Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat Brisbane and Richmond by under a goal.
Beat North.
Beat Freo narrowly with some assistance
Lost to average Crows in Melbourne
Beat GWS. Best win but still not convincing at Marvel.
Lost to Cats
Don’t think they are going much better than they were this time last year.
We are right in this game on form.
Playing GWS without Taylor who’s just been dominating was huge for them. That game even at marvel would be completely different if he played. They are far from world beaters and that Freo game, was literally handed to them by umpires.

Beat Brisbane and Richmond by under a goal.
Beat North.
Beat Freo narrowly with some assistance
Lost to average Crows in Melbourne
Beat GWS. Best win but still not convincing at Marvel.
Lost to Cats
Don’t think they are going much better than they were this time last year.
We are right in this game on form.
The Brisbane win looked good at the time but in hindsight the Lions have not won at home yet

Last edited:
Playing GWS without Taylor who’s just been dominating was huge for them. That game even at marvel would be completely different if he played. They are far from world beaters and that Freo game, was literally handed to them by umpires.
If you didn’t notice we’re hardly playing like world beaters ourselves.
We don’t have any right to be confident going in to this game. For the first time in over a decade I don’t really feel like we can win against them and it makes me sick.

We don’t have any right to be confident going in to this game. For the first time in over a decade I don’t really feel like we can win against them and it makes me sick.
Of course we aren’t. But people are acting like the blues are the 2010 pies or 2000 bombers

Don’t think it’s a matter of being confident , I am not but I think on form it is about 50-50.

We really struggle when our key defenders are forced to play tight one-on-one roles and don’t get to zone-off, intercept and rebound.

Unfortunately that’s what’s going to happen against Carlton, with Moore, Frampton and Howe fully occupied by Curnow, McKay and DeKoning. All three of those Carlton talls are very mobile and capable of kicking 3-4 goals if given too much time and space. They showed against GWS just how quickly and devastatingly they can get off the chain. And Moore’s record on Curnow is not good.

So our boys will have to lock down on them, which will rob us of our usual drive out of defence.

Consequently, I expect the Blues to prevail by 4-5 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Geel were missing their best defender and still managed to rebound and smash Carl on transition which is not their natural game compared to us.
I don’t see an issue.

A repeat of our form against PA is good enough to beat Carlton.

Geel were missing their best defender and still managed to rebound and smash Carl on transition which is not their natural game compared to us.
I don’t see an issue.
Me either spinny, I'm really looking forward to this one and with a slight confidence

THe carry on about the Blues is ridiculous. They are a very ordinary football side. Pies by 67 points.
I would love you to be right. I fear though that this game will be a struggle. Will need to be at our best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really struggle when our key defenders are forced to play tight one-on-one roles and don’t get to zone-off, intercept and rebound.

Unfortunately that’s what’s going to happen against Carlton, with Moore, Frampton and Howe fully occupied by Curnow, McKay and DeKoning. All three of those Carlton talls are very mobile and capable of kicking 3-4 goals if given too much time and space. They showed against GWS just how quickly and devastatingly they can get off the chain. And Moore’s record on Curnow is not good.

So our boys will have to lock down on them, which will rob us of our usual drive out of defence.

Consequently, I expect the Blues to prevail by 4-5 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When we smacked them last year, Darcy broke the record for intercept marks, playing on Curnow.

If we give Carlton the same start as we did against Essendon and Port we will lose by 10 goals.
Carlton have the ability to put the foot on the throat when they are up by a few goals. Something we haven't done well at a consistent level for 2 years. (hence all these close games).
I hope we beat them, I am not confident at the moment we will.

If we give Carlton the same start as we did against Essendon and Port we will lose by 10 goals.
Carlton have the ability to put the foot on the throat when they are up by a few goals. Something we haven't done well at a consistent level for 2 years. (hence all these close games).
I hope we beat them, I am not confident at the moment we will.
Other than north who everyone has spanked, even the hawks, who have the blues thrashed?

Other than north who everyone has spanked, even the hawks, who have the blues thrashed?
Problem is Cark-Ton always lift against us. Curnow gets his usual 3-4 goals from free kicks against Moore and I don't think our midfield is up to matching theirs this year. From what I have seen so far this season.

The concern for me was how we were smashed in centre clearances and stoppage clearances by the Bombers. It’s a tough way to win a game of footy if the ball is headed the wrong way all the time. I suspect the Blues mids will do the same to us and their F50 is more dangerous than the Bombers.

How do we address this? We need to even the clearances up to have a chance I reckon.

Problem is Cark-Ton always lift against us. Curnow gets his usual 3-4 goals from free kicks against Moore and I don't think our midfield is up to matching theirs this year. From what I have seen so far this season.
Fair enough. I’m just not seeing where all this talk of Carlton is coming from. If not for two goals literally gifted to them, they would be on the same wins as us. Two wins by a goal, one against rich which is as bad as our hawks game. I’m not seeing it. Both teams have patchy form

Fair enough. I’m just not seeing where all this talk of Carlton is coming from. If not for two goals literally gifted to them, they would be on the same wins as us. Two wins by a goal, one against rich which is as bad as our hawks game. I’m not seeing it. Both teams have patchy form
They are doing more 4 quarter performances than we are, where, we just have a good quarter here and there. I don't think we can get away with that playing Carlton.
Cant let them get a 5 goal head start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back