Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mass comes straight back in. Serong subbed out at HT so you'd think the coaches didn't rate his game so he's out too. Mcdonald needs a spell in the 2s to work on his game. Gunston cooked and ramma doesn't look up to the level yet. Sicily is suggesting wingard is ready to go.

Would like to see ward or HH in for nash, but nash matches up well with bont and 5 changes feels like too many.

In: Lewis, mass, Chad, phillips
Out: ramma, gunston, cmac, serong

Morrison or Chad as the sub.

I don't usually play thin INs and OUTs game, but here we go.

I'd like to see:

Ward in for Nash. A bit more pace and disposal efficiency could be used. Day, Newk, Ward, Frenchy and Worps the main mids.

Not sure about talls, Lewis is a massive question mark and Chol is obviously suspended currently. Though I feel that's a joke and should be appealed. So, Phillips in for Chol, move Serong forward OR bring in Dear if the Coaches feel we can (man the cupboard is bare)

Mas in for Croc: Crock to play midfield only for Box Hill and forget using him as a HFF. Get him playing where he belongs.

INs Ward, Mas, Phillips / Dear
OUTs: Croc, Chol (susp), Mas

That will change by the end of the week depending on circumstances. I'd love to get someone in for Gunner, but who?1

I don't usually play thin INs and OUTs game, but here we go.

I'd like to see:

Ward in for Nash. A bit more pace and disposal efficiency could be used. Day, Newk, Ward, Frenchy and Worps the main mids.

Not sure about talls, Lewis is a massive question mark and Chol is obviously suspended currently. Though I feel that's a joke and should be appealed. So, Phillips in for Chol, move Serong forward OR bring in Dear if the Coaches feel we can (man the cupboard is bare)

Mas in for Croc: Crock to play midfield only for Box Hill and forget using him as a HFF. Get him playing where he belongs.

That will change by the end of the week depending on circumstances. I'd love to get someone in for Gunner, but who?1
Big no to Ward replacing Nash. Played well at Box Hill but pretty ineffective when playing in the guts. Dogs midfielders will eat him alive if he starts in the middle. Nash not in great form but will still hold his own against the Bulldog mids

Gosh I hope we put up a good fight against the Bulldogs. Question, this will be my first live game as I'm new to AFL and my kids would like to get their guernsey signed by players. Do they have a kick on the ground before the match? I believe it is before the warm ups? Can someone can tell me how early we need to be there. Thanks!

Also, it is Ginni's 50th. Hopefully he has kicked all the behinds out of his system against the Swans and is ready to put 4 through the big sticks. Go Hawks!

Gosh I hope we put up a good fight against the Bulldogs. Question, this will be my first live game as I'm new to AFL and my kids would like to get their guernsey signed by players. Do they have a kick on the ground before the match? I believe it is before the warm ups? Can someone can tell me how early we need to be there. Thanks!

Also, it is Ginni's 50th. Hopefully he has kicked all the behinds out of his system against the Swans and is ready to put 4 through the big sticks. Go Hawks!
If you can attend the Captain's Run this Saturday at Waverley, you might have a better chance of getting your guerney signed.

it is so bizarre that people are calling for Phillips to be selected. Have you even been watching the Box Hill games?
on what grounds do you think he deserves selection? because he is tall?
takes a few intercept marks, which he won't take at the next level up where the players are far bigger, fitter and stronger.
has, at best, average disposal by both hand and foot. gee, just what we need, another player with poor disposal out of the backline.
no closing speed, but does seem to read the play reasonably well.
this isn't a huge knock on the bloke, but he needs far more time as a professional to get anywhere near AFL level

Just saw the footage on 360. Absolutely laughable.

Both Gerard and Robbo said they were surprised he was cited. Robbo said that he should have punched him in the head like Hogan cause he got off.
That did make me laugh.

Just saw the footage on 360. Absolutely laughable.

Both Gerard and Robbo said they were surprised he was cited. Robbo said that he should have punched him in the head like Hogan cause he got off.
For those who have missed it, the Chol AFL360 video can be found here.

Below is the first half of the Scott-Mitchell interview in AFL360.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chol decision is a joke. Wasn't even worth a free kick from the footage I've seen. I mean Andrews barrelled Ginni in the back off the ball and got nothing but Chol pushed a little Swan diver and cops a week.

Embarrassing by the AFL.

it is so bizarre that people are calling for Phillips to be selected. Have you even been watching the Box Hill games?
on what grounds do you think he deserves selection? because he is tall?
takes a few intercept marks, which he won't take at the next level up where the players are far bigger, fitter and stronger.
has, at best, average disposal by both hand and foot. gee, just what we need, another player with poor disposal out of the backline.
no closing speed, but does seem to read the play reasonably well.
this isn't a huge knock on the bloke, but he needs far more time as a professional to get anywhere near AFL level
Reading between the lines: he's tall, can take a mark and reads the play well, he's exactly what we need back there

Big no to Ward replacing Nash. Played well at Box Hill but pretty ineffective when playing in the guts. Dogs midfielders will eat him alive if he starts in the middle. Nash not in great form but will still hold his own against the Bulldog mids

The reson I thought this possible is a result of having Day back. You are probably right, but we need quality ball users.

Chol decision is a joke. Wasn't even worth a free kick from the footage I've seen. I mean Andrews barrelled Ginni in the back off the ball and got nothing but Chol pushed a little Swan diver and cops a week.

Embarrassing by the AFL.
Surely he will get off

Embarrassing by the AFL.

Joke indeed. So bad that it's almost hard to even be mad about it. You just give up sometimes. Maybe it's the AFL's weird way of trying to back up the disgraceful on field decision to take the goal off us, who knows.

1714396268348.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back