Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard this morning that Kid Talevski got a week at the tribunal last night.
Two things: 1, can anyone confirm and 2, why would the tribunal be sitting on a thurs before a prelim final? Surely this would affect any chance of an appeal?

Heard this morning that Kid Talevski got a week at the tribunal last night.
Two things: 1, can anyone confirm and 2, why would the tribunal be sitting on a thurs before a prelim final? Surely this would affect any chance of an appeal?

Got a week confirmed. The odd thing was that he was sent off after half time after a Ex League official approached the umpires at half time.

Got a week confirmed. The odd thing was that he was sent off after half time after a Ex League official approached the umpires at half time.
Really???? I heard it was controversial but that sounds ordinary.
Why did the hearing happen last night? Was there much in the incident?

word I received was that the league were busy with some investigation on divvy 2 matters and that is why the hearing was last night. surely poor timing if the doggies wanted to appeal. also heard it was a league official who informed him of his send off at half time of the game. all sounds pretty ordinary to me..... huge pressure on the doggies this week.....

Deserved a week not sure what role or powers Knobby Mitchell has but he approached the umpires at half time and he was yellow carded before the third started.

Tribunal had at least two junior matters to hear Tuesday so maybe it was a timing thing. If he appeals today Im sure he can play on Sunday can't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deserved a week not sure what role or powers Knobby Mitchell has but he approached the umpires at half time and he was yellow carded before the third started.

Tribunal had at least two junior matters to hear Tuesday so maybe it was a timing thing. If he appeals today Im sure he can play on Sunday can't he?
If both the above scenarios are true then the league are a joke? Why is knobby Mitchell sticking his nose in and secondly why on earth are junior cases taking precedence over a case being heard involving a player taking part in the leagues SHOWCASE game this weekend (no offence to divvy 2 participants). When is the backyard setup look of the YVMDFL going to be held accountable for these embarrassing incidents eg Walker case last year?
Just my opinion but seems another very ordinary sequence of events at the leagues doing once again.

If both the above scenarios are true then the league are a joke? Why is knobby Mitchell sticking his nose in and secondly why on earth are junior cases taking precedence over a case being heard involving a player taking part in the leagues SHOWCASE game this weekend (no offence to divvy 2 participants). When is the backyard setup look of the YVMDFL going to be held accountable for these embarrassing incidents eg Walker case last year?
Just my opinion but seems another very ordinary sequence of events at the leagues doing once again.

Walker case was and still remains the biggest rort Ive seen in the league. But yes this just seem to scream amature hour.

Walker case was and still remains the biggest rort Ive seen in the league. But yes this just seem to scream amature hour.
Mitchell was there and apparently saw something. Anyone is entitled to lodge a report or comment and 'stick their nose in'. The rules belong to every one, not just umpires.
They just have a responsibility to justify it with credible evidence. I guess Nobby presented his case to the Tribunal and they weighed up the evidence from all concerned.
Talevski has the right to appeal, the same as anyone, and the League must respond within a reasonable time, as stipulated in the rules.
What's the biggie?

Mitchell was there and apparently saw something. Anyone is entitled to lodge a report or comment and 'stick their nose in'. The rules belong to every one, not just umpires.
They just have a responsibility to justify it with credible evidence. I guess Nobby presented his case to the Tribunal and they weighed up the evidence from all concerned.
Talevski has the right to appeal, the same as anyone, and the League must respond within a reasonable time, as stipulated in the rules.
What's the biggie?

He approached the umpires at half time that is the question also if they appeal when would they hear it given there is only two days before the final.

What's the biggie?
'The biggie' is that it wasn't a behind the play incident so I don't see why a league official not involved in the game would be or should be advising umpires during breaks in play to report players.
Secondly holding the case 5 days after the game and 3 days before the next game restricts what you can do with an appeal, they won't be able to get it heard before the game. It's only my opinion but I reckon the leagues actions have been ordinary.

Didn't see the game so can't really comment on what happened. One person I spoke to who was watching (mutual observer) said it was definately reportable, and worth at least 1 week minimum. Sounds like the process was a bit skewiff but the end was result might've been right ??

I tell you what though, you can tell as you go deeper into finals that the stakes rise. The amount of controversy across the whole day at Warby (not Warby's fault by the way) on field and off field, and in both sports is unlike anything I can ever remember.

Don't know how walkers case was a rort
He broke a blokes jaw then continued to taunt him in the hands of a trainer
You all say he's a great bloke and a good record should be taking into account
I'm sure off the field he's ripping guy
But... On the field can be a different thing
Iv only heard of 2-3 tribunal cases over past 2 years That's what we want
We don't want it to become afl like and blokes missing games for light incidents
But...we can't have thuggery acts being conducted

Anyway
If this is true with talevski it's makes Sunday very interesting
The ruckman driessan wasn't seen after 3/4 time I've heard ankle injury and fowkes ended up doing the majority of the ruck duties in the last
Wandin might be forced to play a local to cover with possibly Ross, dreissan and taleski out

One thing I would say after watching the vision is wandin looked really average Myers, Messis bearly had a touch for 3 quarters. McDonald gave away 3 50"s that resulted in shots from the goal line

Baxter had his kicking boots on early
Sneddon nailed a tight one late
Woori looked to played a complete game and wandin had a stinker and to only go down by 3-4 doesn't tell a great deal
If wandin get over the line this week it will make for a ripping showdown

But let's hope mt ev get up because straight sets and going bust is better music to my ears

B: benuda major Broomall
HB: Van horn Ross Wilson(oli)
C: Bayliss. Myers. Urquhart
HF: Williams.(mon) O kieff monkey
FF: hartfield Collins. Davies (hvill)
R: Millwood Dyer. Williams(woor)
Extended bench
Hedge fowkes talevski mmartin
Noorda sneddon
Ward
Didn't watch a lot of warby hville sorry
If I missed any standouts
Emerald battled but thought Livermore McKenna was pretty consistant 18s have been really good they will be back in 16 won't be that great for another 2-3 though
Belly had some serious talent but could get them on the park firing enough in clasby n kelf, little angry field was pretty solid
Monny koole was koole favrin had a lot of snags early then broke down
Upwey waters was terrific when he up and running seemed to either kick 10 or 2. Didn't think Grenda, gooly had as much impact this year
Wandin not going to even bother won't hear half the name again once the money dries up but I will say good to see s.young back playing was a pretty handy junior one of the only locals left with Ladner
Olinda heard big things about rouhman early in the year bit hit and miss as the year went on. Really turned it on at the start of the season fairly inexperienced side fell away in big games towards the end my tip for 15,16 back to back under Peter brown good kids, Keegan,rankin twins always in the best
Woori rynos team just going about it extremely well considering the ground was underwater for Half the season
Young kids Anderson, smith, Williams pretty good
Baxter good recruit only needs 4 kicks a game to have an impact will Tim Williamson play next year we're did he go
Warby barns wappett pretty good
Pettinella is a monster pitty can't kick straight can take great grab didn't hear much about the kids coming through hopefully next year a few names pop up
Hville had unjuries key players overseas
Still caused a few head aches throughout the year considering the tightness of top 5-6 can only get better if no one leaves add a few unders into the mix on a big ground 9 times a year could do abit if damage

Seville to come up think the different style of footy in div 1 won't suit them
Heard rumours big clarky to return to brookers tilt for a flag

B: benuda major Broomall
HB: Van horn Ross Wilson(oli)
C: Bayliss. Myers. Urquhart
HF: Williams.(mon) O kieff monkey
FF: hartfield Collins. Davies (hvill)
R: Millwood Dyer. Williams(woor)
Extended bench
Hedge fowkes talevski mmartin
Noorda sneddon
Ward
Didn't watch a lot of warby hville sorry
If I missed any standouts
Emerald battled but thought Livermore McKenna was pretty consistant 18s have been really good they will be back in 16 won't be that great for another 2-3 though
Belly had some serious talent but could get them on the park firing enough in clasby n kelf, little angry field was pretty solid
Monny koole was koole favrin had a lot of snags early then broke down
Upwey waters was terrific when he up and running seemed to either kick 10 or 2. Didn't think Grenda, gooly had as much impact this year
Wandin not going to even bother won't hear half the name again once the money dries up but I will say good to see s.young back playing was a pretty handy junior one of the only locals left with Ladner
Olinda heard big things about rouhman early in the year bit hit and miss as the year went on. Really turned it on at the start of the season fairly inexperienced side fell away in big games towards the end my tip for 15,16 back to back under Peter brown good kids, Keegan,rankin twins always in the best
Woori rynos team just going about it extremely well considering the ground was underwater for Half the season
Young kids Anderson, smith, Williams pretty good
Baxter good recruit only needs 4 kicks a game to have an impact will Tim Williamson play next year we're did he go
Warby barns wappett pretty good
Pettinella is a monster pitty can't kick straight can take great grab didn't hear much about the kids coming through hopefully next year a few names pop up
Hville had unjuries key players overseas
Still caused a few head aches throughout the year considering the tightness of top 5-6 can only get better if no one leaves add a few unders into the mix on a big ground 9 times a year could do abit if damage

Seville to come up think the different style of footy in div 1 won't suit them
Heard rumours big clarky to return to brookers tilt for a flag

Get your facts right before you pass comment about Walkers incident. A accidental collision doesn't warrant a report.

Sorry I wasn't referring to walkers incident as the thuggery
I just ment incidents such as off the ball, king hit ect ect needs to be dealt with
From what I'm aware of the actually sentencing was for getting involved whilst he was in the hands of the trainer

How bout this just get puts away in the archives

Sorry I wasn't referring to walkers incident as the thuggery
I just ment incidents such as off the ball, king hit ect ect needs to be dealt with
From what I'm aware of the actually sentencing was for getting involved whilst he was in the hands of the trainer

How bout this just get puts away in the archives

It's plain to see it was a monumental stuff up by the league and changes were made as a result. Shame nothing can be done to reverse the lies that were told to get the result.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back