Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that missing finals, the outcome is likely the same- new coach in 2024, I want Hinkley to coach out the season and we get absolutely torched and finish bottom. That's a far more palatable outcome because we will get a new coach, Pick #1 and zero chance of Hinkley being able to manufacture any sort of acceptable departure. Such as finish may even be enough to evict a few other no-hopers.

I want him to leave as the embarrassment and failure that he has been. I don't want even a skerrick of positivity left in our club's history, regarding his tenure as coach.
Ah yes, pick 1.

Given that missing finals, the outcome is likely the same- new coach in 2024, I want Hinkley to coach out the season and we get absolutely torched and finish bottom. That's a far more palatable outcome because we will get a new coach, Pick #1 and zero chance of Hinkley being able to manufacture any sort of acceptable departure. Such as finish may even be enough to evict a few other no-hopers.

I want him to leave as the embarrassment and failure that he has been. I don't want even a skerrick of positivity left in our club's history, regarding his tenure as coach.

We gave North our 1st for jhf , bottom 5 is fine by me

In that scenario, doesn't norf get our pick #1?

Me too. I want him destroyed like he's tried to destroy us

I'm not even sure that has really happened before. A player potting fans is so ******* unusual. We're such a weird place.

Yep, the usual response is something like. “We understand fans’ frustration. Hopefully, we’ll turn it around next week and give them something to cheer about.” Instead we got whatever the **** it was that Dixon threw at us

Id rather see him go mid year and us turn it around immediately under Carr as interim coach. This was he and his supporters have got nowhere to hide, no claiming that it was a new pre season to go with a heap of other changes which had an impact. This way its just Hinkley going thats turned it around, thus proves beyond any doubt he was always the biggest problem.

Also FYI, North have our future first so in this scenario they'd get pick 1.

It seems quite clear that this group of Power players are struggling with a stale game plan from a coach who has well and truly passed his use by date, and has run out of ideas. I yearn for the day when we finally get a new coach - the talent in our squad can definitely replicate what Collingwood did last year, but they won't get to prove it until Ken falls on his sword.
Yep. It looks 100% like he has lost them and they are on autopilot.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would really like to enjoy being a Port supporter again but instead the highlight I am hoping for in 2023, is seeing Hinkley depart from our club forever.

When I think about Hinkley, i used to think he's probably a nice bloke over all but now i think he's trying to extract every last cent he can out of our club, also he doesn't care how far he drags a very good list imo down the toilet with him.

Your time is getting closer Ken.
Sack Hinkley, the sooner the better, so the person that will replace him can get the full potential out of a good list.

Last edited:
I would really like to enjoy being a Port supporter again but instead the highlight I am hoping for in 2023, is seeing Hinkley depart from our club forever.

When I think about Hinkley, i used to think he's probably a nice bloke over all but now i think he's trying to extract every last cent he can out of our club, also he doesn't care how far he drags a very good list imo down the toilet with him.

Your time is getting closer Ken.
Sack Hinkley, the sooner the better so the person that will replace him can get the full potential out of a good list.
I think the nice bloke schtick was a myth right from the get go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the nice bloke schtick was a myth right from the get go.
Yea never even in the halcyon days of run n gun Port, the Porterss and Polecat Polec with 2 feet did I ever think Ken was a nice bloke

Always come across as a campaigner who still to this day clearly sees himself as > the club itself a deficit that only got bigger after 2017s elimination final disaster imho

Would genuinely be happy to never see or hear of him again

Would genuinely be happy to never see or hear of him again
We won't see him at the club once he's gone. He'll be wearing his Geelong underwear on the outside before he's out the front door. Unfortunately we'll continue to hear from him in the Vic media as the man who saved Port. From Hinkley himself I expect he'll only mention Port when one of our younger players does well and he'll claim credit for developing them.

All it tells me is that Bucks doesn't want his job.
Nah, play the slow game.
His opinion won’t change who coaches, so keep all the players inside that support Ken anyway.
Though he probably doesn’t want the job tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back