Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Some bad news at monny leading into big game this week with recruit Shane Williams to miss 12 months with an acl and Favrin to miss remainder of season with osteitis. Depth to be severely tested for the rest of the year

The Top five in all footy comps looks fairly set from here on in. The only changes i think might happen from here is Upwey & Mt Eve fighting for 5th place in div one seniors & under 18's. Especially after Upwey's seniors 3 Goalless qtr's today! Wonder when the last time that happened? Must have been before 2000.

Congrats to Terry Walker, who's playing his 300th game against Woori this week. Absolute legend of the club on and off the field. Only the 4th player at Warby to reach the milestone apparently. Well done mate!

Congrats to Terry Walker, who's playing his 300th game against Woori this week. Absolute legend of the club on and off the field. Only the 4th player at Warby to reach the milestone apparently. Well done mate!

Well said Tmac. True Legend of the comp and as Loyal as you'll come across. Well done Toss.:thumbsu:

Well done to the big lion heart Terry Walker. Playing undersize his whole career in the ruck against some of the comp's toughest players (Goodwin, Monky, Hedge come to mind). Never complains and as Adam H said as LOYAL a person you will meet. Good luck tomorrow mate its been a pleasure to have have played with you

Some bad news at monny leading into big game this week with recruit Shane Williams to miss 12 months with an acl and Favrin to miss remainder of season with osteitis. Depth to be severely tested for the rest of the year

Shane Williams will play either this week or next apparently.

Great effort by Terry, wouldn't say undersized, pretty sure he was a couple of inches taller than me.
Just has an amazing ability to keep on working his butt off through the entire game and season.
A great competitor and is a standout in my opinion.
Made it really hard when he dropped into the back half a kick behind play. Not graced with speed but always managed to get to the contest.
Congrats. Like Mick Walker, real heart and soul of the club.

Yeah humpa was misdiognosed with an acl which turned out to be severe bone bruising big relief for not only the club but also Shane who has a young family. Not sure about Favrin who I believe has been training again after a long stint out. As a supporter very happy with the improvement the senior side has shown this time last year bottom of the ladder now will hopefully play finals. A huge effort by Daniel, Travis and the boys.

Yeah humpa was misdiognosed with an acl which turned out to be severe bone bruising big relief for not only the club but also Shane who has a young family. Not sure about Favrin who I believe has been training again after a long stint out. As a supporter very happy with the improvement the senior side has shown this time last year bottom of the ladder now will hopefully play finals. A huge effort by Daniel, Travis and the boys.

Wardy looks like he has played some handy footy this season Garion

2 Games to go in Div 1.
I can't see Wandin, Monbulk and Woori dropping out.
Just leaves 2 really good rounds for Mt Ev, Olinda and Upwey.
Olinda with 2 home games and good %ge and Upwey with low %age.
Mt Evelyn a game behind with healthy %age.
Olinda V Mt ev and Monbulk v Upwey
Last round Olinda V Upwey and Mt Evelyn v Woori

So some good scenarios in these 2 round and all 3 have a great opportunity to clinch a spot.
I think Olinda are in the best position with 2 home games, Upwey showed on the weekend that they can score heavily if given the chance and Mt Evelyn on any given day can win anywhere. There track record at Olinda in the past few years isn't great.
So, I think Olinda will win, Upwey will lose, the week after, Olinda win and Mt Evelyn will win leaving Upwey out of the 5 by about 7%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A colleague tells me that on Saturday Monbulks ressies only started the game with 12 players. They were given 4 players by Olinda to get the game underway and at quarter time Monbulk were able to field their own team when their under 18's returned. I can understand that the main objective is to give blokes a game of footy, but surely the scores are void and a forfeit, and the ramifications that go with it, should be recorded against Monbulk.

Nothing that I could find is mentioned on either clubs website a about the game. Well Olinda's website anyway; couldn't even access Monbulks

Yeah rootah he's been playing really well this year. Havnt spoken to him in a while but believe he's pretty fit and doesn't have any niggling injuries.
Local knowledge I asked the same question on Saturday, but I believe the league gave us a bit of a break because of a stuff around with fixturing for under 18's. Was meant to be a monbulk home game which we were forced to play at healseville to help yea out so the league gave us a bit Of a break. FYI our twos are having a hard time this year have had over 10 season ending injuries. Not sure on your motive local if you look at the ladder don't think it will effect things too much and from what I can gather olinda were pretty happy to help out

Lets not get caught up in semantics here, it was a late decision to play the game and we were happy to lend blokes. At the end of the day, it definitely "IS" about getting blokes a game of footy , and I can't imagine any club actually saying no in this situation.

Lets not get caught up in semantics here, it was a late decision to play the game and we were happy to lend blokes. At the end of the day, it definitely "IS" about getting blokes a game of footy , and I can't imagine any club actually saying no in this situation.
Well said TeeS. Seems to forgotten these days is its about playing football. Well done to Olinda. At the end of the day Olinda won, the score at qtr time was 37 to 0 in Olinda's favour. Don't see what the big deal is about Local Knowledge.

I don't have any motive or claimed that it was a big deal. I did state that I understand the main objective is to give blokes a game of footy. It was always going to be a case of when, not if, this was going to happen with the under 18's having a mixed fixture.

Being a bit of a stickler for due process though, I still believe a forfeit should be recorded against Monbulk. Perhaps a bylaw could be introduced by the league to prevent this happening in the future otherwise we could a see a few rules being "bent" in the future as a precedent has now been set.

Last edited:
I don't have any motive or claimed that it was a big deal. I did state that I understand the main objective is to give blokes a game of footy. It was always going to be a case of when, not if, this was going to happen with the under 18's having a mixed fixture.

Being a bit of a stickler for due process though, I still believe a forfeit should be recorded against Monbulk. Perhaps a bylaw could be introduced by the league to prevent this happening in the future otherwise we could a see a few rules being "bent" in the future as a precedent has now been set.

Can i suggest the Local knowledge increases his/her knowledge by reading the YVMDF&NL By laws and refers to Rule 13.5? A copy of which is available on the Leagues website :)

13. 5 Premiership Points
To constitute a match, the minimum number of registered players in any grade of the clubs shall be
fourteen (14).
13.5.1 Any team with less than Fourteen (14) registered players at the official starting time of the match
shall forfeit the game unless:
(a) An agreement is reached between the Coach and Team Manager of each team, that the
match will be played FOR PREMIERSHIP POINTS and;
(b) Registered player(s) loaned on the day by the opposing club to enable each team to field a
minimum of Fourteen (14) players at the official starting time of the match and;
(c) Registered player(s) that loaned are to be named and must sign the official Team Sheet. All
loaned registered players must be identified by the letter (L) next to his name and;
13.5.2 An Agreement Form to play the match for PREMIERSHIP POINTS must be signed by the Team
Manager and Coach of each team prior to the commencement of the match (see Schedule Five 5).
13.5.3 The Field Umpire(s) must be notified by the Team Manager of each team that a match will be
played for PREMIERSHIP POINTS, and the signed agreement form is to be lodged with the Field
Umpire(s), who will also sign the agreement form, for return to the League Office with the Match
Documents.
13.5.4 Loaned registered players shall remain as a player(s) for that team for the duration of the match
or as determined by the coaches.
13.5.5 If registered players become available during the match, for the team without minimum
numbers, then these registered players can replace loaned registered players, who then return
to their team, and can take the field to play for their club
13.5.6 If a match is played for PREMIERSHIP POINTS, umpires will award and record “Best on Ground
Votes” for the Yarra Valley Mountain District Football & Netball League Best and Fairest Awards.
13.5.7 The Club(s) will also officially record those players who kicked goals during the match for Yarra
Valley Mountain District Football & Netball League Goal Kicking Awards.

......working out the various results and percentages from next week to see who makes it and who misses out.
Mount Evelyn V. Woori Yallock
Olinda V. Upwey.

......working out the various results and percentages from next week to see who makes it and who misses out.
Mount Evelyn V. Woori Yallock
Olinda V. Upwey.

Was also looking at it
Mt Evelyn could win against Woori by around 30 points based on current percentages they would leap into 3rd if Olinda Beat Upwey and Monbulk were to lose to Healesville.
If Mts lose and Olinda win they leapfrog and move into potentially 4th and Mts miss out. Upwey finishes 5th but still would play each other again.

If Olinda win and Mts win both by enough Upwey on percentage can drop out.
Logic suggests on ladder position Monbulk, Upwey and Woori all win and the positions remain the same.
Pretty impressive ladder with 2nd to 6th separated by 4 points and percentage going into last round.

Was also looking at it
Mt Evelyn could win against Woori by around 30 points based on current percentages they would leap into 3rd if Olinda Beat Upwey and Monbulk were to lose to Healesville.
If Mts lose and Olinda win they leapfrog and move into potentially 4th and Mts miss out. Upwey finishes 5th but still would play each other again.

If Olinda win and Mts win both by enough Upwey on percentage can drop out.
Logic suggests on ladder position Monbulk, Upwey and Woori all win and the positions remain the same.
Pretty impressive ladder with 2nd to 6th separated by 4 points and percentage going into last round.
great effort by thornton to make the finals, in its first year back
reward for effort off the field, we need more of these stories to continue, the relegation system is the main reason div 1 has been so close for the last few years

great effort by thornton to make the finals, in its first year back
reward for effort off the field, we need more of these stories to continue, the relegation system is the main reason div 1 has been so close for the last few years

Great call Bertron, one thing to get going after such a long layoff, super effort to immediately play finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back