Review Round 9, 2024 - Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't agree that Cam doesn't put in effort. I don't profess to know anything about what his role is, but I don't think it's effort related.
He's certainly in a down period (pretty much since an amazing first quarter against Melbourne). Maybe his application is in the wrong areas, maybe he continues to suffer from having the tank to go again and again, so fades, or doesn't have the finishing required due fatigue.

I think it's a bit harsh to say he's been a disappointment most of his career. He carries a burden/expectation of being a #1 draft pick, but it was generally agreed he was the best pick in his draft at the time. If he'd been in another draft then potentially he wouldn't have been selected at pick 1.
He certainly hasn't exploded and we all hope he will, but to say he's a disappointment is a bit of a slap to a guy who has generally been building well, but currently having a down patch.
Some may say water under the bridge. But.
Thought his grand final was dissapointing tbh nothing to do with the now, but to me that still rates and reflects his problems that he still has.
Who are you if you don't stand up in big games.
I do believe what some and myself have said lately.
Give him a proper crack at the middle and let him go at the pill , Locke's, Bez's role.
When he's in there, Chb , don't hang around the edge waiting for a handball , get in there , give Locke a break and others to stay wide and defend, receive. See how he goes, if he struggles then forget it , he won't miraculously win us a final in there.
Otherwise keep him forward , 3rd tall or find out where he exells and keep him there.
If Bez is ok to play more mid time i would forget that idea of Rayner in there completely.

By the way when I say step up in big games I don't mean do something super human , it's more so getting yourself mentally ready to beat your opponent, be assertive , active , involved, do your role, tune in.
Don't think he quite measured up imho.

Cam's not alone in having a disappointing grand final. And he did stand up in a couple of big finals. Really needs to be at the centre of the action like he was V Melbourne

Neale, Dunkley, hippy, starce, froggy, McKenna, big o, Jaspa (fair excuse given age) all pretty quiet/disappointing on gf day.

Really kind surprising that we had a chance to steal it - thought we were by far the worse side on the day.

Neale, Dunkley, hippy, starce, froggy, McKenna, big o, Jaspa (fair excuse given age) all pretty quiet/disappointing on gf day.

Really kind surprising that we had a chance to steal it - thought we were by far the worse side on the day.

Forgot to mention that harris got DESTROYED by Billy Frampton, just like he got DESTROYED by Himmelburg this week :mad:

This clip is about Tex Walker, but how bloody good was Jack Payne’s contested marking; he’s slowly getting back to his dominant 2023 form after a slow start:

He was colossal on Sunday. I know our hearts are always in our mouths when he puts ball to boot, but I hope he keeps going for his aggressive kicks rather than conservative options. When you're where he is on the field you literally have the best view of everything. I'd like to see him use that to our advantage instead of wilting under pressure and just going long down the line.

He was colossal on Sunday. I know our hearts are always in our mouths when he puts ball to boot, but I hope he keeps going for his aggressive kicks rather than conservative options. When you're where he is on the field you literally have the best view of everything. I'd like to see him use that to our advantage instead of wilting under pressure and just going long down the line.
Andrews used to be a shaky kick but really improved to be quite solid. Im hoping Payne can do the same. He needs to be aware of his capabilities (not everyone is going to be a Coleman or Zorko) but he hopefully should improve on what he can do now and become another weapon in taking the intercept and then able to move it on quickly

This clip is about Tex Walker, but how bloody good was Jack Payne’s contested marking; he’s slowly getting back to his dominant 2023 form after a slow start:

man that last one is just the cherry on top

last week too there was a mongrel wrestle and he stood his ground and got the intercept.

to think of Adams, Payne and Andrew.. :(

Last edited:
Back