Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely your joking Monniehawk? If the decisions about a send off are to be made be league officials from the grandstand. This league is cooked.

If the report needed to be filed after the game based on a complaint, I get that, but how can a league official who is not the head of the umpiring dept direct the umpires on a missed decision DURING THE GAME? This sets a ridiculous precedent for the YV. Will KNOBBY be attending all games or having a designated league official at ALL games to help with umpiring decisions?

Anyway I hope the Dogs can have a win tomorrow. There are a lot of people up there who work bloody hard to drive for the ultimate reward. It seems there are a lot of people out there who have short memories about many other YV clubs methods used in the persuit of success.

He approached the umpires at half time that is the question also if they appeal when would they hear it given there is only two days before the final.
Did any of you actually see Mitchell approach the umpires, or did you hear about it second hand?
My mail says that the report was made during the quarter by a boundary ump and he informed the centrals at the break who then told Wandin of the report.
I don't know for certain, but that's what I heard. Sounds feasible to me. And I can only presume that you don't know for certain, either, but you have managed to slur the League and a former official, anyway..
Apropos....
Get your facts right before you pass comment about Walkers incident. A accidental collision doesn't warrant a report.

Did any of you actually see Mitchell approach the umpires, or did you hear about it second hand?
My mail says that the report was made during the quarter by a boundary ump and he informed the centrals at the break who then told Wandin of the report.
I don't know for certain, but that's what I heard. Sounds feasible to me. And I can only presume that you don't know for certain, either, but you have managed to slur the League and a former official, anyway..
Apropos....

He approached the umpires in clear view of the entire crowd Monnie in the middle of the ground. I'm pretty sure that's not slagging anyone off. You posted he is a FORMER official so the only question anyone's asked as to why he did.

Surely your joking Monniehawk? If the decisions about a send off are to be made be league officials from the grandstand. This league is cooked.

If the report needed to be filed after the game based on a complaint, I get that, but how can a league official who is not the head of the umpiring dept direct the umpires on a missed decision DURING THE GAME? This sets a ridiculous precedent for the YV. Will KNOBBY be attending all games or having a designated league official at ALL games to help with umpiring decisions?
I repeat: ANYONE can make a report or complaint via the Investigation Procedure. This is not an uncommon thing as history has proved.The Talevski incident seems shrouded in opinion masquerading as 'fact'. I sincerely doubt Nobby would have anything to do with influencing the umpires in the manner he has been accused of, so I just ask everyone to get the right info first. Everyone knows who Nobby is and you hide behind a BF alias. You have nothing to lose; Nobby and the League are sitting targets.
He approached the umpires in clear view of the entire crowd Monnie in the middle of the ground. I'm pretty sure that's not slagging anyone off. You posted he is a FORMER official so the only question anyone's asked as to why he did.
It is if you didn't hear what was said!! If it turns out you're wrong, you've done a lot of damage and you should be held accountable.
He is a former League official and current AFL Commissioner. He is entitled to go on the ground, as is the rest of the public. You seem to have jumped to a conclusion and overlooked the boundary umpire's involvement.
So, refer again to my post above.

I repeat: ANYONE can make a report or complaint via the Investigation Procedure. This is not an uncommon thing as history has proved.The Talevski incident seems shrouded in opinion masquerading as 'fact'. I sincerely doubt Nobby would have anything to do with influencing the umpires in the manner he has been accused of, so I just ask everyone to get the right info first. Everyone knows who Nobby is and you hide behind a BF alias. You have nothing to lose; Nobby and the League are sitting targets.

It is if you didn't hear what was said!! If it turns out you're wrong, you've done a lot of damage and you should be held accountable.
He is a former League official and current AFL Commissioner. He is entitled to go on the ground, as is the rest of the public. You seem to have jumped to a conclusion and overlooked the boundary umpire's involvement.

Your jumping at showdows Monnie the question was asked what happened that was deemed controversial. To everyone at the ground that saw a ex league official approach the umpires they along with I wanted to know what his role was.

Your jumping at showdows Monnie the question was asked what happened that was deemed controversial. To everyone at the ground that saw a ex league official approach the umpires they along with I wanted to know what his role was.
Really?
You seem to have made up your mind, rather than enquiring what the truth may be.
I go with the boundary umpire scenario, but let's wait.
If you really want to know, then ask the umpires and Nobby directly, rather than scream outrage over Big Footy. You know their contact details.

Really?
You seem to have made up your mind, rather than enquiring what the truth may be.
I go with the boundary umpire scenario, but let's wait.
If you really want to know, then ask the umpires and Nobby directly, rather than scream outrage over Big Footy. You know their contact details.

Why are you directing your senile rant my way rather than the poster saying it's a joke and disgrace.

....because of your puerile rants that started the bile in the first place.

I tell you what I'm sure if Knobby had any issue in what would be thought of his actions. Walking around to the umpires rooms rather than approaching them in the full view of the crowd would be the preferred method.

I tell you what I'm sure if Knobby had any issue in what would be thought of his actions. Walking around to the umpires rooms rather than approaching them in the full view of the crowd would be the preferred method.
If the report was made by the boundary umpire then under VCFL Rule 11 the correct procedure was implented
Boundary and goal umpires have the power to report
however they do not have the power to order players
from the ground, they shall advise one of the field
umpires, of their report at the next appropriate break
in play and the field umpire shall,with the umpire making the report, advise the player he/she has been
reported and that player shall be ordered from the ground

Don't
If the report was made by the boundary umpire then under VCFL Rule 11 the correct procedure was implented
Boundary and goal umpires have the power to report
however they do not have the power to order players
from the ground, they shall advise one of the field
umpires, of their report at the next appropriate break
in play and the field umpire shall,with the umpire making the report, advise the player he/she has been
reported and that player shall be ordered from the ground
don't stress he won his appeal he's playing today

Went up for a look today and obviously the Talevski case was a hot topic around the ground. Informed by a club official not involved with either competing club today that the case was thrown out at appeal with the vision not even required. Boundary umpire informed the panel that he didn't see the incident and that he was heavily influenced by said official to lodge the report. Very interesting if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went up for a look today and obviously the Talevski case was a hot topic around the ground. Informed by a club official not involved with either competing club today that the case was thrown out at appeal with the vision not even required. Boundary umpire informed the panel that he didn't see the incident and that he was heavily influenced by said official to lodge the report. Very interesting if true.

Yep correct guess Monnie owes me an apology.

Pretty soft win by Wandin yesterday? Were Wandin good or Mt Ev crap?

What exactly is a soft win in a prelim final???? Both teams had everything to play for.
Wandin was able to deliver the result and sadly for the Mount Ev, they didn't on the day. I'm sure they will come hard again next year.
Well done to Wandin FNC. The club cops a pasting on this forum regularly, but making 7 of the 8 available grand finals in D1 is a truly fantastic Club effort.
I hope the seniors can take some of the momentum from yesterday into the big match against Woori on Saturday and get the chocolates!!!
Plus to Kate and her teams in the netty, incredible achievement to have every grade in the GF.

It's plain to see it was a monumental stuff up by the league and changes were made as a result. Shame nothing can be done to reverse the lies that were told to get the result.
Changes were made as a result?
Wasn't there video of Walker hip & shoulder / bump the player in the hands of the trainer?

Changes were made as a result?
Wasn't there video of Walker hip & shoulder / bump the player in the hands of the trainer?

There was no vision available which is a shame as it would have been thrown out as a result. All that saw it says it was a accident all they had was a reserve grade umpires belated evidence which included the line I didnt see it but from my experiance the noise it made was from a head high hit. Comedy at its best.

Just waiting on your response Monnie because it was thrown out as a result of the actions you say are allowed.

What exactly is a soft win in a prelim final???? Both teams had everything to play for.
Wandin was able to deliver the result and sadly for the Mount Ev, they didn't on the day. I'm sure they will come hard again next year.
Well done to Wandin FNC. The club cops a pasting on this forum regularly, but making 7 of the 8 available grand finals in D1 is a truly fantastic Club effort.
I hope the seniors can take some of the momentum from yesterday into the big match against Woori on Saturday and get the chocolates!!!
Plus to Kate and her teams in the netty, incredible achievement to have every grade in the GF.

7 of 8 sounds good, but do not count the Under 18's, what a ridiculous setup when 6th through 10th play of for the 2nd Div Premiership, talk about rewarding mediocrity - 10th side won 4 matches for the season, should have played an 8 at least Wandin who finished 8th won 7 games for the season.

Great game I don't think wandin will ever win a flag
They were that good last year, then topped up with some absolute jets
Why throw money away
Strong rumour yesterday that a warby official accidentally stumbled in on a few wandin players smoking ice after the game 2 weeks ago. Apparently went to the league didn't want anything to with it
As a mutual supporter the final siren was ever so sweet

Why throw money away
Strong rumour yesterday that a warby official accidentally stumbled in on a few wandin players smoking ice after the game 2 weeks ago. Apparently went to the league didn't want anything to with it
This is why I have difficulty with rumours!

Why throw money away

Give me a spell. What an utter load of garbage.
I can understand why people don't like Wandin, it's a free country, but talking s**t like that is too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back