Game Day Round 9, 2024: West Coast v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's mainly they've been harder at the ball mate. They're making their own luck.

Hopefully it lights a fire under us to come out harder after the break. Gov at the end was a good start.
Not even that but they are running forward full tilt in waves expecting to win the lose ground ball, which they are and we are getting easily caught out.

Not exactly. Maric, J.Williams, Darling, Ryan, Pet can all kick goals on their day. Collingwood's forward line is extremely unbalanced, Cox is their only tall and we should be able to stop him.
How are those WC forwards working out?
Pies look very unbalanced?

I had to turn that off. And I've sat through every game of the past few years torturing myself while we've served up trash. Really disappointing effort to end the second half there.

Would be nice to watch a few of the kids coming through without getting so annoyed at how we're playing in general. Absolutely triggered today and you all know it
Yep. Weekends are too short to spend 3 hours of them sitting there getting angry watching a bunch of highly paid footballers put in half efforts.

The value of Yoe is obvious.
Its not news that we lack a ruckman - but today we are paying fort it.
Duggan isn't good enough to lead and inspire on field.
Too many players are gassed - dumb chasing perhaps adds to it.
I dont get the Sheed comments - he is very vanilla but better than what else we have at the moment.
We need to continue building and be smarter, 100% reliance on drafting 18 year olds can only go so far as well.

Need a massive lift in intensity out of the middle to at least get some respectability back into the scoreline and turn this into a 5-6 goal game. It won't get any easier next week with the Gawn/Oliver/Petracca/Viney combo waiting to streamroll us.

I had to turn that off. And I've sat through every game of the past few years torturing myself while we've served up trash. Really disappointing effort to end the second half there.

Would be nice to watch a few of the kids coming through without getting so annoyed at how we're playing in general. Absolutely triggered today and you all know i

It’s the hope that kills you…

Seven goals from centre clearances has killed us

Being walked out of there with ease and then we can’t find a way to clear D50 with any penetration

Not sure what the answer is

Really big step backwards today sadly

They are putting their heads over the ball, and we're back to guarding grass.

Need to go back to doing the hard stuff at the stoppages. We play our best footy when we play the in-and-under stuff.

I'm wondering why we are t pressuring teams like we did against Fremantle.
We seemed to have got gradually worse since that game

Defence doesn't have much of a chance even it's coming out of the middle that quickly.

Unsure what we can't even do to stop it.

It's not a good sign being this uncompetitive in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d go all in on Chesser, Ginbey, Reid in the middle with TK chopping out.

Sheed to HFF - we have Edwards playing there anyway so not like we’re pushing some super skilled crumber out of the spot.

Pies are risking it by just charging forward at every opportunity (not much of a risk obviously), little run with role for Chesser if you’re not wanting him to hunt, see if we can slow any of it down.

People suggesting the low possessions numbers of our forwards is the issue have no idea. It's all centre bounce, Collingwood have scored 44 pts from centre bounces and all the other centre bounces just result in collingwood field position. Nothing to do with Ryan or Darling..

Completely agree and give Darling a pass he's tried his guts out today

Liam however has been awful. Probably his biggest defender on here but he's offered absolutely nothing since he's been back

I’d go all in on Chesser, Ginbey, Reid in the middle with TK chopping out.

Sheed to HFF - we have Edwards playing there anyway so not like we’re pushing some super skilled crumber out of the spot.

Pies are risking it by just charging forward at every opportunity (not much of a risk obviously), little run with role for Chesser if you’re not wanting him to hunt, see if we can slow any of it down.
Completely agree.

Simpson has to shake it up in the second half. Sheed and co have to shift out of the middle to give Chesser some meaningful time there. We have to get some exposure out of this game at least.

champions like f. macrae, l. sullivan, j. richards and r. mcinnes tearing us apart
Difference is none of these are big names but all of them are working hard both ways whereas we have a solid chunk of players, Most who have 5+ preseasons under their belt standing flat footed ball watching instead of impacting the game.

They have 2+ extra at every contest a lot of our youth trying to work early on but appear to be losing the will getting smashed on the overlap continuously because Kelly, Sheed, Ryan, rotham etc refuse to put any desire into defending or repeat efforts.

Sheed not up to midfield time now ...( As others have posted ) .
Not quick enough injury slowed him past few seasons , find another position for him hopefully .

Centre clearances 13-2 in Collingwood's favour - 7 of their 11 goals have come direct from centre clearance.

Rucks need to start tapping to better areas or just kill the contest so extras can then roll up to the repetition.

-33 contested possessions in a half is very disappointing.

Just 13 inside 50s so far. Magpies have almost three times that number.

Only four players with double-figure disposals - three of those are defenders.

Some strong performances in defence are the only thing preventing a triple figure deficit at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back