Preview Round 5 v West Coast Eagles Optus Stadium Sunday 14th April 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
irrelevant as we don't know the clubs draft boards, only the recruiters would know and i'm not one of them

as not every recruiter thinks the same, like picking up the superstar tambling over some 1000 goal plodder

View attachment 1957082
View attachment 1957084

so again, think logically !
Shit Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF by UFC

For all those posting for the last 12 months that we shouldn't have recruited Hopper and Taranto ... we get to see how that would have looked this weekend

This is exactly why we got them… we might be able to cover somewhat whilst Martin is still capable of midfield minutes, but how ‘thin’ does our midfield look post Martin/Prestia if Hopper and TT weren’t there … Bolton, Ross, Graham, Dow, Sonsie, McAuliffe ….and Baker cameo’s.

Wouldn’t be many W’s in a midfield without Dusty, Prestia, TT and Hopper… the youngsters would be lambs to the slaughter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Steely Green added to squad. Why... Surely Judson Clarke miles ahead of him. Why is he so out of favour?
Juddy hurt his calf the week he was omitted from the side, so probably not wanting to take the risk with him. They may also just want to take Steely back home to visit family while they're in WA.

You guys know how to actually play footy.

We dont.

Here's what happens all day:

1. West Coast get the ball somewhere in defence and then run forward in waves.
2. Somewhere just outside the attacking 50, one of the mids utensils up the world's easiest handball/ over-the-top kick to a teammate
3. Your blokes recover the pill, blitz through the witches hats who dont know what "defensive running" is, and put the ball on the uncontested tit of a leading forward 30m out directly in front.
4. Rinse and repeat to a 40+pt win

Time will tell … but if the Weagles can’t beat a rebuilding Richmond team missing 8 of their best-23 players including 4 x first choice mids and our 2 best key forwards I fear for the Eagles future. They might burn the whole state down if there’s a loss.

What best-22 are out for Eagles? Liam Ryan? Sheed? Allen? Hewett? Anyone else likely not to play? Are they all best-22?

Maybe Yze needs to put the pictures back in the meeting room. Since they got moved we've been cursed

This injury situation is not great for the now, but it may just be good for the future.

Takes all pressure off Yze and the club. Anything is a bonus for the next 6-8 weeks in regards to wins and on-field competitiveness. Yze can experiment and play youth without much care at all for the win/loss column.

It exposes our youth a lot more a lot earlier. This will hold all of them in good stead leading into 2025. Yze gets a much better look at the entire list at AFL level which will help with list mgt decisions.

It maximises our draft hand. Allows us to likely finish bottom-4 without any of the usual misery and negativity that accompanies it.

If we had close to a full list and were staring down 2-4 or 1-5, then there’d be panic and Yze would be desperate to play all the senior players to try and get wins. Now that pressure is off and Yze has a full season to expose the future.

So it’s not ideal, but we may look back on this period as crucial in the development of the team.

And I’ve gotta say it’s exciting to see the kids without being overly stressed about getting the W.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kind of do feel for WCE though, if we lose this we’ll probably be fine in the media due to our injuries, media has been weirdly kind to us for the most part this year, however if WCE lose they are going to get caned to hell and back by WA media and VIC media. That’s going to suck for the players.

I kind of do feel for WCE though, if we lose this we’ll probably be fine in the media due to our injuries, media has been weirdly kind to us for the most part this year, however if WCE lose they are going to get caned to hell and back by WA media and VIC media. That’s going to suck for the players.
Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back