Game Day Round 5 v WCE Optus Stadium Sunday 14th April 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1713049524555.png

Today we face an Eagles side that will be desperate to get their first win of the season. We're severely undermanned and a win will not be an easy achievement today.

We actually head into the game with less experience per player than the Eagles albeit not by that much (88-85 games per player) and we will feature 11 players with less than 50 games although the Eagles have 15 under 100 compared to our 13.

We're going to need big games from Koschitzke & Lefau up forward to combat the influence of McGovern & Barrass down back, while Martin & Bolton are going to need to play as well if not better than last week as they alternate between midfield and forward. We're also going to get a good look at players who have been playing supporting roles as they now have to step up and become leaders.

Regardless of the result I'm going to enjoy today as it is another opportunity to see how the next generation goes. A win will be a great boost to the confidence levels across the team, but a loss isn't necessarily the end of the world either, as long as we bring the intensity and effort that we've brought since the game against Carlton.

Tip: Eagles to get their first win by 2-3 goals as the injury crisis has reached a tipping point and I just don't see how we can cover well enough.

Game day folks. With 8 of our best 23 sitting in the stands it's going to be a tough day at the office but the Eagles with the media and the crowd pumping them up could either inspire them to victory or fall flat on their faces.

Eagles have a tall line up ours smaller and so we will look to outrun them. Just got to make sure to cut down on the bombing into our forward 50, and lot ower the eyes for the lead-up pass as McGovern, Barrass and Duggan will be waiting to intercept any high balls coming in.

Tiges by 15 points

Shai.png

Is there a standout candidate for pick 1 this year? Like a Harley Reid, Matt Rowell, or a Jason Horne-Francis?

Or is it a Jack Watts type of year?
How the * would I know? I'm just hear to pray for the losses and hope the homeless looking bloke we hired picks a new Dusty.

How the * would I know? I'm just hear to pray for the losses and hope the homeless looking bloke we hired picks a new Dusty.
Lol I quoted you but it’s a general question for the masses. Someone usually knows these things and follows the draft prospects

(Log in to remove this ad.)

our weakest side on paper for a while but with guys like bolton, martin, drioli, baker, vlaustin, nank and short and our hungry up and comers, I can't see them getting within 6 goals of us
Will be impressed if we don't lose. Eagles will be hungry today they'll sniff a win with the team we are fielding

Ice Melting GIF by ELMØ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back