat in one match. The Wonders' coach likes benching certain players multiple times a game, I guess once doesn't satisfy him sometimes, with JT_the_Man coming in for special attention having 2 triple treats. The quickest rotation was BigChippa52, who lasted 41 seconds after being pulled off before going back onto the field. jezzajay lasted a whole 90 seconds on the field in one game before being benched and not entering the field of play again, I guess a quick cameo was all that was needed from Jezza that day.

On the other end of the scale is, surprisingly, everyone's favourite Ken Doll, DenieD, who has yet to be pulled off once this season. Poor Denied must be breaking inside not getting any attention from his coach.

Wonders Bench Chart
Wonders table.png

Now onto the favoured weather conditions for both teams. The Bombers have played in all types of weather this season, with a warm sunny day happening the most often for their games. Warm games are the only times the Bombers have won, so they will be hoping for another warm sunny day, as they have lost playing in any other weather condition.

The Wonders, on the other hand, have managed to miss the poorer conditions this season, playing no games in muddy or rainy conditions. They are okay playing in the warm, but they excel under cloudy skies. With the two teams' opposite records under cloudy conditions, the Wonders will be hoping for another cloudy day and another victory.

Bombers Weather Chart
Bombers Weather.png

Wonders Weather Chart
Wonder Weather.png

Captains and LG's please put your team sheets in as soon as you can and good luck to both teams.
Pugsley & AnUltimateRessie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to this Thursday Night battle between the Bombers and Wonders. The bottom of the table Bombers need a miracle to make the finals, while the Wonders are battling for a top 4 spot and can significantly improve their chances with a win.

The Bombers are coming off a bye and should be refreshed, while the Wonders are coming off a hard fought 22 point win just a couple of days ago against their rivals, the Demons.

Normally, the stats covered in OP's include who has scored the most goals, who boasts the better attack and defence, but today I'm going to take a different approach. I'll break down which players the coaches favour pulling off for both teams (How many times you have been benched per game this season) and which weather conditions your team prefers to play in.

I'll start with the Bombers. As we can see below, the Bombers' coach has been making plenty of moves all season, trying to find the right combination on the field to help them win. But unfortunately, despite all the pulling off of players, it hasn't worked for his team this season.

His favourite player to pull off is Kilroy, he must really enjoy his company as he has benched him in 9 of the Bombers' 13 games and sometimes multiple times during a game, for 13 all up. In one game, he pulled Kilroy off just 16 seconds into the game. Some of the Bombers' coach's other favourites to pull off are Grav and JustaBattler (9 times each) and iDon, Jabba73, and KohPhi (8 times each). The quickest benching occurred with Bovo, who was pulled off and then back on the field again in just 24 seconds, I doubt he had time to finish... his drink. The last oddity from the Bombers' bench was KohPhi playing the opening 7 minutes of the match, only to be dragged off and not return to the field of play for the rest of the match, he must have been having a very stimulating conversation with the coach that day.

On the other end of the scale, tomjoad has gotten very little love from his coach, only being pulled off just once during the season.

Bombers Bench Chart
View attachment 1986643

Now onto the Wonders, whose coach prefers to do less pulling off of his players. He's pulled off fewer players than the Bombers' coach, and they have played one more game than them, but it seems to be a winning formula for his team.

His favourite player to pull off is jezzajay, who has been pulled off in 10 of the 14 games. dino_67 got pulled off 10 times in 7 matches, with a triple treat in one match. The Wonders' coach likes benching certain players multiple times a game, I guess once doesn't satisfy him sometimes, with JT_the_Man coming in for special attention having 2 triple treats. The quickest rotation was BigChippa52, who lasted 41 seconds after being pulled off before going back onto the field. jezzajay lasted a whole 90 seconds on the field in one game before being benched and not entering the field of play again, I guess a quick cameo was all that was needed from Jezza that day.

On the other end of the scale is, surprisingly, everyone's favourite Ken Doll, DenieD, who has yet to be pulled off once this season. Poor Denied must be breaking inside not getting any attention from his coach.

Wonders Bench Chart
View attachment 1986646

Now onto the favoured weather conditions for both teams. The Bombers have played in all types of weather this season, with a warm sunny day happening the most often for their games. Warm games are the only times the Bombers have won, so they will be hoping for another warm sunny day, as they have lost playing in any other weather condition.

The Wonders, on the other hand, have managed to miss the poorer conditions this season, playing no games in muddy or rainy conditions. They are okay playing in the warm, but they excel under cloudy skies. With the two teams' opposite records under cloudy conditions, the Wonders will be hoping for another cloudy day and another victory.

Bombers Weather Chart
View attachment 1986647

Wonders Weather Chart
View attachment 1986648

Captains and LG's please put your team sheets in as soon as you can and good luck to both teams.
Pugsley & AnUltimateRessie
Don’t tag JustaBattler, ffs.

Now you are going to get an angry response

Remove this Banner Ad

Back