Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Read today that Hinkely said he never wants to have the pressure of coaching in the final year of a contract. Holy hat, how has the club fallen for that as the excuse to finagle premature contract extensions. Is that the master tactic for perpetual employment?

The final year of a contract is one of the biggest natural assets a club has. Serves as both a firecracker to get results which warrant a new one, or the club ending up in the position to make a move if it pleases. Every 2nd or 3rd year should ideally be the final year of a coach's contract (especially one that's never won a flag). Borderline indictment he's been able to power play that away from the club so he never has to see a final year. Christ, imagine the uproar if a player came out and said he doesn't like the pressure of playing for his spot in the team. The coach should always have some level of pressure, clubs don't exist to provide contentment and longevity for the coach just for the sake of it.

I reckon it's as if on field results have almost become a secondary concern for him. The real game isn't against other teams, it's the one played between he and the club. Wouldn't be surprised if he's planning on calling Koch's bluff at the end of this year by demanding either another extension or he sacks him knowing full well the club is averse to doing the latter. And if the stance has hardened there's the fallback of, practical: "You know I don't like coaching in the final year of a contract, it'll effect my performance" or the heart strings: "Kochie mate we've been on this road together for so long, what's another 2 years?". God help it if there's another club dumb enough for him to use as leverage on top of it.

Then there's what his strategy is in regards to how he wants on field to play out (and let me know if I'm stepping out of bounds here). Does he want the uncertainty of what comes after winning a flag? Or is the familiarity of perpetually building towards one better? I can see the gaslighting of the fans from a far. Chances downplayed to keep the pass mark low. Getting spanked in a prelim is the playing group overachieving, and then in a year where it's gone the other way like this one the club is "2 wins away from where it should be sitting" (what does that even mean). It's as if the modus operandi is controlling perceptions to fit that creamy middle of always being thereabouts but no higher or lower. "Almost there" "We've got a little way to go until we're on the level of team X", subliminals for fans accepting that he constantly needs more time to achieve what he's supposedly set out to do.

There's laughing at the misfortune of other teams, then there's this. No fans deserve f'ery like this.

tl;dr just sack Hinkley.

Kochie hangs his hat on the Victorian media “experts” who continue to support or act indifferent to Hinkley (for one reason or another).

But when have those experts ever legitimately rated a Hinkley-coached Port Adelaide side? Outside of the club’s four walls, when has the team been tipped as flag favourites? Maybe the start of 2015 when we were touted as the next dynasty team before failing so bad we had to do a mini rebuild a couple seasons later?

Even going into the 2020 and 2021 prelims, who had Port tipped as the premiership fancies? Literally no one. Because everyone outside the club knows a Hinkley-coached side is unreliable, inconsistent and unable to handle pressure. It’s that simple.

Because anyone who holds them up is threatened with eviction by security.
Maybe i don't know about that. I doubt very much that their would be support from the attending crowd. The comaratively small number of anti Hinkley Big Footy zealots are not representative of the 25,000 plus who attend the games. This is clearly demonstrated by the count of posters numbers.
Also, would be a very poor response from a number of viewpoints imo:
What ever you say he has given years of effort and commitment to the club. Dont come back about amount of money he is paid that is a gutter argument.
Of all my years of following port Adelaide, we are at our best when the crowd is roaring for the club and result; to do the opposite would be the antipathy of this and imo a big blemish on the creed.
He has had the respect of the players and a wide spectrum of people associated with the football industry.

When their is a change mutual respect from both parties is a creditable response.

Maybe i don't know about that. I doubt very much that their would be support from the attending crowd. The comaratively small number of anti Hinkley Big Footy zealots are not representative of the 25,000 plus who attend the games.

Lol. The fact that the crowd is 25,000 doesn't mean anything to you?

In 2014 our average home crowd was 45k.

NO ONE IS GOING ANYMORE, just the deluded happy clappers.

If that's the biggest stir I caused I'm doing ok.

Genuinely no ill will towards you guys or the club, just Hinkley. I guess Noble today got my sacking juices firing.
Kozi I would be ashamed if the port adelaide crowd acted in the same way as your club did to a former Richmond coach.
Pull your head in and I dont accept: Genuinely no ill will towards you guys or the club, just Hinkley. Try the other one! Suggest you get your sack juices firing another way!

Kochie hangs his hat on the Victorian media “experts” who continue to support or act indifferent to Hinkley (for one reason or another).

Even locally. I can’t remember whether it was Rucci or Kane at the end of the 2019 season, who after a massive Keep Ken! campaign, predicted a 10th or 11th-placed finish in 2020.

It’s like, jeepers fracking cripes.

Lol. The fact that the crowd is 25,000 doesn't mean anything to you?

In 2014 our average home crowd was 45k.

NO ONE IS GOING ANYMORE, just the deluded happy clappers.
Football doormat, AFL crowds are down this year.
So people who attend a port game at Adelaide oval are deluded.
Generalizations that add up to nothing at times seems to be your forte

Football doormat, AFL crowds are down this year.
So people who attend a port game at Adelaide oval are deluded.
Generalizations that add up to nothing at times seems to be your forte

What are you even talking about at this point?

You’re not a Port Adelaide person.

You’re a Ken Hinkley fanboy.

Forte is French for sTregnth. Ken Hinklley has strength. He is Strong. He has hAs giben years of committment to his family's cause. You are a Bleamish to the creed, unlike the 25,000 who come to the games and Hinlkley looks down upon, smiliong, sipping his Coke Zero, knowing these happy cLappers are keeping him there. They are the new Port Adelaide. Hinkley coaches ike he's on the spectrum. Respect.

Kozi I would be ashamed if the port adelaide crowd acted in the same way as your club did to a former Richmond coach.
Pull your head in and I dont accept: Genuinely no ill will towards you guys or the club, just Hinkley. Try the other one! Suggest you get your sack juices firing another way!
Not here for a fight mate. I'm 100% genuine in what I said. I've also seen enough to know you're the extreme minority around these parts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But when have those experts ever legitimately rated a Hinkley-coached Port Adelaide side? Outside of the club’s four walls, when has the team been tipped as flag favourites? Maybe the start of 2015 when we were touted as the next dynasty team before failing so bad we had to do a mini rebuild a couple seasons later?

Even going into the 2020 and 2021 prelims, who had Port tipped as the premiership fancies? Literally no one. Because everyone outside the club knows a Hinkley-coached side is unreliable, inconsistent and unable to handle pressure. It’s that simple.

There have been years where we have been broadly rated as a good team coming in, including this year. But the three step cycle is always the same:

1) Start off presumed to be s**t because we're the little olds (ie we're never preemptively expected to be a good team or to improve at all, we must demonstrate it first).

2) A year or two of good footy to consolidate our position as a well regarded team, albeit failing in finals.

3) Inevitable return to Tenthdom at which point this current stage is used as evidence that Port overachieved in stage 2 and thus Hinkley is a mastermind for ever getting us that far.

The whole thing is nauseating.

Read today that Hinkely said he never wants to have the pressure of coaching in the final year of a contract. Holy hat, how has the club fallen for that as the excuse to finagle premature contract extensions. Is that the master tactic for perpetual employment?

The final year of a contract is one of the biggest natural assets a club has. Serves as both a firecracker to get results which warrant a new one, or the club ending up in the position to make a move if it pleases. Every 2nd or 3rd year should ideally be the final year of a coach's contract (especially one that's never won a flag). Borderline indictment he's been able to power play that away from the club so he never has to see a final year. Christ, imagine the uproar if a player came out and said he doesn't like the pressure of playing for his spot in the team. The coach should always have some level of pressure, clubs don't exist to provide contentment and longevity for the coach just for the sake of it.

I reckon it's as if on field results have almost become a secondary concern for him. The real game isn't against other teams, it's the one played between he and the club. Wouldn't be surprised if he's planning on calling Koch's bluff at the end of this year by demanding either another extension or he sacks him knowing full well the club is averse to doing the latter. And if the stance has hardened there's the fallback of, practical: "You know I don't like coaching in the final year of a contract, it'll effect my performance" or the heart strings: "Kochie mate we've been on this road together for so long, what's another 2 years?". God help it if there's another club dumb enough for him to use as leverage on top of it.

Then there's what his strategy is in regards to how he wants on field to play out (and let me know if I'm stepping out of bounds here). Does he want the uncertainty of what comes after winning a flag? Or is the familiarity of perpetually building towards one better? I can see the gaslighting of the fans from a far. Chances downplayed to keep the pass mark low. Getting spanked in a prelim is the playing group overachieving, and then in a year where it's gone the other way like this one the club is "2 wins away from where it should be sitting" (what does that even mean). It's as if the modus operandi is controlling perceptions to fit that creamy middle of always being thereabouts but no higher or lower. "Almost there" "We've got a little way to go until we're on the level of team X", subliminals for fans accepting that he constantly needs more time to achieve what he's supposedly set out to do.

There's laughing at the misfortune of other teams, then there's this. No fans deserve f'ery like this.

tl;dr just sack Hinkley.
Im gonna print this post out and frame it.

Maybe i don't know about that. I doubt very much that their would be support from the attending crowd. The comaratively small number of anti Hinkley Big Footy zealots are not representative of the 25,000 plus who attend the games. This is clearly demonstrated by the count of posters numbers.
Also, would be a very poor response from a number of viewpoints imo:
What ever you say he has given years of effort and commitment to the club. Dont come back about amount of money he is paid that is a gutter argument.
Of all my years of following port Adelaide, we are at our best when the crowd is roaring for the club and result; to do the opposite would be the antipathy of this and imo a big blemish on the creed.
He has had the respect of the players and a wide spectrum of people associated with the football industry.

When their is a change mutual respect from both parties is a creditable response.
I think you might mean 25,000 minus?

Forte is French for sTregnth. Ken Hinklley has strength. He is Strong. He has hAs giben years of committment to his family's cause. You are a Bleamish to the creed, unlike the 25,000 who come to the games and Hinlkley looks down upon, smiliong, sipping his Coke Zero, knowing these happy cLappers are keeping him there. They are the new Port Adelaide. Hinkley coaches ike he's on the spectrum. Respect.
This is gibberish: the task was to write 6 lines of
argumentative writing

given 20 times in neatest hand writing at back of spelling book.
smiling 40 times in neat hand writing.
Your full stop punctuation is good.

Your attitude haS BEEN POOR ON 15 other occasions. This latest piece of school work needs to be taken home and signed by an adult parent and I will speak to you about it tomorrow!

I take my hate off to David Noble.

The team hasn't played as well as expected under my watch, I'm not hear to make excuses, I take the blame.

Well done mate, You were the coach and the buck stops with you.
It takes more courage to walk away when you think you can't improve the team, than sticking around making excuse after excuse.

Nice to see a coach putting the club first.

Well done and good luck to you David Noble.

Brent Harvey's wife did win the car raffle one year...

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Denis Pagan rookie-listed his son at one point too (which probably helped lead to Donald McDonald resigning his position as Head of Football prior to 1st Round-rated Luke being taken on the father-son when the time came).

How can Koch even have a real feel for what the supporter base are feeling when he lives in Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back