Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, Dolphins will get in I’d say because they’re close and not a big threat.

Reckon the other four are absolutely kidding themselves if they think the MPNFL clubs will have them. But I guess we wait and see.

Would need to add even number of clubs to avoid the bye. If Dolphins are certainty then who else comes in?

Sorrento Rye Rosebud Dromana Red Hill Tyabb Hastings Crib Point Pearcedale Somerville. Southern Peninsula FNL

Frankston & Districts Football Netball League 2 Divisions
YCW Seaford Pines Bombers Langwarrin Karingal Edi Asp Chelsea Bonbeach Devon Meadows Dolphins Cranny Beacy Narrre Mornington Mt Eliza

@AFLSE Sean Connell

Narre, Beaconsfield and Cranbourne are the top 3 in AFLOE. They’d walk all over MPNFL Div2, so would need to go straight into Div1.

BTW Div 1 clubs, three more of you are being relegated to let these three in. Yeah no worries 🤣
Narre Beaconsfield and Cranny would get smashed in div 1. They would all be top 5 in Div 2 but would not get within 5 goals of Langy this year

Narre Beaconsfield and Cranny would get smashed in div 1. They would all be top 5 in Div 2 but would not get within 5 goals of Langy this year

You’re overestimating MPNFL in my humble. Those three would be more than competitive in D1. All three are big clubs with big populations and resources.

Of all these peaky SE clubs, the only ones who truly had it right are Berwick. They said at the time we have outgrown country football and they’re absolutely right.

If you look at the map, it’s pretty obvious all four should be in the SFNL. I get the netball thing but that’s life. Times change. They play on Friday nights. They’ll adjust.

SFNL also has 36 clubs so it works perfectly. Put all four in Southern D1 with the Top 6 from Southern and it’d be a good comp. Easy rank for the other 30 SFNL clubs for D2 - D4.

SFNL has taken in South Mornington, Dolphins and Narre South so the geography is fine.

Of all these peaky SE clubs, the only ones who truly had it right are Berwick. They said at the time we have outgrown country football and they’re absolutely right.

If you look at the map, it’s pretty obvious all four should be in the SFNL. I get the netball thing but that’s life. Times change. They play on Friday nights. They’ll adjust.

SFNL also has 36 clubs so it works perfectly. Put all four in Southern D1 with the Top 6 from Southern and it’d be a good comp. Easy rank for the other 30 SFNL clubs for D2 - D4.

SFNL has taken in South Mornington, Dolphins and Narre South so the geography is fine.

To change Leagues is usually a 2 year process. Do you think any of these clubs, IF they are accepted, would move next year or in 2023?

Would Doveton go into SFNL Div 1 in your opinion?

What does this do for AFLOE who would then reduce to 5 teams in Premier? If Premier and Div 1 merge there would be 14 clubs. Div 2 (Broadford, Yea, Alexandra, Kinglake, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction, Warby and Powelltown) would surely remain in their own comp.

Where would that leave a club like Berwick Springs who would then be surrounded by SFNL or MPNFNL clubs? Would Officer and Pakenham then reconsider their position? Officer appear happy to be in the AFLOE but then again some people on here had also said that of some of the clubs seeking a move.

To change Leagues is usually a 2 year process. Do you think any of these clubs, IF they are accepted, would move next year or in 2023?

Would Doveton go into SFNL Div 1 in your opinion?

What does this do for AFLOE who would then reduce to 5 teams in Premier? If Premier and Div 1 merge there would be 14 clubs. Div 2 (Broadford, Yea, Alexandra, Kinglake, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction, Warby and Powelltown) would surely remain in their own comp.

Where would that leave a club like Berwick Springs who would then be surrounded by SFNL or MPNFNL clubs? Would Officer and Pakenham then reconsider their position? Officer appear happy to be in the AFLOE but then again some people on here had also said that of some of the clubs seeking a move.

Dunno. There needs to be a process to work it all out.

MPNFL - didn't work
SEFNL - didn't work
AFLOE - hasn't worked. The proof is in the pudding. One has already left (Berwick) and now another 4 want to leave.
MPNFL - again??? It's not going to work.

If that mess can be worked out for 2022 then great, otherwise it'd be later.

Narre, Doveton, Beacy and Cranbourne want out. On the basis the MPNFL won't have them, I don't see any alternative except the SFNL. Maybe Eastern? Doesn't make much sense geographically but neither did Berwick, really.

It'd leave AFLOE with 22 clubs which is workable across two divisions. If Officer, Pakenham or Berwick Springs want out then deal with them on a case-by-case basis, but AFAIK none have indicated that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MPNFL - didn't work
SEFNL - didn't work
AFLOE - hasn't worked. The proof is in the pudding. One has already left (Berwick) and now another 4 want to leave.

Narre, Doveton, Beacy and Cranbourne want out. On the basis the MPNFL won't have them, I don't see any alternative except the SFNL. Maybe Eastern? Doesn't make much sense geographically but neither did Berwick, really.

It'd leave AFLOE with 22 clubs which is workable across two divisions. If Officer, Pakenham or Berwick Springs want out then deal with them on a case-by-case basis, but AFAIK none have indicated that.

If this comes to fruition and those 4 clubs leave, leaving 22 clubs, would you go with Division 1 of 14 teams and Division 2 with 8 teams.

Or do you look at having 2 divisions of 11 and if so do you do this just off ladder position?

Again interesting times for AFLOE

Good work by AFLOE to have a clear road map for finals etc for all teams in all divisions.

MPNFL - didn't work
SEFNL - didn't work

Narre Beacy and Cranny best option is the EFNL,they wouldn't entertain going to the SFNL and the MPNFL don't want them,Doveton and Berwick springs best fit would be the SFNL, Officer and Pakenham are in a hard place,there probably a bit to far out to get into the EFNL or SFNL and WGFNL wouldn't want them, maybe paky joins the Gippsland league,there should be at least 2 to 3 senior footy clubs in paky anyway the place is that big.

Last edited:
Narre Beacy and Cranny best option is the EFNL,they wouldn't entertain going to the SFNL and the MPNFL don't want them,Doveton and Berwick springs best fit would be the SFNL, Officer and Pakenham are in a hard place,there probably a bit to far out to get into the EFNL or SFNL and WGFNL wouldn't want them, maybe paky joins the Gippsland league,there should be at least 2 to 3 senior footy clubs in paky anyway the place is that big.

You’re probably right, personally I’d love to see all the old SEFNL clubs in the SFNL to strengthen what, geographically, should be a super strong competition. Combine them with the best of SFNL D1 and you’d have a great comp across 4-5 divisions, and leave the MPNFL to do their own thing.

You’re probably right, personally I’d love to see all the old SEFNL clubs in the SFNL to strengthen what, geographically, should be a super strong competition. Combine them with the best of SFNL D1 and you’d have a great comp across 4-5 divisions, and leave the MPNFL to do their own thing.
I hear ya are the grounds big in SFNL and how would they measure up against the old SEFNL clubs

Looking more likely that a two week finals. 1 vs 4 & 2 vs 3 then Granny.
Even that would be a good result, at this stage lockdown looks like it will be around until after Oct 9 so there may not even be any premiers this year as we have likely already played our last games for the year.

The off season will then be interesting.
- what happens with the 4 clubs wanting to leave
- promotion and relegation between Premier and Div 1...with or without clubs leaving
- can we get to 80% vaccination and avoid all this again next year

Silly question - ignoring all the hype and rumour, just as a matter of process, does the 1 years notice thing still apply to leave? If so, are we all talking about 2023?

Last edited:
Silly question - ignoring all the hype and rumour, just as a matter of process, does the 1 years notice thing still apply to leave? If so, are we all talking about 2023?
They signed a 3 year agreement to my knowledge after which they were free to reassess and go if they wanted. Pretty clear what they want to do. Guess that’s what happens when you’re offered the world and delivered an atlas…..

If they are pursuing the MPNFL, are they just doing it as a matter of course? I don’t think for one second they’ll be admitted by the MPNFL clubs.

Apparently the plan is that Narre, Beac and Cranbourne will go straight into D1, so three current D1 clubs will be booted to D2. As if getting them to vote yes isn’t hard enough…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back