SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a link, was sent to me, was trying to work out how to crop it.
I mean this is exactly what the AFL is trying to cut out. Leaving the ground and lining up a player who’s kicking the ball and can’t even protect himself.

Deserves a long holiday. The player has to miss 3 games just because of concussion so I think with the new rules the perpetuator deserves at least 3x that. 9 weeks for mine

I mean this is exactly what the AFL is trying to cut out. Leaving the ground and lining up a player who’s kicking the ball and can’t even protect himself.

Deserves a long holiday. The player has to miss 3 games just because of concussion so I think with the new rules the perpetuator deserves at least 3x that. 9 weeks for mine
Ultimately it is up to the tribunal but the vision isn't a good look. The player had clearly disposed of the football and the Warburton Millgrove player jumped into the Alexandra player at a fair speed and hit him late, hard and high. The Alexandra player was injured and required medical attention. Not a good look and something football is trying to 'stamp out'.

My assumption for a suspension would be probably 6 weeks and maybe a couple more depending on his history.

Last edited:
Ultimately it is up to the tribunal but the vision isn't a good look. The player had clearly disposed of the football and the Warburton Millgrove player jumped into the Alexandra player at a fair speed and hit him late, hard and high. The Alexandra player was injured and required medical attention. Not a good look and something the football is trying to 'stamp out'.

My assumption for a suspension would be probably 6 weeks and maybe a couple more depending on his history.

Hard to judge a player did similar last season and received three matches. He then appealed and got found guilty and received a reprimand allowing him to play finals.

Its anyones guess.

Hard to judge a player did similar last season and received three matches. He then appealed and got found guilty and received a reprimand allowing him to play finals.

Its anyones guess.
The concussion space is moving so quickly i think any precedent is out the window. This was a totally avoidable hit and could affect the rest of the kids life. The whole "rough them up with a bump" mentality needs to disappear.

The concussion space is moving so quickly i think any precedent is out the window. This was a totally avoidable hit and could affect the rest of the kids life. The whole "rough them up with a bump" mentality needs to disappear.

It certainly does but we also need to see some sort of consistency from above.

Its anyones guess.

IMO will also depend if the vision goes public.
League would get a please explain if the player gets off and the footage ends up on a 7News Facebook page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So misses 2 more weeks that the bloke who ended up KOed
10571z think 5 weeks is about right, most thought it would be between 4-6 weeks. The new rule of 21 days for concussion can be debated all day long, judge the action on it's merits, not that a player has to now miss 3 games due to a new rule.
If you read above, it's only his second report in a 23 year senior playing career, so might have also got the "Charlie Cameron, he is a good guy" tax as well

10571z think 5 weeks is about right, most thought it would be between 4-6 weeks. The new rule of 21 days for concussion can be debated all day long, judge the action on it's merits, not that a player has to now miss 3 games due to a new rule.
If you read above, it's only his second report in a 23 year senior playing career, so might have also got the "Charlie Cameron, he is a good guy" tax as well
I think if you’re required to sit out 21 days penalties need adjusted to reflect this.

I think if you’re required to sit out 21 days penalties need adjusted to reflect this.
10571z it's an interesting discussion for sure, so if the rule wasn't there then should this have been a 5 week suspension or is 5 weeks what it should have been.

All of a sudden, there’s a lot more to play for in Outer East league’s Premier Division this season.

The league has confirmed its top-flight division will be compressed to 10 clubs for next year — reduced from the current 12.

It effectively means three sides will be relegated at the end of this season.

Outer East league chief executive officer Brett Connell said the change was driven by the clubs.

“They just wanted an equal draw,’’ he said.

“We will still play the same amount of games obviously.

“It’s uneven this year which is not ideal but the decision was made to go from 10 to 12…and they certainly said, ‘we want to get back to 10 as soon as we possibly can’. So they’ve made that decision.

“There will be three who drop out, leaving nine, and then obviously the premier of Division 1 will be promoted up.’’

Meanwhile, there has long been speculation Narre Warren was looking to leave Outer East and join another league, possibly Southern or Eastern.

But Connell said “nothing’s been confirmed’’ in regard to clubs departing and any club looking to leave must notify the league by June 30.

So apparently the clubs asked for it...

My guess is Narre have given them an indication that they're out next year, so they're taking the opportunity to immediately reform to 2x10 divisions.

Who knows where Narre will go. They applied for the MPFNL because they didn't really have any other options.

A lot of scuttlebutt on the Southern threads that they are headed that way, making it seem like it's definitely going to happen.

The league better not lose the transfer request when it arrives like they did with Kinglake and then say they never got it 😂

Yeah you would think that's the only realistic outcome.

It’s actually mind boggling what a mess this league has become. The YVMD was fine. Now year after year uncertainty
10571z lots of very poor decisions were made which sadly has reduced the competition to what it is now. Not sure the old YVMDFL will ever comeback but it would be great if it was resurrected in some form
Average losing margin across two rounds in division 1 has been 97 points across 8 games, not sure this is great for the competition.
Average in Premier across 12 games has been 33 points which is a lot better

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back